CG Star Wars movie in theatres this august

lord_breetai

Ditto this question ....

:huh:

A tad harsh maybe but I do feel they could have done a better job with the plot. Zero character development and the plot was slightly contrived. But that's not the worst part (the first clone wars animated series was arguably thin on these too), I think the main problem was the lack of any suspense (never once did you feel any of the characters was in any danger).

Maybe its best if you guys catch it and see what I mean. The "banter" btw Anakin and the wise-talking padawan was particularly bad...that really tipped me over the edge for this flick.

I did catch it actually, and had a ball. The plot overall was lame, but i liked the characters, the events, the animation....fight scenes were greta, characters and dialogue actually had some personaliuty to them...i had fun. rememebr when Star Wars was fun?

A tad harsh maybe but I do feel they could have done a better job with the plot. Zero character development and the plot was slightly contrived. But that's not the worst part (the first clone wars animated series was arguably thin on these too), I think the main problem was the lack of any suspense (never once did you feel any of the characters was in any danger).

Maybe its best if you guys catch it and see what I mean. The "banter" btw Anakin and the wise-talking padawan was particularly bad...that really tipped me over the edge for this flick.

Is this where the "sky man" comments came in from the Padawan? :lol:

Stop and rethink that statement. This is a film that takes place between two other films that were already released. We also know this is the start of an actually TV series and this movie/episodes cover a single event in between those films. How much danger and suspense (will they die?) can you honestly have?

I thought the film was a lot of fun. My sister who isn't a huge Star Wars fan enjoyed it a lot as well when we saw it. The banter between Anakin and his new padawan was a bit annoying at first but it grew on me. However I see nothing but sadness in the future though. Anakin has serious attachment issues and he's already growing attached to her. I wonder how they'll explain her not being in the film and not being mentioned. I get the strange feeling that perhaps she might be wiped from his memory especially if she dies in the end. Or they could have it he remembers her but events go by so fast she isn't mentioned but her death is why he's even more determined to make sure Padme doesn't die (adding to his fall to the dark side). Or maybe she leaves the order and that adds to his distrust of the Jedi further if she's treated wrongly. The end is going to be interesting I think.

It is true, watching this movie I never felt like anyone was in any real danger. It really makes things uninteresting. All these Jedi are badasses but they get easily annihilated by the clone stormtroopers later in the 3rd movie. Where is the spidey sense? the fast reflexes? Foreseeing the future just before things happen? What is up with the stupid midiclorians? A "copy" Jango is that much better? I was the greatest SW fan for the longest time, but this latest movies have totally ruined it for me. I don't mean to be negative, but else can I say...

What happened with Jorge Lucas? Either he got soft after all these years, or he just have people running everything for him? I was expecting much more. Sorry...

I was the greatest SW fan for the longest time, but this latest movies have totally ruined it for me. I don't mean to be negative, but else can I say...

What happened with Jorge Lucas? Either he got soft after all these years, or he just have people running everything for him? I was expecting much more. Sorry...

Agreed mate.

:ph34r:

Yeah but the jedi were tougher in the old days though weren't they?

For example Vader lost his abilities after being pwned by obiwan and losing limbs.

The jedi being extinct in the later movies is like how there are no more real cowboys anymore.

And the only reason the jedi got wiped out was because they were shot in the back. They were still more powerful looking then in later times though.

At the start of original trilogy they mock vader and his devotion to his sad religion. That's like how magick is almost gone and knowledge is lost like in the final fantasy games. Primitive ancient voodoo weapons have no place in modern society anymore. The age of the guns/blasters/machines is here. People can be weaker now. The technology has softened them up.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

What are you talking about? The whole Darth Vader thing is HIS FAULT!! :lol:

lol And what are U talking about :p Darth Vadar was bad in the first trilolgy? ;) I have no beef with young ani, or even teenage ani.

It's the wankers around Ani and Obi-Wan that make the movie crap. Especially the 2nd movie noob Jedi's. They reek of Star Trek fan-ness.

I meant not kill him off, and change the story around to warrant his presence. The presence that kicks ass!

Samuel hang your head in shame! Why couldn't you be more like your clone wars animated version! Oh he kicked so much ass.

Darth maul was awesome too, but he was destined for death. The battle with him, Qui-Gon and Ob-Wan is one of my favs out of all the movies.

So is this new series set after the clone wars animated?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie