Macross II toys and figures

CAIN MKII

Why can't I find any toys or figures of the Macross II mechas?

I love them (specially the VF-XX , VF-1MS , AGA-1JF).

But I feel they aren't popular enough, even Yamato haven't released anything Macross II related.

:wacko:

P.S: compliments to William Cheng's gorgeous VF2-SS. ^_^

There were never any Macross II toys released and only one plastic model kit, the Bandai 1/100 Scale VF-2SS with SAP.

Both B-Club and Musasiya released various Macross II resin garage kits. You can find details of them in the main site.

Yamato will not make Macross II toys. I have tried to persuade them many times, as I would love a VF-2SS and VF-2JA toy. However, Yamato have a very close working relationship with Kawamori-san and Kawamori dislikes Macross II, so Yamato do not want to do anything to anger him.

Graham

There were never any Macross II toys released and only one plastic model kit, the Bandai 1/100 Scale VF-2SS with SAP.

Both B-Club and Musasiya released various Macross II resin garage kits. You can find details of them in the main site.

Yamato will not make Macross II toys. I have tried to persuade them many times, as I would love a VF-2SS and VF-2JA toy. However, Yamato have a very close working relationship with Kawamori-san and Kawamori dislikes Macross II, so Yamato do not want to do anything to anger him.

Graham

I guess it's not too surprising since Kawamori didn't work on Macross II. Perhaps miffed that he was left off that project? ^_^

Anyway, IIRC the VF's in Macross II were done by Ohata Koichi of Gunbuster fame.

Personally I liked Macross II and the VFs in the show. If Yamato won't touch Macross II, I can only hope Bandai or some other company (except maybe Toynami :lol:) brings it out as a toy. If Bandai can release a SOC toy of the rather unpopular Dragonar, I suppose there's hope for Macross II.

Edited by Vifam7

Graham

Thank you for your answer Graham.

Shot, it's pretty disappointing to ear Yamato won't even think about making Macross II toys, just to avoid to anger M.KAWAMORI . :angry:

Geez we have already tons of toys from the rest of the Macross series, kits in every scales , colour variations , kind of materials....

Let's try something new and fresh for a change. :rolleyes:

How many versions of the same VF do they think we're going to buy? :wacko:

Sooner or later they will come it.

I hope Bandai will be smarter.

Thank you for your answer Graham.

Shot, it's pretty disappointing to ear Yamato won't even think about making Macross II toys, just to avoid to anger M.KAWAMORI . :angry:

Geez we have already tons of toys from the rest of the Macross series, kits in every scales , colour variations , kind of materials....

Let's try something new and fresh for a change. :rolleyes:

How many versions of the same VF do they think we're going to buy? :wacko:

Sooner or later they will come it.

I hope Bandai will be smarter.

Well golly, bandai sure did so much for the license back in the day, let's get a big ol heaping spoonfull of more 1/100 scale models and dumbed down, kiddiefied toys! Woohoo, yay bandai!

What ever happened to Bandai's supposed plan to re-release the VF-2SS plastic model, among other models?

I know I've got mine pre-ordered. ;)

HLJ.com has the release date set for this month. link

edit: Added link cos HLJ was down before.

Edited by Tober

• 2 weeks later...

Since Bandai is diving back into producing Macross toys and models due to their sponsorship and licensing of Macross Frontier they could dust off their other Macross related licenses and produce M7, FB2012, and M2 toys in 1/60 and models in 1/72 (forget their usual 1/100 fetish). I know it'll never happen, but if it did, how cool would that be?

Edited by mechaninac

I'm not fond of Macross II but there are 3 things from it that I like:

1) Silvie Gena

2) The UN Spacy dress uniform

3) VF-2SS

That's it.

What I would like to see:

- resin kit / PVC figure of Silvie (swaying boobs mandatory BTW, not an option)

- A 1/60 or 1/48 VF-2SS w/ SAP parts, please.

Someone needs to put forward to Bandai there is a market for Macross II. They've got the license, USE IT~!

I still want a Metal Siren, that and the Gilgamesh Feff type, and 2SS.

Of course a Silvie Gina PVC fig would be grand. She needs to have those trademark freckles!!!! Agree Warmaker. Soft boobs.

I just posed my bandai VF-2SS last night, gave it more of a kick ass pose, looks awesome, the arm movement is lacking a little.

What i would give for a Yamato or Revoltech poseable VF-2SS figure.... :D Of course fully variable is welcome! Bandai! hint hint

If they ever did bring out the conversion kit again for the 2SS to make it FP less i'd so buy a 2nd one.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Someone needs to put forward to Bandai there is a market for Macross II. They've got the license, USE IT~!

I live three blocks from Bandai's Main office. I will plan a hunger strike in protest. How does that sound?

Do it dude! SO they are in Aki??

No they are in Kurame. I live there, but I work in Aki. Bandai, Megahoue (Division of Bandai), Happynet (Division of Bandai), Banpresto (Division of Bandai), epoch and many other toy offices are all near my place.

You guys are aware that Bandai is planning on re-releasing the VF-2SS kit right?

If I recall correctly it is supposed to come out this spring sometime, to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Macross... Whether it will be the transforming kit or separate fighter and battroid kits, I do not know...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.as...&company=11

Edited by Zinjo