Maxfactory's Figma Line

wolfx

Really loving Yomi. Ok i'm almost sure they'll include demon mode yomi as a convention exclusive or something.

The iron is awesome!! Demon exorcising weapon Michael the ....whatever number it was.

One of Figma's sculptors is tormenting me with additional Muv Luv Alternative Figmas, released as resin kits that you add your own joints to. Damn you, "OOXOO"!

http://ameblo.jp/ooxoo-japan/image-1036269...0273516019.html

The lovely Kriska Berkanova

ooxoo-japancustomFigmaKriskaMuvLuv.jpg

Edited by AcroRay

NOW K-On finally gets figmas - starting from Yui. I haven't watched this yet, and the girls are a tad tooo munchkin for my taste - but I love girls playing casual rock in high school bands ...I guess...

I'm thinking of adding these to my collection - mainly because Haruhi and Yuki will have somebody to jam with...

1zce55h.jpg

Heck...LOTS of really pretty Figma girls coming out this year! Seriously!

Meanwhile, Kaiyodo gives us Proffesor Layton and the mistransformable Revoltings ... :rolleyes: what were they thinking?

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

For me it's the V4 followed closely by V1. V2 and V3 are pretty much equal to me as V1.5 comes last. Honestly, I can't really see anything ugly about V4 though... =\

But hey, it's Kos-Mos and it's Figma, a must for me :).

I do wish they would release more Vocaloid figmas...

For me it's the V4 followed closely by V1. V2 and V3 are pretty much equal to me as V1.5 comes last. Honestly, I can't really see anything ugly about V4 though... =\

But hey, it's Kos-Mos and it's Figma, a must for me :).

I do wish they would release more Vocaloid figmas...

Vocaloid Kaito and Megurine are probably a guranteed release.

• 1 month later...

Thought I throw this question in here rather some other potential thread:

How many units of an item Good Smile (or any other figure company) usually put in production? How often times will they put a popular item back in production for another run? =\

• 3 months later...

Which of course, is sold out nearly everywhere and everywhere else that has her charges for her exorbitantly.

Not to mention things at Ami Ami sell out pretty damn quickly if you don't pre-order. Also, the nendoroids seem alot more popular than the figmas. At least, I got the keychains.

Edited by shiroikaze

• 2 months later...

The Black Rock Shooter came in yesterday. \o/

The mail lady tossed my box and just drove off :(, luckily the box looked as if it didn't even suffer a scratch.

Seems like Ami Ami upgraded their cardboard boxes, the boxes are much more sturdier than what Ami Ami used previously--they're probably on par with HLJ's legendary boxes. Packaging is also interesting, instead of airbags this time, the Figma box was nestled within another layer of equally-thick, interlocking cardboards with a centimeter of space from the inners walls of the box. Though I rather not have it happen, it looks like the box can probably take a good beating while keeping the contents safe and pristine.

post-10165-128396511403_thumb.jpg

I have to say, of the few Figmas I own, the Black Rock Shooter blows them away. The range of motions are bit more wider than what I'm used to seeing, the face sculpt seems sharper, and the accessories are numerous. Aside from the staple hands, faces, and stand, the BRS comes with an extra hairpiece with flame, a sword, a huge cannon, two metal chains, an extra stand, and a region-free DVD of the Black Rock Shooter OVA to boot!

Her cape-like jacket and her upper and lower torso being articulated are pretty nice touches too.

post-10165-128396508648_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128396509127_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128396509954_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128396510644_thumb.jpg

There's a tiny blemish on the inner right thigh, but that seems to be cleanable. The one thing I don't like is trying to place her hand on the cannon's handle. You have to stretch the fingers and thumb away from each other in order to wrap around the handle. I'm afraid to do that :(. Not to mention, the right holding-hand has the index finger and thumb attached together by a paint globule.

Still, for 2,080 yen + shipping at Ami Ami. This was a pretty good buy, I'm pretty happy with this purchase.

Edited by shiroikaze

The Black Rock Shooter came in yesterday. \o/

The mail lady tossed my box and just drove off :(, luckily the box looked as if it didn't even suffer a scratch.

Seems like Ami Ami upgraded their cardboard boxes, the boxes are much more sturdier than what Ami Ami used previously--they're probably on par with HLJ's legendary boxes. Packaging is also interesting, instead of airbags this time, the Figma box was nestled within another layer of equally-thick, interlocking cardboards with a centimeter of space from the inners walls of the box. Though I rather not have it happen, it looks like the box can probably take a good beating while keeping the contents safe and pristine.

post-10165-128396511403_thumb.jpg

I have to say, of the few Figmas I own, the Black Rock Shooter blows them away. The range of motions are bit more wider than what I'm used to seeing, the face sculpt seems sharper, and the accessories are numerous. Aside from the staple hands, faces, and stand, the BRS comes with an extra hairpiece with flame, a sword, a huge cannon, two metal chains, an extra stand, and a region-free DVD of the Black Rock Shooter OVA to boot!

Her cape-like jacket and her upper and lower torso being articulated are pretty nice touches too.

post-10165-128396508648_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128396509127_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128396509954_thumb.jpgpost-10165-128396510644_thumb.jpg

There's a tiny blemish on the inner right thigh, but that seems to be cleanable. The one thing I don't like is trying to place her hand on the cannon's handle. You have to stretch the fingers and thumb away from each other in order to wrap around the handle. I'm afraid to do that :(. Not to mention, the right holding-hand has the index finger and thumb attached together by a paint globule.

Still, for 2,080 yen + shipping at Ami Ami. This was a pretty good buy, I'm pretty happy with this purchase.

Nice! I didn't know they included the DVD in it....or is this a special limited edition thing? But srsly that OVA sucked major balls.

Nice! I didn't know they included the DVD in it....or is this a special limited edition thing? But srsly that OVA sucked major balls.

Eh, I enjoyed it. Though I admit it wasn't stellar.

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be limited edition (Ami Ami seems to have "plenty" on hand), but from Actar's review of it, it's in line with the special figmas that do get bundled with the LE games and such. Like that Saber Figma that came with the Fate/Stay Night PSP game.

• 2 weeks later...

Its interesting to note that Huke is probably making alot of royalty money from just a couple of illustrations of a character which has absolutely no defined....well...character.

Got My BRS last weekend. And yeah, best Figma to date, though followed closely by the Gantz one.

Really would like some Appleseed, GITS and Macross Figmas. A bit disappointed in all the school girl treatments they've been giving lately...

But yeah, bring on those Evangelion Figmas, and hopefully a Misato with them. :)

Got my Sakuya Izayoi from Otacute.com yesterday. They seem to be the go-to guys for the lowest prices for legitimate Touhou figmas. If only I knew about them when Reimu and Marisa came out. :(

I'll post a couple of pictures of her soon.

Also, I gave in and preordered the Nendoroid Luka :rolleyes:.

Edited by shiroikaze

I haven't taken pictures of Sakuya yet, but I found pictures of the upcoming V4 Kos-Mos from 4chan's /toy/ section.

post-10165-128565190145_thumb.jpg

That's alot of hardware she's packing... notably extra breasts :blink:. Not to mention she'll also include the staple heads, hands, and stands.

post-10165-128565190339_thumb.jpg

It really does look like her hair is on figma joints thankfully.

From what I hear, she'll retail for 4500 yen. =\

I haven't taken pictures of Sakuya yet, but I found pictures of the upcoming V4 Kos-Mos from 4chan's /toy/ section.

post-10165-128565190145_thumb.jpg

That's alot of hardware she's packing... notably extra breasts :blink:. Not to mention she'll also include the staple heads, hands, and stands.

post-10165-128565190339_thumb.jpg

It really does look like her hair is on figma joints thankfully.

From what I hear, she'll retail for 4500 yen. =\

:o I was excited for kos mos, but I've only played through the first game. Are her boobs really that big later on??

Wish they would make some claymore figures. I'd buy all of them!