stealth fast packs simple repaint (nothing special)

ZedzDead

i just got this stealth and a regular fast pack set in yesterday from Eternal D. this is one fantastic valk. since i didnt have the full stealth set, and already blew my tax refund wadd on other stuff, i decided to repaint the fast packs to match my stealth valk. besides the obvious, i also applied a trans green to his visor along w/ silver trim. i kinda like the way it turned out. i used ultra flat black KRYLON for the base and silver acrylic for the trim. also used rustoleum silver for the arm blasters. zedz

before

DSC03352.jpg

DSC03353.jpg

after

DSC03363.jpg

DSC03364.jpg

DSC03365.jpg

DSC03366.jpg

DSC03368.jpg

Actually, yeah, I was going to say something about the booster tips too. I personally prefer them to be more gray in color and flat.

EDIT: BTW, I love the Yamato sticker on the shoulder!

Edited by miriya

Actually, yeah, I was going to say something about the booster tips too. I personally prefer them to be more gray in color and flat.

EDIT: BTW, I love the Yamato sticker on the shoulder!

thanx for the compliments. yes the tips were done in a semi flat black as i didnt have any color matches to go w/ the blueish grey highlights. i thought the 2 contrasts were a pretty good idea. would i prefer the original stealth FPs? yes, but i was limited w/ my supplies and am actually quite happy w/ the results which i guess is all that matters. i love the way ultra flat paint goes w/ macross and TFs. you get it too glossy and the finish just doesnt look right. i'll use future for my glosses. zedz

As much trouble as I am having with trying to get the Stealth parts, I may have to consider doing this myself. I have never customized anything. Was it difficult? I'd hate to jack up a perfectly good set of parts that I could put on a different fighter as is.

i've been repainting for about a year now. its very easy (if you have patience). i prefer ultra flat for my repaints unless it calls for gloss. its really is pretty hard to mess anything up w/ a flat spray whereas gloss can run and leave an orange peel effect (dimples) if you put too much on in one coat. and if you cant find a certain color in flat, go w/ the semi or gloss, let fully dry, then go put a coat or 2 of flat matte clear spray. but be warned, if you are too impatient, you will get a snake skin effect (cracked pattern) from the coat beneath. the most important skill is the easiest of them all, patience. just fully disassemble the parts, put the screws back in there respective places, and remove the engine/turbine. these were pretty straight forward in that regard, a very easy job. did it in a day. w/ the help of heaters of course. zedz