How many times have you watched episode one of Frontier?

taksraven

Watched episde # 1 of Macross Frontier about 13-15 times so far.

As for other Macross shows: -

• SDFM TV = 3-4 times.
  • DYRL = 12-15 times.
  • FB2012 = 4 times.
  • Macross II = 10-12 times.
  • Macross Plus OVA = 10-12 times.
  • Macross Plus Movie = 4-6 times.
  • Macross 7 = 6 times.
  • Macross Dynamite 7 = 4 times.
  • Macross Zero = 8 times.

The above approximate figures represent how many times I've watched them all the way through. I've watched individual scenes from each anime far more times.

Graham

Only 3 times. No need to burn myself out on it. I don't want to get bored of the show before it's even had a chance to get started. I've got about as much information out of it as I can for now and I want to be able to watch the official regular season release of episode one in April with a full level of anticipation.

SDF Macross : 1 time

SDF Macross DYRL : 2 times

SDF Macross Flash Back 2012 : 1 time

SDF Macross II : 0 time (I just have the dub version, so don't expect me to watch this. And it's non canon.)

Macross Plus OVA Version : 5 times

Macross Plus Movie Edition : 1 time

Macross 7 (including Encore, The Galaxy's Calling Me! and Dynamite) : 1 time

Macross Zero : 3 times

Macross Frontier : 3 times and I am going to watch it again tonight but this time in HD.

Edited by Macross007

SDFM - 3 times

DYRL - 18 times

Macross Flashback - 2 times

Macross Plus Episode version - 15 times

Macross Plus Movie - 7 times

Macross 7 - Only seen the first 6 episodes so far

Macross Zero - 6 times

Macross Frontier - 4 times so far B))

Edited by Fiach

frontier - seiyan subs twice and shinsen subs once

every other series, ova and movie once...

except for sdf macross which is 1 and a half times, i was re-watchin' it before my mb died on me and i forgot where i left off (luckily i had all my macross on dvd-r).

Well in my case

SDF Macross : 7 times

SDF Macross DYRL : 48 times and counting

SDF Macross Flash Back 2012 : 47 time and counting

SDF Macross II Movie Version : 3 times

SDF Macros II OVA: 2 Times

Macross Plus OVA Version : 20 times

Macross Plus Movie Edition : 15 time

All Macross 7 : 1 time

Macross Zero : 9 times

Macross Frontier : 7 times

macross zero-13x

dryl-20x

macross plus + movie -50x(still counting)

mac II - 40x

mac F - 20x (still counting)

I love mac plus ^_^

Haha, wow. My numbers are a little less than yours. :p I've lost count of how many times I've seen each series though....

Using inequalities...how many times I've seen each show would probably look something like:

Macross II > DYRL? ≥ Macross TV ≥ FB2012 ≥ Plus > Zero > 7

I only have 3 passions in life...one of them is Macross!

Edited by Oihan

macross F just once, i watched some snippets here and there to see the VF-25 though but that doesn't count.

SDF i've seen all the way through as a serise maybe 2 or 3 times , but i watch random discs fairly regularly when i'm working on stuff

Mac + at most 4 times

Zero: havn't even seen all the episodes once, mostly i jump through them, really i'm not diggin it.

M7: literally just too much content for me to get into, and too much reused animation, which is a total cop out, i need to watch it.

DYRL?: maybe 3 or 4 times

I've only watched Frontier three times. Does that make me a bad fan?

I've watched the entire Macross Megaseries twice all the way through (once before Zero, once after), and I'm about to start going through it all again (if I watch two or three episodes or a movie per day, Frontier should have started by the time I finish...)

SDF Macross: twice raw, three times with the Animeigo set, and once with the ADV set. (and LOTS of watching those old Robotech Perfect Collection tapes, but of course they never finished that series.

DYRL: I first got a copied VHS tape of it in 1985...I've completely lost track of how many times I've watched it, but it's A LOT (i.e. well over thirty times). With subs? Maybe five or six times.

Flashback 2012: Again, I've had a tape since soon after it came out, and it gave me a nice, quick fix, so I watched it quite a bit at the time. Maybe fifty times? More?

MacII: I only watched one-third of it dubbed, but I've seen it subbed three times.

Mac+ OVA: Maybe ten to fifteen times. The movie: three or four times raw. Four times with subs.

Mac7: Twice raw, twice with subs. Ditto Encore, but the movie I saw maybe four times raw.

MacD7: Once raw (Part four was DAMN hard to track down!), twice with subs.

Mac0: I watched the first four parts again and again and again. But I've watched the whole thing five times.

And, like everyone else, I've watched bits and pieces here and there...

And right now, I think I'm just ging to sit back and watch Booby Trap...

I'll hold my hands up to having only seen it once. But in my defense I don't watch a lot of stuff anyway and I have been working my way through a couple of TV series on DVD so the hour or so I tend to spend watching stuff has been overwise occupied.

I think I watched the trailer about six times though.

Must get around to watching ep one again. I think I missed some stuff (didn't catch the Isamu in-joke for example).

Karl

I'll hold my hands up to having only seen it once. But in my defense I don't watch a lot of stuff anyway and I have been working my way through a couple of TV series on DVD so the hour or so I tend to spend watching stuff has been overwise occupied.

I think I watched the trailer about six times though.

Must get around to watching ep one again. I think I missed some stuff (didn't catch the Isamu in-joke for example).

Karl

The Isamu joke is just as we are introduced to the students in their crazy, sci-fi jets packs.

And is it just me or is the tram in episode one supposed to be slight reference to the closing credits of Dynamite? I may just be trying too hard with this one.

Once. And i'm looking for more in-jokes. There's the obvious Isamu one. But has anyone seen any more?

The other obvious ones I've noticed are Sheryl shouted "Atashi no Uta o Kike!" ("Listen to my song!" using a feminine version of "my" as opposed to Basara's more masculine "Ore no Uta o Kike!")

Sheryl's concert itself is strangely reminiscent of Sharon Apple's.

Alto's VF-25 at the end posed exactly like Hikaru's from the end of SDF episode 2. It's even missing its left arm...I think.

Ranka's pet/cell phone (???) seems to be a reference to Gubaba ( ^_^ ).

I thought of the ending credits of Dynamite also when they showed the street car...but we may be reaching. The city IS based on San Francisco (and Shibuya, of course...but the Shibuya 109 Bulding has been replaced with Shibuya 119, Lord knows why...), so street cars are something you'd expect to see. I just hope Macross F's Shibuya has a Hachiko statue.

And is it just me, or is the school shaped like the Macross with the main gun down...? That, or a Destroid Monster...

The other obvious ones I've noticed are Sheryl shouted "Atashi no Uta o Kike!" ("Listen to my song!" using a feminine version of "my" as opposed to Basara's more masculine "Ore no Uta o Kike!")

Sheryl's concert itself is strangely reminiscent of Sharon Apple's.

Alto's VF-25 at the end posed exactly like Hikaru's from the end of SDF episode 2. It's even missing its left arm...I think.

Ranka's pet/cell phone (???) seems to be a reference to Gubaba ( ^_^ ).

I thought of the ending credits of Dynamite also when they showed the street car...but we may be reaching. The city IS based on San Francisco (and Shibuya, of course...but the Shibuya 109 Bulding has been replaced with Shibuya 119, Lord knows why...), so street cars are something you'd expect to see. I just hope Macross F's Shibuya has a Hachiko statue.

And is it just me, or is the school shaped like the Macross with the main gun down...? That, or a Destroid Monster...

I feel very dense today, I seem to have managed to miss almost all of these. (Except for the San Francisc reference). I think I need to give it another watch, and make sure my brain is spun up to full operating speed this time.

Karl

I haven't been around in the Mac World for a bit, did you guys buy this on DVD or see it somewhere else? How can I get a copy? I've looked around and haven't found anything yet.

I watched mine on YouTube. Poor quality...but...it works.

:ph34r: