JOON'S...HA!

MacrossMan

Included in my first purchase was one of these things. I paid $40 for it shipped and boy was I disappointed when I received it! I read the back of the box the other day and about bust a gut laughing. I'll have to post the "Joon Story" from the box some time for those who have not seen it.

Anywho, I'm enjoying a brandy and coke while searching Ebay and I ran across this listing. Thought you guys might see the humor in this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Robotech-Vinta...7QQcmdZViewItem

Included in my first purchase was one of these things. I paid $40 for it shipped and boy was I disappointed when I received it! I read the back of the box the other day and about bust a gut laughing. I'll have to post the "Joon Story" from the box some time for those who have not seen it.

Anywho, I'm enjoying a brandy and coke while searching Ebay and I ran across this listing. Thought you guys might see the humor in this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Robotech-Vinta...7QQcmdZViewItem

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol::lol::lol: Those guys are always trying to sell things for WAY WAY WAY more than they are worth. Plus you can tell that is a KO. Silly F*ers.

:ph34r:

Just for gits and shiggles I messaged the seller asking if he knew he was selling a knock-off, and here was his response:

I know that it is not official Takatoku or Bandai figure, But this item is still quite rare and hard to come by. made by JOON's of korea as stated in the listing. Thank you for looking and have a great day!

So, he knows he selling something thats a KO, but tries to justify the price because of its "rarity". Riiiiight...

Edited by the white drew carey

Just for gits and shiggles I messaged the seller asking if he knew he was selling a knock-off, and here was his response:

So, he knows he selling something thats a KO, but tries to justify the price because of its "rarity". Riiiiight...

I think I will make him an offer...$2.00US and see what kind of reply I get. :lol:

I paid $30 back around '95 for mine from Banzai Comics and Animation on Sepulveda in LA. I didn't realize it was a bootleg. :p Now I know. Still love my VF-1J though. I need to do maintenance on it every so often, but that baby is still holding together. :) Still snap my finger with the spring-loaded landing gear too. ouch.

nope!! lonewolf is not kidding. I remember back in I think 2000 or 2001 before bandai remake their 1/55 series

this joons were actually pretty expensive around 80 to 100$ sometime more, I saw one on ebay that time that the seller had misspeled the name of it and bid on it ,if I remember correctly I think I got it for 30-35$ , man was I happy for it!! then!! :lol:

Ooh, I definitely remember how much those went for back in the day.. I'll never forget the brick I almost shat when I first saw how much ANY VF-1 cost back then. I only really discovered Macross around 1998 (when I finally discovered where the Joke Machine I got at age 5 came from), and I remember seeing Valk prices easily going into the hundreds just for the bootlegs, let alone the thousands for the originals. :ph34r:

Those were dark times indeed.

Edited by Chronocidal

Yup I remember being at work and seeing the prices for Bandais and Takas on Yahoo auctions, and thinking they used to cost £20 new. from that point on I thought Im not selling mine. Then I just started to increase my collection <_<