Gundam Stands & Detolf Display Case

Jin_Kune_Do

Hey everyone.

Ive been thinking of getting myself a few (ok actually alot) of the Gundam display stands for my 1/48. Ive grown tired of just having them "parked" in the my display case, and from the pictures ive seen with the Valks on a display stands, well they are pretty nice (the Yamato & Gundam Stands) I wish i had the cash to get the Yamato stands, but from just the price alone, is not worth paying that much for it, specially if you need more then one, id rather use my money on getting another valk instead. And from what i know so far the Gundam stand is much cheaper and just as durable/Stabil.

So here is the question, i was wondering does any of your MWers in here know how many gundam display stands you can fit inside the Detolf Display Case? Im really hoping that its just big enuff so i can fit two on every on every level inside the detolf´s 4 compartments.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

- Jin

Here's a pretty old pic of my Detolfs with multiple 1/48's in each one... as you can see... depending on which configuration you display your toys... you can fit 3 or 4 comfortably in battroid mode.... almost impossible to have 2 in fighter mode unless you use varying heights with the gundam stand which is possible...

about 2 for gerwalk mode... i'm looking at ways to make my shelves look less crowded... i should take updated pics...

4-11-07003.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I was looking for some glass display case options and came across this thread. This little blog also has a nice review of the Ikea’s Detolf Glass Display Case.

http://www.originalprop.com/blog/?p=40

It also mentioned the lockable Biby Glass Display Case.

http://www.originalprop.com/blog/?p=552

And I really like the lockable part. Are there any other popular options? Ideally I'd like something a little bigger (mostly in width) but not too much more expensive. Buying 3 and sitting them side by side as kiririth has shown above looks very nice but its not quite as flexible as a single unit would be. The vertical panes of glass between the units keep long items from being laid down. So to me a single unit 3x as wide at 3x the cost would be a better deal and the cost of materials should be cheaper as less glass is needed but I don't see any products out there that fit that bill.

Thanks,

Carl