Maxfactory's Figma Line

wolfx

Got My BRS last weekend. And yeah, best Figma to date, though followed closely by the Gantz one.

Really would like some Appleseed, GITS and Macross Figmas. A bit disappointed in all the school girl treatments they've been giving lately...

But yeah, bring on those Evangelion Figmas, and hopefully a Misato with them. :)

I hear you. I bought me a BRS last week, too. In fact, I liked it so much I bought a second one to keep MISB. The only fault I could find with it is that its hip joint tends to jut out the left side, and its pretty hard to ease back into place. Other than that, full marks all the way.

Yeah, I'd love to see some GITS and Appleseed figmas, myself. But what remains my most illusive holy grail of female action figures is that of Gally/Alita from Gunnm aka Battle Angel Alita. If only Max Factory would make a Figma incarnation of her, and maybe Sechs too... B)) B)) B))

Yeah, I'd love to see some GITS and Appleseed figmas, myself. But what remains my most illusive holy grail of female action figures is that of Gally/Alita from Gunnm aka Battle Angel Alita. If only Max Factory would make a Figma incarnation of her, and maybe Sechs too... B)) B)) B))

Well if the Cameron film of battle angel goes through, then I'm certain you'll be flooded with many to pick from. :p

The new figma rei ayanami looks solid.

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/10/figma-rei-ayanami-january-2011-release.html

It tops revoltech fraulein by a mile.

Giving my Revo Rei as a gift to a friend after seeing this one.

Revoltechs are awesome with their Mechs though, like I prefer their Evas of Yamaguchi over Damashi Bandai Evas.

I still haven't taken pictures of my Figma Sakuya yet. It's got a duplicate hand and is missing another hand :(

Contacted Otacute and I'm awaiting their second reply. I hope I can just do a part swap or just get the missing hand and don't have to send in the figure for a replacement...

But anyway, I come with more BRS pictures, courtesy of 4chan. These guys can take some awesome photos like you some of you guys.

post-10165-128623708914_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128623704549_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128623705378_thumb.jpgpost-10165-12862371463_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128623712347_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128623711598_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128623721361_thumb.pngpost-10165-128623715639_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128623716934_thumb.jpg

Edited by shiroikaze

Well if the Cameron film of battle angel goes through, then I'm certain you'll be flooded with many to pick from. :p

Man, I totally forgot about the Cameron LAM. Wikipedia states that it'll probably be filmed only after Avatar 2, which means it's still a long time to wait. Then again, like any info on wiki, it's best taken with a salt shaker in hand.

Still, at least now there's actually a reason to believe in the possibility of a Gally fig.

I still haven't taken pictures of my Figma Sakuya yet. It's got a duplicate hand and is missing another hand :(

Contacted Otacute and I'm awaiting their second reply. I hope I can just do a part swap or just get the missing hand and don't have to send in the figure for a replacement...

But anyway, I come with more BRS pictures, courtesy of 4chan. These guys can take some awesome photos like you some of you guys.

post-10165-128623708914_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128623704549_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128623705378_thumb.jpgpost-10165-12862371463_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128623712347_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128623711598_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128623721361_thumb.pngpost-10165-128623715639_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128623716934_thumb.jpg

Yep, those are some purdy pictures...especially the one with BRS going all KOS-MOS wielding a rock canon in each hand.

V4 KOS-MOS sucks. All others are better, the original is the best. I'm even more bitter because V4 is intentionally just copying V1 (it's a plot-point). Only it's like a cheap cosplay, rather than an upgrade.

But it still sells like a Korean car. LOL (And I'm no Korean car fan, just your description brought into mind Kia and all that cr@p.)

Edited by Omegablue

• 2 weeks later...

They're not figmas or nendoroids but I ought to let anyone interested know.

Good news everyone. Pre-order date, release date and price for Takoluka plushies is announced.

Release within January 2011

Each one will be retail for 1980yen *3 expression to choice*

Pre-order will start tomorrow *October 19*

:3

Ps. Apparently the Black Rock Shooter Nendoroid is on sale at Ami Ami for 1100 Yen.

post-10165-12874274228_thumb.jpg

post-10165-128742742427_thumb.jpg

post-10165-128742742581_thumb.jpg

post-10165-128742742737_thumb.jpg

post-10165-128742742834_thumb.jpg

post-10165-128742743014_thumb.jpg

post-10165-128742743247_thumb.jpg

post-10165-128742746609_thumb.jpg

post-10165-128742747211_thumb.jpg

post-10165-128742747622_thumb.jpg

post-10165-128742748274_thumb.jpg

post-10165-128742749035_thumb.jpg

post-10165-128742749239_thumb.jpg

Edited by shiroikaze

Who's general noodles and where do i get these takoluka :3

And Thx for BRS nendo heads up :D

A 4channer who seems to be the first to get all the latest news when concerning Revoltechs, Figmas, Nendoroids, anything cute, Japanese, or from Good Smile Company. I heard he's secretly hired by one of them and is paid in panties. :ph34r:

You can find them in the usual stores, but Ami Ami has all three Tako Luka plushes for 1620 Yen each.

Also forgot to mention that the Tako Lukas have magnets in dem tentacles :o.

Edited by shiroikaze

Picture of New BRS figma, that Gold sword babe.

http://futaba.anacel.com/figure/src/1287735738588.jpg

And also new Figmas form that Anime that I always forget the name. LOL

Nice. I never knew the name of that character.

As for that anime u always forget, its Bakemonogatari! :p

• 1 month later...

I just got Dead Master and Revoltech Layton, and both Figma and Nendo Luka :wub: not too long ago.

The accessories that came with the Figmas are fewer this time around, but their special items (scythe and tuna respectively) and the figmas themselves make up for that with personality.

First time getting a Nendoroid too--Nendo Luka's pretty hefty, people weren't kidding when they say you could knock someone out with Nendoroids. Poseability's limited as expected, but coupled together with Takoluka, adorability is way off the charts...

I mean, every time I see promo pictures of upcoming Nendoroids, I feel like I'm going to die from sugar overload, they are that cute; especially the Touhou Nendoroids--Goddammn those Touhou Nendoroids.

Surprisingly, I managed to snag Figma Marisa off of ebay for a "decent" price. She's new/sealed in box and seems to be authentic. While she doesn't have the poseability of BRS, the Marisa Figma gives BRS the run for her money with accessories.

Strangely, when concerning the Touhou Figmas I'm 2-for-2 when it comes to missing a fist and getting duplicate holding-hand... It's funny.

I'll take pictures of all of them soon. I need to get off my lazy bum and stop being sidetracked by other things.

Surprisingly, I managed to snag Figma Marisa off of ebay for a "decent" price. She's new/sealed in box and seems to be authentic. While she doesn't have the poseability of BRS, the Marisa Figma gives BRS the run for her money with accessories.

Strangely, when concerning the Touhou Figmas I'm 2-for-2 when it comes to missing a fist and getting duplicate holding-hand... It's funny.

I'll take pictures of all of them soon. I need to get off my lazy bum and stop being sidetracked by other things.

Are touhou figmas limited release or some online store's special cuz i didn't even know they had them.

Are touhou figmas limited release or some online store's special cuz i didn't even know they had them.

They are indeed special releases (Nendoroids too) exclusive to select stores like Nico Nico and Animate (all of which don't do international shipping). Some stores (like Play-Asia) middleman them, of course at higher prices.

Otacute seems to be the only store that sell Touhou Figmas and Nendos (and other exclusives) the cheapest. As of typing this, they have Figma Sakuya and Nendo Remilia in stock, while Nendo Flandre and Youmu, and Figma Aya are up for pre-order. I wish I knew about them when Reimu and Marisa were first released. :(

They charge a bit more for pre-orders (roughly more than $40 not including shipping), but if you're willing to take a risk, they drop them back down during back-orders or whenever they're in stock.

Otacute has a bit of a reputation too, in that when they first started, they shipped merchandise in flimsy beer boxes and their customer service was less than stellar. 4chan even fondly refers to them as Otakuza because of that initial image.

However, all that's changed for the better and it seems that Otacute has been doing somersaults to clean up their image (so far as to include freebies with replacements in sturdier boxes)

I was worried at first when I first ordered Sakuya, but I have to say that I would buy from them again when given the chance.

Speaking of Otacute and Touhou exclusives, they happen to have the Volks Reimu and Marisa up for pre-order. :o

Edited by shiroikaze

Picture of New BRS figma, that Gold sword babe.

http://futaba.anacel.com/figure/src/1287735738588.jpg

And also new Figmas form that Anime that I always forget the name. LOL

I think it's called Black Gold Saw, or BGS for short.

BTW, I heard from another forum that a sniper-looking BRS character named Black Matagi is scheduled for release some time next year.

the only three Figma i have as yet;

MyFigma12-16-10.jpg

RIGHT to LEFT;

*Kagome Higurashi from INU YASHA: A Feudal Fairy Tale

*Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

*Nanoha Takamachii from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

i have kept their packaging so far, but i do not recall their products numbers.

technically, however, i have actually bought FOUR Figma; the fourth being a woman from "Ikki Tousen; Great Guardians"

that i picked up for the sole purpose of claiming her loose-knee-socked legs for Mikuru.

i otherwise do not count her short existence in my collection at all, as i very much disliked her

outside of her very specific use for my Mikuru, and have long since disposed of the unused balance of her body...

..feel free to kill me softly now...

Edited by Shaorin

@Shaorin: You have no mercy, don't you?

@GU-11: A shame too, it be nice to see a figma-jointed crab.

BRS's alter ego

No surprises there, though I wonder if Insane BRS will get a release...

Anyway, two pieces of info concerning Black Rock Shooter: BRS is definitely getting two games, one for web browser and one for the PSP--The PSP game looks like poo. Also, there may be sequel OVA coming soon.

What potato chip theory?

It's a very dangerous theory that will bring all of mankind to the brink of extinction if not kept in check. :rolleyes:

Edited by shiroikaze

technically, however, i have actually bought FOUR Figma; the fourth being a woman from "Ikki Tousen; Great Guardians"

that i picked up for the sole purpose of claiming her loose-knee-socked legs for Mikuru.

i otherwise do not count her short existence in my collection at all, as i very much disliked her

outside of her very specific use for my Mikuru, and have long since disposed of the unused balance of her body...

..feel free to kill me softly now...

Lol...wow....u cannibalised kanu unchou for her socks? :lol: That's a 1st i've heard.

@Shaorin: You have no mercy, don't you?

@GU-11: A shame too, it be nice to see a figma-jointed crab.

No surprises there, though I wonder if Insane BRS will get a release...

Anyway, two pieces of info concerning Black Rock Shooter: BRS is definitely getting two games, one for web browser and one for the PSP--The PSP game looks like poo. Also, there may be sequel OVA coming soon.

Insane version....probably eventually. But the PSP game version is probably guranteed. It is slightly different from classic BRS, one being the coat/tailcoast being the most obvious to me. I didn't really scrutinise it.

It's a very dangerous theory that will bring all of mankind to the brink of extinction if not kept in check. :rolleyes:

Ouh yes....once u pop u can't stop.

If they're cheap, I buy figures just for parts. Revoltech/Figmas are usually too expensive to do so though--every fig I want for parts, is fairly desirable to other people inherently. (I would love to have most anything from a Bunny Haruhi) (also, there's like 4 different scales for Revoltech, so a lot of times swapping won't work).

More and more figmas.

FIG-KAI-2371_04.jpg

x2_3c84cc8-550x.jpg

So the white-haired girl's called Strength, huh? Is it just me or do her weapons look different here? IIRC, they looked like pile-drivers things in the anime, not gauntlets. Gotta watch the DVD again to confirm.

I see they actually included the bio-mechanical vertebra/tail thing, too. Wonder if it's articulated as well.