So, just got the 25th anniversary YF-19...

Knightdramon

Let it be known that this is my first 1/60 YF-19...

I've one of just about any major Yamato release [VF-0, SV-51, 1/48 VF1 with all accessories] and I have to say that this is perhaps their best release. The thing is a bit more complicated than the SV-51 to transform but the end result poses much better than any of their other merchandises out.

Transformation is neither too complicated nor too simple. A better mechanism to lock the entire wing section in place when in fighter would be appreciated, but it's not that bad as it is and it holds much better than either the VF-0 or the SV-51. The left wing section, in particular, simply refuses to lock in place securely at the leg peg (came that way out of the box). At first I thought I had a problematic sample because as I took it out the radar section of the cockpit hung loose but I remembered the thread about it and quickly fixed it.

Never did bother with the gerwalk.

Battroid mode is spectacular. Pretty decent articulation on all limbs, all major joints were tight (arms are a bit looser than the whole, but still tight). No locking mechanism for the entire chest assembly was a bummer, but it's still better than the SV-51.

Overall this is probably the first purchase I've had after the VF-1A Kakizaki that doesn't have any major defects (loose joints from the get go, poor fitting of parts and so on), is fun to transform and poses better than anything else. Only complaint is the lack of accessories...

On a final note, how can I replace the black canards with the gold panel lined ones?

Thanks

Glad you liked this purchase. I've been fortunate in all my Yamato purchases, and like you, this purchase was the first that I have had nothing but great joy in. To replace the canards, they just pull out, but I try to do it gingerly. They should just pop out eventually.

I have to agree, this toy is now my favorate. The color is just spectacular. I love my vf-1s 25th aniversary very much as well, but love the yf-19 even more, both in plane and in robot mode. In fact, i like them so much that i want all my toys to be black and gold, to match them ;).

the 25th anniv version is my first yf-19 too. transforming was really challenging for me....very complicated. i thought mine was broke cuz the nose cone wont flush properly in fighter mode :lol: .also this is also my most played vf i have. looks very cool in battroid mode

will post pics when i figure how to use photo-stitch mode on my camera

Edited by Vegas Valkyrie

the 25th anniv version is my first yf-19 too. transforming was really challenging for me....very complicated. i thought mine was broke cuz the nose cone wont flush properly in fighter mode :lol: .also this is also my most played vf i have. looks very cool in battroid mode

will post pics when i figure how to use photo-stitch mode on my camera

How long does it take you to transform the 19? just transformed my Nora lastnight, still stuck in gerwalk for now.

How long does it take you to transform the 19? just transformed my Nora lastnight, still stuck in gerwalk for now.

well.....from fighter to battroid it took me 30 mins with the help graham's video for my first time then it took me a whole day transforming it back to fighter mode :angry: . that damn nose cone

well.....from fighter to battroid it took me 30 mins with the help graham's video for my first time then it took me a whole day transforming it back to fighter mode :angry: . that damn nose cone

whole day for from battroid to fighter? well I guess will find out myself when I eventualy get mine. :rolleyes:

oh good, there's a video, I have not transformed my Takatoys custom Ravens YF-19 out of fighter mode since I got it. I've been afraid. I still haven't opened my 25th anni YF-19 I got from Kevin yet. But I'll open that up and transform it this weekend.