Maxfactory's Figma Line

wolfx

Different in concept than the armor plus? Most likely these won't have any removable armor or any diecast content. Furthermore, the figmas will most likely be cheaper. Additionally, most of Bandai's Tekkamen are web exclusives so these will make a nice alternative....assuming MF releases these in the masses. The more Tekkamen the merrier. :)

does anyone know when preorders for the figma of Nene from Loveplus will be up? she is due next month and i cant find any site that is offering preorders for her.

I'm only aware of the first two having been announced.

How is this any different in concept than the Armor Plus Tekkaman Blade stuff?

Are people going to buy more of these because it's Figma or what?

For me its good news for a few reasons. And as i say all this, keep in mind that I LOVE the Armor Plus Tekkaman. but this is good new because:

- Figmas are cheaper overall. now there are pricier ones, but for the most part Figmas are gonna cost u less

- No exclusives. Bandai does its Tamashii crap all the time, so the more I can minimize that the happier Ill be. I only have AP Blade, because the rest are too insanely priced to be feasible.

- Solid joint system and build. Ive only ever had one Figma end up loose and/or break, and I have a few. I love the way they do their sculpts and builds.

- Bigger Range. Figma has shown with its Dragon Knight stuff that it will do a whole set, and there are some awesome designs in the Tekkaman universe I hope they get to.

So there u go, just a few positive things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Photo?

You can buy certain parts from Amazon.jp I believe. You could try contacting Goodsmile to sell/ship you a replacement, but I don't think that'll happen.

Another alternative is to find a 1:12'ish scale 3rd-party joint that would fit a figma and frankenstein it. HLJ.com should have quite a few.

You know, this is what I would love from Kaiyodo and Goodsmile, bundle extra joints with their figures. Those joints shouldn't cost them that much to put in a few.

Edited by shiroikaze

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received the long awaited Robocop figma a few days back. It's my first figure in this line, and I have to say it's a very cool toy with great articulation and terrific looks. What really amazes me is that the sculpt/articulation is so spot on that anyway I pose him it will look just like it's out of the movie :)

Now I can't wait to received my Berserk's Guts in a couple months!

Regarding Figma's Robocop: The metalic finish with the varying anodized areas is absolutely stunning, and the figure is roughly in scale, give or take, with Revoltech's Iron Man and War Machine... that's always a plus for those who like size/scale consistency on a display shelf. However, I feel that Max Factory missed a chance to design Murphy's head to use a removal helmet instead of the whole upper half of the skull being removable... that way one could have had a helmet-less Robocop with Peter Weller's likeness as a display option. I also found many joints (waist, hips, etc.) to be looser than the average Figma, but not as loose as the average Revoltech. And a word of caution -- watch out for the ankle pistons as they pop out very easily and could get lost.

Edited by mechaninac

In regards to Robocop's non sculpted face. Apparently there were issues in getting the actor's likeness rights.

Another rumour I came across is that the studio that hold the Robocop rights, didn't want to give the rights to sculpt any face as a new film is in talking phase.