How many times have you watched episode one of Frontier?

taksraven

The other obvious ones I've noticed are Sheryl shouted "Atashi no Uta o Kike!" ("Listen to my song!" using a feminine version of "my" as opposed to Basara's more masculine "Ore no Uta o Kike!")

Sheryl's concert itself is strangely reminiscent of Sharon Apple's.

Alto's VF-25 at the end posed exactly like Hikaru's from the end of SDF episode 2. It's even missing its left arm...I think.

Ranka's pet/cell phone (???) seems to be a reference to Gubaba ( ^_^ ).

I thought of the ending credits of Dynamite also when they showed the street car...but we may be reaching. The city IS based on San Francisco (and Shibuya, of course...but the Shibuya 109 Bulding has been replaced with Shibuya 119, Lord knows why...), so street cars are something you'd expect to see. I just hope Macross F's Shibuya has a Hachiko statue.

And is it just me, or is the school shaped like the Macross with the main gun down...? That, or a Destroid Monster...

I think it's supposed to be the Macross with guns down.

Actually, an outside reference, the jet-packs reminded me of the Griffon from Patlabour.

Gee I feel like a heretic :unsure:

I've only watched it twice. The original when it first became available and a fan sub a few weeks back.

Sorry but can't see the point in watching it a zillion times as there's plenty more anime that needs watching.

I know this actually airs in Japan in April '08, but I've seen scenes on YouTube, etc. Is this 1st episode available on import/pirated DVD, etc. so I can get a copy? Anyone know? I dunno how to do any of that bit torrent stuff to view on my computer. I can't find any anime DVD site on the internet that is actually selling the DVD yet. Just makes me wonder how it got on YouTube.

I know this actually airs in Japan in April '08, but I've seen scenes on YouTube, etc. Is this 1st episode available on import/pirated DVD, etc. so I can get a copy? Anyone know? I dunno how to do any of that bit torrent stuff to view on my computer. I can't find any anime DVD site on the internet that is actually selling the DVD yet. Just makes me wonder how it got on YouTube.

I just watched it again last night. So that is numero 2. It was MUCH better this time. I watched it off this site that my neighbor introduced me to called "crunchy roll". That place is the shiznit. If you haven't tried it...you should.

:ph34r:

Again, it's all here, availabe for direct download, all the information, everything:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=24559

But, to answer your question, the pilot episode aired on TV in Japan on December 23.

Can't quite say, I have spent entire weekends watching them all back to back.

I'm just silly that way, I usually watch them in as close to order as you can get.

But off hand I would say 8 times as a whole.

But Frontier I've only seen once.

Actually, I only watched it for the first time today. Silly me for not visiting the actual Macross section of the board in ages.

I watched the Seiyan sub, but I noticed that the official thread has the Shinsen version. Is it better? The Seiyan version had nice font and typesetting, but I question its accuracy.

Actually, I only watched it for the first time today. Silly me for not visiting the actual Macross section of the board in ages.

I watched the Seiyan sub, but I noticed that the official thread has the Shinsen version. Is it better? The Seiyan version had nice font and typesetting, but I question its accuracy.

Seiyan version sucks. "Brief"-25 remember ? <_< Shinsen version for the win.

Edited by Macross007

• 2 weeks later...

just watched it for the first time last night.. wow!! i was really out of the loop in the macross world and this has just sparked my interest again. i cant wait for the second one to come out.

hello to all u MW members who remember me??