Maxfactory's Figma Line

wolfx

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Samus looks great but what I ultimately want is her in her Dread Gravity Suit.

I couldn’t care leas about the E.M.M.I.

Figma does weird stuff with their Nintendo licenses.  How many iterations of the Samus suit have they ignored that we'd all buy?  I am going to buy that Samus, though.  They absolutely nailed the look.

That EMMI looks like a pretty good figure outside of my thoughts on it as a "character" or the portions of the game that feature it.

Edited by Mommar

• 1 month later...

Samus is up at AmiAmi (went up last night); 

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-145210

They are the only of the big three, HLJ, AmiAmi and Hobby Search that has a listing. The release date is October of next year so that would reconcile BBTS's release date.

-b.

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Samus is up at AmiAmi (went up last night); 

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-145210

They are the only of the big three, HLJ, AmiAmi and Hobby Search that has a listing. The release date is October of next year so that would reconcile BBTS's release date.

-b.

¥12500 MSRP also sounds super expensive for what is included. Especially if the exchange rate goes down in the next 12 months.

Sheesh, it is $125 at BBTS? Good Smile US has it for $87: https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/figma-samus-aran-dread-ver-9210/

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

¥12500 MSRP also sounds super expensive for what is included. Especially if the exchange rate goes down in the next 12 months.

Sheesh, it is $125 at BBTS? Good Smile US has it for $87: https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/figma-samus-aran-dread-ver-9210/

BBTS is rarely the cheapest option, when I buy from them I just look to see how competitive their prices are to other sources.

And thanks for posting the Good Smile link, I didn't think to look at their own webstore.

55 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

If you use Paypal or Amazon Pay, you pay upfront. 

If you use a credit or debit card, you pay when the figure comes in. 

image.png.a07036f65293fbc08e7e4249368ac05c.png

Good to know! Thx

-b.

28 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

BBTS is rarely the cheapest option, when I buy from them I just look to see how competitive their prices are to other sources.

And thanks for posting the Good Smile link, I didn't think to look at their own webstore.

Good to know! Thx

-b.

I know that BBTS is rarely the cheapest options but that price tag doesn’t seem to be appropriate if your buying your stock from a wholesaler.

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

I know that BBTS is rarely the cheapest options but that price tag doesn’t seem to be appropriate if your buying your stock from a wholesaler.

Cool, cool - no argument here. My point was simply that their price, appropriate or not to however they're sourcing it, or any other factors, doesn't surprise me. And that when I look at them, it's usually for the sake of comparison.

-b.

• 5 months later...
40 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Nice for those that missed out, I have the original release, this appears to come with a bonus head and that's about it.

I think it also has a new stand, but doesn’t seem too different. This is definitely for those that missed out on probably the best figma ever. The Tekkaman releases were great as well 

2 hours ago, Big s said:

I think it also has a new stand, but doesn’t seem too different. This is definitely for those that missed out on probably the best figma ever. The Tekkaman releases were great as well 

Yup that base is fancier, the original release just came with the basic clear Figma stand. Fully agreed, awesome figures, I missed out on the old Max Factory figures way back in the day so I was hyped to grab all these newer Figma releases, Guyver 3 is fantastic!

3 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Yup that base is fancier, the original release just came with the basic clear Figma stand. Fully agreed, awesome figures, I missed out on the old Max Factory figures way back in the day so I was hyped to grab all these newer Figma releases, Guyver 3 is fantastic!

My old one is still boxed up after the move, but I think they also textured the joints. I was looking at some old pictures of mine and they’re unfortunately hard to tell, but I think some of the joints around the wrist, knees and elbows may have been smooth and these may be different. 

If you pre-order through Goodsmile's website the base is a bonus, but you have to order through their website. I have the original figma Guyver 1 and definitely want to pick this newer version. The Guyver figures are probably the best Figmas made. 

11 hours ago, General Rasp said:

The Guyver figures are probably the best Figmas made. 

I definitely agree there. They’re a lot of great details and awesome paint application as well as a great use of the softer plastic to allow for extreme mobility. All that and a great subject. 

It’s a pretty good looking figma, but really expensive for me right now. I also kinda liked their JSDF soldier, but I really don’t want to pay over a $100 bucks for a figma that isn’t a must buy item. Action figures are really getting pricey these days 

10 minutes ago, Big s said:

It’s a pretty good looking figma, but really expensive for me right now. I also kinda liked their JSDF soldier, but I really don’t want to pay over a $100 bucks for a figma that isn’t a must buy item. Action figures are really getting pricey these days 

That's why I'm being selective these days. Like what I really want and has impact during my childhood. Besides, can't bring all of them on to the other side so there's no point of getting everything.

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Scyla said:

That looks good. I think it will look striking in color.

I wonder why we never got a BotW Link from figma.

Don't know but given how long it's taken them to get their Dread Samus out I'd wager we aren't seeing this thing until 2026 at least.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 11:44 PM, sh9000 said:

ED94A90B-98BD-42FC-9162-2325DD8B9285.jpeg.fc0adc957fa411b830ff012771f71877.jpeg

Metroid Dread E.M.M.I.

I find it odd that you can order the E.M.M.I. from HLJ. They didn’t list Samus and I had to go through Anime Export. Did they just decided not to carry her?

I also find it odd that this robot is on the top of the sales charts at HL given that they never had Samus up for order. 

19 minutes ago, Scyla said:

I find it odd that you can order the E.M.M.I. from HLJ. They didn’t list Samus and I had to go through Anime Export. Did they just decided not to carry her?

I also find it odd that this robot is on the top of the sales charts at HL given that they never had Samus up for order. 

Was it a new version of Samus? Could it be a web exclusive, I know there were a couple of past versions available?

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

Dread Samus was up on Good Smile’s own site a while ago. The first batch is coming out Q3 this year. There is a new batch (reissue) that just went up for pre-order and that is due out Q1 next year.

I wasn’t a fan of the colors, but now I’m curious about it. I looked at Hobby Search and couldn’t find a listing there, but did see the Goodsmile listing. Maybe it was a web exclusive since the only other place I found it was a site that deals proxies for web exclusives