Cat's Eye & VF-4 finished!

cool8or

Hi guys! It's me again. ^_^

Following the build of my Tanmen kits, there are my just finished aircrafts:

The Cat's Eye, purchased to Grayson72 some time ago, and

VF-4, a recast from Hobbyfan.

I'm still waiting my Tamiya pigment sets, so no weathering yet in my kits, sorry (I purchase it almost 2 months ago)... :(

But in the next builds I'll try to do a pre-shading, so desire me lucky... :unsure:

dsc01609redimensionarli1.jpg

dsc01610redimensionardm6.jpg

dsc01611redimensionarvi3.jpg

dsc01612redimensionarkd4.jpg

dsc01619redimensionarzu3.jpg

dsc01613redimensionarqo4.jpg

dsc01616redimensionarqt4.jpg

dsc01614redimensionarrd0.jpg

As always, any coment or sugestion is welcome. ^_^

wow, where'd you get the catseye?

beautiful work mate, I noticed you have a couple of panels missing from the fuselage of the VF-4...why didn't you put them?

I purchased to Grayson72 some time ago.

Where are the panels that are you talking about? :blink:

Thanks for your coments, guys.

Edited by cool8or

Great work on some awesome subjects! I like the clean look, especially on the Cat's Eye. I'm sure those wouldn't see as much wear and tear and would get extra maintenance attention as well.

The only suggestion I have is to put a pilot in the VF-4! That baby is flying on autopilot right now! :lol: Looks great though.

A couple of questions:

How was the build process for the Cat's Eye? I've heard it has some challenges to get it together.

What colors did you use for the radomes (the yellowish color) and what did you use for the exhaust areas? I like the way they look and might want to use them on some of my kits.

Thanks for showing off these great kits and keep up the great work!

Cool8or, these posts are one of the reasons I come to this forum, to see the coolest models built up. Thank you so much for sharing these great pics with us. The only thing I would say is that stand does not do the Vf-4 justice, but I note that it's only temporary.

Beautiful work. And I am very jealous of that Cat's Eye, I've always wanted one...

Those look awesome cool8or! Don't overdo the weathering like others said. They look great already! I don't know about the "Public Enemy" Poster though :lol: . - MT

Public Enemy is the best Hip-Hop Band... ever!! (Off-Topic'ing myself) :lol:

Thanks for your kind words guys!!

Oh wow man you really did the Cat's Eye justice, very brave man for building an original Tanmen model. I gotta start on mine.

Thank you for sold it to me!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
I purchased to Grayson72 some time ago.

Where are the panels that are you talking about? :blink:

here's a pic of my VF-4, notice on the forward fuselage there are some panels...

oh well, but still, that's one beautiful kit man, makes mine looks like a child did it, you're quickly making yourself a very rare and quality collection *envy* ^_^

post-4448-1204416928_thumb.jpg

Hola Cool8or.

I have to say, I'm rather impressed; beautifully built models. I'm starting to become jealous for lack of time to build-up/paint my own models.

Ah, who knows; maybe I'll tackle a Catseye at some point, it's a truly attractive aircraft, and I'm quite certain that I could do the design more justice than Tanmen.

Ah, who knows; maybe I'll tackle a Catseye at some point, it's a truly attractive aircraft, and I'm quite certain that I could do the design more justice than Tanmen.

That should be awesome!! (but please do first other not-exist models)

Hola Cool8or.

I have to say, I'm rather impressed; beautifully built models. I'm starting to become jealous for lack of time to build-up/paint my own models.

His work is very nice, but so's yours from what I've seen here. If you're talking a bigger scale (oh PLEASE, be talking a bigger scale!) then I'd be up for one. It really is a beautiful plane.

Cheers,

K