IF you didn't get it the first time

Fly4victory

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSG65768

If you didn't get it the first time and were unlucky on Ebay here is a chance to get the 1/72 Minmay Guard from Hasegawa.

It is scheduled for release in March.

THANKS!!! just ordered mine. I am not much of a model guy but this one is too sweet to pass up.

:ph34r:

Good to see the Minmay Guard being available again! Though I guess you can now also not trust Hasegawa anymore when they label "limited edition" on their kits.

I am happy to have it re-released it is better than using the scans I up loaded to try and make the decal sheet. I just wish they would release the M0 F-14 and Mig again.

Well, supposedly Hasegawa "limited edition" kits, the ones where you see a little red label on the box, have a run of between 3,000 to 5,000. So, the Minmay Guard kit cost retail Yen 3,800 and the auction is for 24 of them. So, the buyer got each kit for around Yen 1,333 before shipping, which is a steal!

I assume the Seller noticed that it will be re-released, hence the prompt bulk load-off ^_^

Edited by Valk009

Well, supposedly Hasegawa "limited edition" kits, the ones where you see a little red label on the box, have a run of between 3,000 to 5,000. So, the Minmay Guard kit cost retail Yen3,800 and the auction is for 24 of them, so the current asking price is very good.

I assume the Seller noticed that it will be re-released, hence the prompt bulk load-off ^_^

+1 Like the 1/48 Max&Miria ^_^

Not only the Minmay Guard but they also are re-releasing the VE-1 which was discontinued a while ago, the SV-51 twin booster and the VF-0 with ghost have also been re-issued, I've been talking about this to the supplier over here and Hasegawa has told him that most if not all the models in the Macross line will be re-released.

But it raises the question how limited is limited.

I'm starting to think Hasegawa Limited means limited runs for the year. We all know that really if Hasegawa want to re-release limited items they just change the box art, maybe slip in an extra set of decals. Limited or not if Hasegawa make good money on it, it will be released again and again and well you get the picture.

They aren't the same decal sets you know.

I know but, I have a set from the Hasegawa kit. Bought it on ebay a year or so ago, guy said he didnt need it as he was doing a custom. Only cost me $5 or so. I will probably just get the kit because i can and its there etc. eaither way I'll end up with both versions of the MGuard :)

They aren't the same decal sets you know.

What's the difference I just used the Hasegawa instructions to apply the Minmay Guard Moon Act and I found no difference apart from the quility, but apart from that every decal is the same as the Hasegawa. You sure your not talking about the Paris version that Hasegawa only released in a decal set.

What's the difference I just used the Hasegawa instructions to apply the Minmay Guard Moon Act and I found no difference apart from the quility, but apart from that every decal is the same as the Hasegawa. You sure your not talking about the Paris version that Hasegawa only released in a decal set.

Yeah, I misread his original post because it said crazy model graphics kit and then I skipped to the part about getting the box set.

Yeah, I misread his original post because it said crazy model graphics kit and then I skipped to the part about getting the box set.

That's cool, I was just wondering. The Hasegawa decals in thier kit should kill the crazy modeler decals, it was great to be able to get them but are they thick or what, 10 ton of decal solution to get them to fit nice but in the end they look good. I'll have to pick up a couple of these kits I think.

That's cool, I was just wondering. The Hasegawa decals in thier kit should kill the crazy modeler decals, it was great to be able to get them but are they thick or what, 10 ton of decal solution to get them to fit nice but in the end they look good. I'll have to pick up a couple of these kits I think.

Meh, I just get them from that certain someone on the boards without any conditioner on top.... Since I brush paint everything I don't use a sealing coat, so I want everything as thin as possible.

I'm glad that they're reissuing some of the kits (I'm praying for the VF-1D to make a comeback...) but I wish they'd come out with something new that's NOT Zero related...I need a VF-11B, a VF-17, and a YF-19 battroid.

Hell, even the Fire Valkyrie would be great.

(I would mention my all-consuming desire for a Hasegawa VF-4, but it'll never happen...)

I'm glad that they're reissuing some of the kits (I'm praying for the VF-1D to make a comeback...) but I wish they'd come out with something new that's NOT Zero related...I need a VF-11B, a VF-17, and a YF-19 battroid.

Hell, even the Fire Valkyrie would be great.

(I would mention my all-consuming desire for a Hasegawa VF-4, but it'll never happen...)

Well the VF-11B from Hasegawa is a possibility, but the VF-17 is a Bandai property.

With all the re-issues coming out I think we'll be seeing a battle of the titans on the model kit front for the old guard Macross fanbase...

Didn't something similar happen for the 15th anniversary?

It would be nice to see an update to the old molds or even a re-scaling of existing kits, like the Mac 2 & 7 lines to 1/72.

Edited by Zinjo