Maxfactory's Figma Line

wolfx

Figmas are hit and miss for me just like Figuarts. That said, I grabbed a Link about 2 years ago, and now I have like, a dozen or something, with more on pre-order. They're usually pretty great like I said, but you get a lemon every now and then, and then there are certain ones that will have a single nagging little issue with them, just like Figuarts! I find the two lines, Figuarts and Figma, pretty much swappable in most displays and collections, which is nice. It seems between the two, you can almost always get characters from whatever licensed series you're looking for, sometimes both take a whack at the same characters, then it's neat to get to compare. I think my favorite Figmas in my collection are the Attack on Titan ones, they're all pretty amazing and detailed, and plenty of accessories too so there's plenty of display options. The one thing Figma always does better then Figuarts is that basic stands come packaged with every figure, no need to buy Tamashii Stage Act anything. I'm VERY excited for One Punch Man, I need that in my life, plus it appears the Guyver line didn't die with Guyver 1, since we're getting female Guyver 2. Good Times. Now we just need her to sell so we can stop frakking around and get a Figma Guyver 3...

I really love the figma guyver. It's very detailed and has a lot of parts with a flexible ruber material that give it a very organic creepy feel. I hope we get more than just the female.

I did my part and bought two, one to open and one to leave sealed. It really is a great Figma. Like many others I missed out on the old Max Factory Guyver units, and now they of course go for insane prices, especially the core Guyver units, so I'm ecstatic to see Figma giving us ANY new Guyver figures at all.

I actually prefer the figma guyver to the old maxfactory version. The old one does look great in the box, but it had a lot of loose pieces and parts that would just fall off, like the shoulder armor. The figma is a miniaturized version with tighter pieces and a connector for the shoulder armor and just as much if not more articulation.

I prefer sh figuarts over figma, but figma does a few things figuarts doesn't like Guyver, and Tekaman, Attack on Titan and others. I guess for me it depends on if they are doing a figure of the same thing like iron man I go for the figuarts.

I'm surprised to see a Magicl Knight Rayearth figma for the main character on preorder. It was one of the few anime titles that got a U.S. release a couple decades ago back when choices were very limited. I had a couple of friends back in the 90s that would be very happy to hear about it.

First thing that confused me was that they showed off both Figma Guyver II versions, and yet, not even NY, the place that usually carries exclusive figures and alternate versions, doesn't have the movie color version either. Even more strange, why does BBTS, a US retailer, carry both Figma Guyver IIs and yet most of the usual Japanese sites don't? Oh well, at least she's coming out, plus Guyver 3! Also One Punch Man Saitama, which went up for pre-order earlier and I already grabbed, looks great, new Link and hot damn, Zelda! Lots of good news all around, plus while I didn't care for the game at all, a Bloodborn Hunter was teased as well, I know that has a lot of people's blood pumping.

Odd. Myself and another member scanned all the Japanese sites the day this went up for pre-order and found nothing, NY included. I guess it took them a bit to list it, then it sold out anyway, which is good, the more Guyver sales the better.

Here in the U.S. Image anime also lists both guyver 2 versions for $60. They have an odd search, but if you look about 3 or 4 pages into their figma section both are still available for preorder.

It is weird that they are easier to find on American sites than the Japanese ones.

• 1 month later...

The Twilight Princess Zelda and Link figures are available for preorder.

Release date is May 2017 and HLJ is carrying the DX version for Link this time (which comes with a bunch of extra stuff):

https://hlj.com/product/GSC90228/Act

https://hlj.com/product/GSC90227/Act

https://hlj.com/product/gsc90229