Maxfactory's Figma Line

wolfx

Bah. What's with the sudden surge of good toys?

Figma Saber, I quite like the idea that it comes with at least 3 heads (or 2 heads and 3 perms..) and the scabbards look even more detailed than Ebrain's HFC Saber. But I don't quite like the way the stand plugs into the back, and how she looks to be just floating above the stand..

They look really great, but MF is always so overpriced... I'd buy alot more of their VOTOMS line if they weren't completely too expensive.

Standard revoltech is 1900 yen. A Figma figure is 2500 yen which is about 3-4 usd difference.

those look great ^_^

i think the Nagato one's supposed to be out already.

and i think the sculptor's the same guy that did the shonen ace Asuka & Rei

they finally have stuff i'm willing to buy :lol:

Yeah....its by F-Face. He also did the Gunnm figure.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Both Figma and Revoltech suffer from "what's hot now-itis". I mean yeah, any company SHOULD capitalize on what's popular, but I swear sometimes they seem to be *intentionally* avoiding characters from ultra-popular stuff from the 80's, 90's, and even "way back in 2003" that'd translate quite well.

I'd own a zillion if they made more than Yoko, Haruhi, Yoko, Saber, and more Yoko and Saber variants... (have you seen what's coming up in the next few months? That's pretty much it)

You'd think with how nearly every single BGC fig made in the past 5 years sold out, and how the hardsuit design is, BGC revoltechs or figmas would be a no-brainer. (just one of many examples)

After getting a bunch of Haruhi Figmas I'm really pleased with them. I like the variety. Kaiyodo's Fraulein's aren't bad eithr though. Rei and Asuka are now stiff when compared to some of Kaiyodo's later stuff...

But in general it ultimately boils down to what series you like. Kaiyodo lost me when every new Fraulein was suddenly a color variation on that Strawberry shortcake or raspberry idolmaster chick or whatever she was called...

Figma won me over with the Haruhi line. Kaiyodo did the Adventures of Asahina Mikuru/Bunka Festival - and I do love those figs. Those three are great... but really - I don't own any other Revoltechs besides them and NGE Rei and Asuka.

I'm also looking forward to what will apparently be the Fraulein Asuka version 2.0 that hopefully is in the pipeline..although honestly I'm so into the original series that I don't really think I'll want any "re-imaged" figures...

As or the "popular-itis" ...I WISH!!

If they went by what was really popular I think we'd be getting some super poseable Ranka and Sheryl figures, not to mention they could give us Luca, Micheal and Alto in school uniforms or something like that.

But no. strangely enough apparently Macross Frontier isn't popular enough to warrant it...

I need to google Idolmaster. I was pretty surprised when those things came out...and it seemed like there was this point in time when they just kept coming and wouldn't stop :)

But whatever...so happy Haruhi Suzumiya figures were made.

But in general - I am a fan of neglected anime. Gurren Lagann is my favorite of them all and while there are some nice statues of Yoko and a couple cool Revoltechs....come on...where's the love? Where are the Gunmen?! Why does no body care? It's so unfair.

Same with Macross.

But oh well...we'll see what 2010 brings. The alien princess looks nice - and I think I vaguely remember seeing her somewhere with that little floating dude... but generally... doesn't ring any bells.

Pete

You know, I really like figmas alot, but I was kinda disappointed with Konata from Lucky Star. It's got limited range of movements because of her uber-long hair... Also, her hair-piece is loose but I think that's just my figma's problem :(

Haruhi, on the other hand, is a joy to pose.

I'd like to see more things from the Figma line... but for now, I'd like me some vocaloid figmas.

Edited by shiroikaze

You wanna talk about hair killing a figure's range of poseability - exhibit A has got to be Revoltech Fraulein Asuka Langley. I sorely wish them to mak a revised version - and not the EVA 2.0 version but just a regular NGE version and do something about that hair.

I am also curious about figma Tsuyara-san, because she seems to have the longest hair in all of anime - I wonder if it is problematic on the figure?

Pete

But oh well...we'll see what 2010 brings. The alien princess looks nice - and I think I vaguely remember seeing her somewhere with that little floating dude... but generally... doesn't ring any bells.

Pete

It's from the anime/manga series "Urusei Yatsura". One of the all-time anime classics. About as old as SDF Macross TV.

Figma's will never pierce the heavens with their drills.

True true. And I am the happy owner of numerous Revoltech Gurren Lagann items.

That said, while Figma might never pierce the heavens with their drills, figma does give us many things for our drills to pierce :)

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

That needs work. The biggest problem is the chest...

Speaking of chests - Figma or Revoltech Fraulein - I don't care which - but Misato from Evangelion also needs some love!

I would really like a a Misato-san. Preferably with a bath tub and Pen Pen...

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
You know who needs some Figma love? K-on.

The Aoshima poseable figures are atrocious....really not appealing...

Or...do the characters look like cardboard cutouts?

Pete

K on! figures fall under the mobip line...they are just like the figmas and also made by Max Factory/Goodsmile

Some new upcoming Figmas - I don't know either of them very well, howeve r- I LOVE this girls' weapon!!!

F#CK WITH YOMI AND SHE'LL IRON YOUR FACE!!

2ewi2yh.jpg

:lol:

Figma is really beating Revoltech hands down with girls. Revoltech has had like one new humanoid figure in its' 2010 line up so far, and that's some guy who looks like Magneto's distant cousin... hmm... in fact...his face looks like it got ironed by Yomi! :)