Free Fan Robotech/Macross game project

SeminNV

I can give you

A completed Alpha Fighter

A completed Beta Fighter

A In Works needs animation work VF-4

I can give out Mospeda enemy mecha

I have a SDF Macross.

I am currently working on Levels and such mainly a full size Post apocalyptic Manhattan

Working on some other things as well.

This project will be very interactive with one of the Projects I am currently working on. And will allow me to incorporate between the two quite easily.

I also have a Southern Cross AGAC I can give you.

I have some Zentraedi Mecha I am currently working on.

I will have to go through a list of models. But I have a lot of them.

Note All Models are designed for Games and have poly count under 2k normally.

Edited by Darrtallion

I can give you

A completed Alpha Fighter

A completed Beta Fighter

A In Works needs animation work VF-4

I can give out Mospeda enemy mecha

I have a SDF Macross.

I am currently working on Levels and such mainly a full size Post apocalyptic Manhattan

Working on some other things as well.

This project will be very interactive with one of the Projects I am currently working on. And will allow me to incorporate between the two quite easily.

I also have a Southern Cross AGAC I can give you.

I have some Zentraedi Mecha I am currently working on.

I will have to go through a list of models. But I have a lot of them.

1)

Thanks! it is really great

I wanna say that I don't share your models with otherm since I didn't get your permission to do that

Also, if you like - I could cipher your models so nobody will use them

Should I do it or not?

2) I like your alpha, it is much better than mine excpet 1 thing - it does not have cannon/gun. It is not a big problem, but anyway I need to reanimate it a little before using. Is your Beta transformable?

3) I have a proposal - maybe I will do animation? if you don't need the mechas to be used in your main project.

4) Haha, I have already downloaded your AGAC and MAC and Recon plane from MAcross Zero))

5) I have some Zentraedi Mecha like Officer's pod and Recon pod and some others

So, there is not problem with them. Personally I think they are much easier to model than veritech.

Again, thanks for your help!

The AGAC I have on there is not transformable I have a transformable one. As for the other Stuff that was made for a game long ago so I had major plans on improving those ones.

As for Encoding them that would be great, My other project really hates sharing transformation sequences with others but since we are completely re-writing all that code its almost not required but encoding them would be preferable just for sake of preventing hackers in my other game project. Although the texture files don't need to be coded.

As for Animation we have a to truly figure out how we are going to do that since we are completely rebuilding our base engine.

It could be totally different. But I would love to see what animations you would come up with.

And yes my Beta Fighter is fully animated. Though I think I am going to edit some of it mainly the thrust vector fins because they don't conform with the actual drawing.

There is no problem at all. I don't plan to go the Robotech's way only.

This is stupid idea of the guy Zinjo. I meant that my project is for those who like Macross and for those who like Robotech.

Nothing more. Other people who posted in this thread don't pay much attention to it.

Um, EXACTLY WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE POSTING?

This "stupid idea" is shared by most on this board and those are much less polite than I. It is most likely many senior members saw the "Robotech" part of your title and dismissed this thread as just another RT fanboy posting to be ignored. Considering the quality of the work, you are not doing your project any favors...

I respect what you are trying to accomplish and any fan made mod (I've participated in several for other games) is worthy of a look, however you need to respect the opinions of the majority of members who post here and take that into consideration when responding. Dismissing them will not help your cause.

I would have no problem downloading a Macross mod or an RT mod as separate entities (same game, same maps, different mecha). As a combined project, it only furthers HG's false claims of ownership with respect to Macross and confuses casual anime fans that the two shows are interchangeable, which is not the case and does irritate long time Macross fans.

This is something that is a reality here and should be taken into consideration when looking for support from the Macross fanbase who post here.

Um, EXACTLY WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE POSTING?

This "stupid idea" is shared by most on this board and those are much less polite than I. It is most likely many senior members saw the "Robotech" part of your title and dismissed this thread as just another RT fanboy posting to be ignored. Considering the quality of the work, you are not doing your project any favors...

I respect what you are trying to accomplish and any fan made mod (I've participated in several for other games) is worthy of a look, however you need to respect the opinions of the majority of members who post here and take that into consideration when responding. Dismissing them will not help your cause.

I would have no problem downloading a Macross mod or an RT mod as separate entities (same game, same maps, different mecha). As a combined project, it only furthers HG's false claims of ownership with respect to Macross and confuses casual anime fans that the two shows are interchangeable, which is not the case and does irritate long time Macross fans.

This is something that is a reality here and should be taken into consideration when looking for support from the Macross fanbase who post here.

I did not want to offend you , stupid idea = very wrong idea.

I did not mean you of course, I know the rules.

I am sorry with that, but you must understand how mad I am after your remarks :angry:

You know this project?

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=16101

It seems like you like it, but it is called .....Macross/Robotech.....

My opinion, you don't like mine - because I made a mistake and called it ....Robotech/Macross.... hehe

If you don'y like this thread - don't post in it.

Because of your posts some people really begin to think that it is "Robotech game"))

If you use search, you will find Graham messages on Robotech: Battle Cry

It means he played it thouhg he is evidently Macross fan

I am sure - most macross fans will play in Robotech game, even if they prefer watching Macross and hate Robotech.

You see - I found some people who help me - and they don't care about differences between Macross and Robotech.

Because we are not discussing anime here, we are making a game, where everybody could fly their favorite veritechs from Macross series and some from Robotech.

Edited by SeminNV

I am sure - most macross fans will play in Robotech game, even if they prefer watching Macross and hate Robotech.

You see - I found some people who help me - and they don't care about differences between Macross and Robotech.

Because we are not discussing anime here, we are making a game, where everybody could fly their favorite veritechs from Macross series and some from Robotech.

Zinjo is definitely right about you. <_< You are not here for Macross. You are here to steal Macross variable fighter designs for your Homotech game like the stupid pieces of poo from Harmony Gold did with the original Macross. Robocrap fans are really getting annoying with their HG thief mentality. Not only they cannot create their own animations and designs, but they have to steal them again and again from Macross. So don't pretend you are a Macross fan because obviously you are not one of us.

P.S. : And keep the term "veritech" away from the Macross World because most Macross fans don't like see Robotech terms use in the Macross universe, please.

Edited by Macross007

Zinjo is definitely right about you. <_< You are not here for Macross. You are here to steal Macross variable fighter designs for your Homotech game like the stupid pieces of poo from Harmony Gold did with the original Macross. Robocrap fans are really getting annoying with their HG thief mentality. Not only they cannot create their own animations and designs, but they have to steal them again and again from Macross. So don't pretend you are a Macross fan because obviously you are not one of us.

P.S. : And keep the term "veritech" away from the Macross World because most Macross fans don't like see Robotech terms use in the Macross universe, please.

If you were right - I would not receice any positive comments on my project. But I got it from at least 10 here, and only you with Znjo posted negative ones.

Again I asked you question:

"

You know this project?

My opinion, you don't like mine - because I made a mistake and called it ....Robotech/Macross"

And all I got were emotions. I need logic.

1) So, what the difference between my project and that one?

2) Show where my project is connected to Robotech?

And the last thing -you'd better ask mods to judge us. But before that post arguments, not emotions.

Edited by SeminNV

If you were right - I would not receice any positive comments on my project. But I got it from at least 10 here, and only you with Znjo posted negative ones.

Again I asked you question:

"

You know this project?

My opinion, you don't like mine - because I made a mistake and called it ....Robotech/Macross"

And all I got were emotions. I need logic.

1) So, what the difference between my project and that one?

2) Show where my project is connected to Robotech?

And the last thing -you'd better ask mods to judge us. But before that post arguments, not emotions.

I have nothing against this project because Jay-Lew cleary knows the differences between Macross and Robotech and he is not trying to confuse people regarding the two franchises unlike you. If you want me to quit bashing your project prove me that this game is really a Macross/Robotech game and not a RT game using Macross variable fighter designs.

Edited by Macross007

I have nothing against this project because Jay-Lew cleary knows the differences between Macross and Robotech and he is not trying to confuse people regarding the two franchises unlike you. If you want me to quit bashing your project prove me that this game is really a Macross/Robotech game and not a RT game using Macross variable fighter designs.

I don't want to prove you anything - you are not an admin or mod.

You first with Zinjo accused my project in connections with Robotech. SO YOU SHOULD PROVE IT TO ME AND OTHERS

But you cannot and you know it. From what I have just read - you got no arguments.

You first with Zinjo accused my project in connections with Robotech. SO YOU SHOULD PROVE IT TO ME AND OTHERS

But you cannot and you know it. From what I have just read - you got no arguments.

Your attitude by saying " I don't care about the differences between Macross and Robotech" is big an argument for me. NEVER a real Macross or Robotech fan could say that.

Edited by Macross007

Your attitude by saying " I don't care about the differences between Macross and Robotech" is big an argument for me. NEVER a real Macross or Robotech fan could say that.

Read rules http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=23944, OK?

It is not forbidden to have such an opinion. I AM NOT REAL MACROSS FAN LIKE YOU, got it?

We are not talking about my opinion - we are talking about my project

And again you gave me only emotions.

Show what part of my project is connected to Robotech? Only title?

Edited by SeminNV

Read rules http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=23944, OK?

It is not forbidden to have such an opinion. I AM NOT REAL MACROSS FAN LIKE YOU, got it?

We are not talk about my opinion - we are talking about my project

And again you gave me only emotions.

Show what part of my project is connected to Robotech? Only title?

Fair enough. I'm finished with you but only because of the MW Forum Rules & Guidelines. I hope you best of luck for your project and I wish you will prove me wrong when the game will be released.

As long as I can fly a variable VF-1 with semi-realistic flight controls I'm happy. You people honestly take these Macross vs. Robotech arguments way too far for really no reason at all (just to make sure I dont get attacked, yes I think the Robotech version of the story is a blasphemy).

Fair enough. I'm finished with you but only because of the MW Forum Rules & Guidelines. I hope you best of luck for your project and I wish you will prove me wrong when the game will be released.

Thank you!

I want to explain it to you. I first watched Robotech in 1991, and I was 6-7 at that time. I just watched mechas and didn't pay much attention to the story. I was born in USSR. Have you heard of it? A lot of thing were forbidden there like rock music and foreign movies. So, Robotech was one of the first foreign cartoons we wacthed as kids. And I am really greatful to Masik because we kids had 3 times more mechas than we would if they showed us Macross only. Remember being a kid? Just imagine yourself in my situation. Would you pay much attention to the diffrences mentioned?. We just loved mechas. That's what I meant. And this project is dedicated to mechas only.

I got known that story about Macross and Robotech only 1-2 years ago. I don't mind switching from veritech to what?

How should I call them then?

Again, thank you for understanding. I appologise if I offended you somehow. But take into account that I am not typical fan like most people from that forum.

Edited by SeminNV

Are there Legioss, Tread, Garfish or Horizont in the game?

If so then it is indeed a Robotech game and not a Macross game.

As I have said, I'd play both separately, just not together. The VF-0, 4, 11, 17, 19, 21, 22, 171, 25 or the VF-27 have never been or ever will be in a Robotech show, they are all Macross.

As for the amazing Jay-lew Macross render, had he put a Legioss render next to the SDF-1 Macross, you would see many posts by me and others regarding the RT references in the 3D scene...

However, Jay-lew is aware of where he posts and respects the opinions of the fans here... Not that you can't post here, just be aware that RT is not well liked here.

Macross variable fighters are called variable fighters or commonly known as Valkyries (eventhough on the VF-1 was called the "Valkyrie").

Keep in mind a "Macross" based game has a far richer universe to work from in terms of game creation than RT ever did.

If you want an idea of what you can toss into a Macross game check out March's site here:

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/m3.html

It is all Macross fighters and big ships from many series...

A far richer source to use than the bland Robotech.

But hey, if you insist on including RT, I wish you luck...

I suspect only a chosen few from here would be interested... It may sound mean, but it is the truth...

Good luck B))

Edited by Zinjo

Are there Legioss, Tread, Garfish or Horizont in the game?

If so then it is indeed a Robotech game and not a Macross game.

As I have said, I'd play both separately, just not together.

As for the amazing Jay-lew Macross render, had he put a Legioss render next to the SDF-1 Macross, you would see many posts by me and others regarding the RT references in the 3D scene...

However, Jay-lew is aware of where he posts and respects the opinions of the fans here...

Well, Zinjo, I think we should stop it. I propose you peace!

Read my post 84 please, it wil make you clear some things why I did several tactical mistakes when created this thread.

We have flamed a lot, it is time to go back to business.

Well, Zinjo, I think we should stop it. I propose you peace!

Read my post 84 please, it wil make you clear some things why I did several tactical mistakes when created this thread.

We have flamed a lot, it is time to go back to business.

I have always been peaceful. I see no need to flame you, I do feel the need to explain the differences between the shows and how people here feel about that.

As I said, what I've seen is very very good and I hope it is a success. I also hope you consider turning it into a Macross game because there are not enough good ones out there...

Regards... :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am gonna say that I am done with my diploma and other duties, so I am getting back to work with the project.

Current task is to introduce realistic flight model for the planes. Next time all valkyries (veritechs) will be diffrent in handling.

I will adjust them as I see it, but in the game all configs will be open for editing. If somebody does not like my view of planes' performance - you can simply change it as you wish.

Aslo, here is the model park that we have:

1) VF-1S

2) Alpha+Beta Fighters by Ancient Angel, Breetai/Xaquri, Darrtallion (RobotechMMO team )

3) VF-4 by (Ancient Angel, Breetai/Xaquri, Darrtallion)

4) YF-19 by Sakura Shinguji

5) VF-25 by Ironside

Thanks to all contributors!

The last thing - if you want to help the project with your models, but you don't want to share it with a lot of people - I promise you to encode your models before putting them into release version! I have already got Dartallion word to do so with his models.

Edited by SeminNV

• 1 month later...

SeminNV,

If there is ever a problem I would like to offer you a THREAD over at my section. (ask and I will PM you a link)

Since a Macross VO member has asked for one, I see no problem with allowing yet another MACROSS PROJECT to move in and have a mirror thread there (provided you know that since my project has stalled for quite some time MY hosting might disappear in the future).

The problem with gaming (especially anime gaming) is that there are too many elitists). They take a point beyond reason and who suffers? All of us. Now with this latest example I have totally snapped!

I'd like to talk to you later about models (for various reason as I have few sources, but luckily I have the full support of someone as talented as Ancient Angel of the MMO project)

To the ones this is applicable to:

I've been modding for 6 years now and unlike others can see myself going another 10-15 years. My love of all the animes I am involved with is more important that any political, legal, or economic views.

You know what brings people here? Usually GOOGLE, that's how I found this place. I was searching for info/meshes and thought I would find a group of people who actually CARED and cherished things that came from the original source no matter how they were bastardized by others (anyone who says different is a bald face liar).

Instead I found (some) who are just as bad as the ones who DELETED my threads over at that site (that place of course will not be named, but you all know what it is.)

You know what you people are BOTH two sides of the same coin (at times)...

The only tragic thing is that you are all totally in the right, but lord over it.

Education is more admirable than attacks.

I've tangeted this thread farther than I intended but my frustration demanded it.

No one hates HG now more than me (I have a theory that Yune might be the Anti-Christ?). But if you can't wrap you head around the fact that if you grew up over a decade brainwashed you might have a certain viewpoint/beloved memories also.

Do you think I would attack such a person? No... I'm a tiny bit more mature than that.

Go Nagai is my God, followed by Shoji Kawamori, and Leiji Matsumoto is #3, but I like what I like regardless!!!

As free discourse I've said nothing wrong and am 100% compliant to the rules of this site, but if anyone has been offended I say this to you: Maybe you should think real hard and take a good look inside yourself...

At the very least it couldn't hurt!

Edited by Star Dragon

SeminNV,

If there is ever a problem I would like to offer you a THREAD over at my section. (ask and I will PM you a link)

Since a Macross VO member has asked for one, I see no problem with allowing yet another MACROSS PROJECT to move in and have a mirror thread there (provided you know that since my project has stalled for quite some time MY hosting might disappear in the future).

The problem with gaming (especially anime gaming) is that there are too many elitists). They take a point beyond reason and who suffers? All of us. Now with this latest example I have totally snapped!

I'd like to talk to you later about models (for various reason as I have few sources, but luckily I have the full support of someone as talented as Ancient Angel of the MMO project)

To the ones this is applicable to:

I've been modding for 6 years now and unlike others can see myself going another 10-15 years. My love of all the animes I am involved with is more important that any political, legal, or economic views.

You know what brings people here? Usually GOOGLE, that's how I found this place. I was searching for info/meshes and thought I would find a group of people who actually CARED and cherished things that came from the original source no matter how they were bastardized by others (anyone who says different is a bald face liar).

Instead I found (some) who are just as bad as the ones who DELETED my threads over at that site (that place of course will not be named, but you all know what it is.)

You know what you people are BOTH two sides of the same coin (at times)...

The only tragic thing is that you are all totally in the right, but lord over it.

Education is more admirable than attacks.

I've tangeted this thread farther than I intended but my frustration demanded it.

No one hates HG now more than me (I have a theory that Yune might be the Anti-Christ?). But if you can't wrap you head around the fact that if you grew up over a decade brainwashed you might have a certain viewpoint/beloved memories also.

Do you think I would attack such a person? No... I'm a tiny bit more mature than that.

Go Nagai is my God, followed by Shoji Kawamori, and Leiji Matsumoto is #3, but I like what I like regardless!!!

As free discourse I've said nothing wrong and am 100% compliant to the rules of this site, but if anyone has been offended I say this to you: Maybe you should think real hard and take a good look inside yourself...

At the very least it couldn't hurt!

HI, thanks for your message!

Right now there is no problems, we have peace,

the game I am/we are working on is based not on Robotech, but mostly on Macross + Mospeada and maybe Southern Cross

Excellent!

I was unable to open your two larger archives (hotmail or Windows Live is to blame argh!)

Could you try sending them again to my Getter_Robo_G_2004@yahoo address?

Anyway I knew that valk looked familiar!!! I have it also but the guardian and Bat modes my other source did to it (Rowhider) are horrible! For some reason my "contributer", instead of doing a straight up conversion decided to do his own personal "touches" to the meshes and in the Valk's case made all these spaces in between the parts that are simply not supposed to be there and looks ridiculous! In all the other cases he stripped the textures and used his own home made ones as if to disguise them?

They came from Macross VO (and although rather low poly), are simply good game models and I had a go and did straight up conversions and kept the original textures. They came out just fine for my purposes.

I do like your Alpha, but I honestly think it needs a little work. The rear section is bothering me. Do you have AA's Alpha/beta Legios combo? There are some bits I don't like but they do go together nicely.

Also Aisiruls's(? I always get his name wrong :) ) Alpha is a solid one posted online for open use. He also did a Spartas Hovertank in bat mode and a transport called Marathon and what I know of as a Invid Gurab, there is also a Mollusk Transport ship. I thought AA's Garfish was superior though.

I'm a little embarrassed to say I never seen the original Mospedia so is every mecha I know from NG needed? I have AA's REF fleet as well as 5 Invid types if you need them! Accused Raptor helped turned the Gurab into a Shock Trooper. He also made the Invid Scout.

That's about all I have for meshes you'd be interested in I think. let me know if you want me to pack them up for you?

I'll sort the ones out you want and make sure you know who did what with a read me.

Actually, I just had a thought... IDK if I still have it but do you want me to look for the Gerwalk and Bat tha is messed up? If you can take out all the spaces it might look a lot better and give you two more modes? Unless that is you already animated the valk to do them anyway?

They used these in the original right?

shadowbeta1.jpg

I was still re-arming it physically when I took that but this was my wallpaper for a long time!

ikazuchi.jpg

fleet

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Sta...0Anime/48c5.jpg

Gurab

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Sta...0Anime/673e.jpg

Mollusk

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Sta...0Anime/a97c.jpg

Forgot about the RCB AA last sent me! his last work before he went MIA :)

Ignore the foot glows, it's a game engine bleed through glitch.

rtcorg.jpg

Alpha

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Sta...ch%202/7e29.jpg

Alpha Bat

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Sta...ch%202/fe53.jpg

red, Green Blue Alphas

58b5.jpg

Invid test battle looks funny as hell

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Sta...ch%202/81c7.jpg

This was also a long time Wallpaper: The first Episode recreated!!!!

e2a3.jpg

Hope you enjoyed those!

Edited by Star Dragon

• 1 month later...
^^ I think that you need to remove the quot for the pictures of the YF-19. Anyway, it is nice to see your in-game pictures have taken a major upgrade in visual quality.

yes, sir!))

I just wanted to post pics of models that I have , including the one you gave me, but unfortunately there is a limit of pics to be added into a post, so it showed only pics of your model :p

yes, sir!))

I just wanted to post pics of models that I have , including the one you gave me, but unfortunately there is a limit of pics to be added into a post, so it showed only pics of your model :p

I am not a sir... *smacks you!! :angry: You might want to place your SV-51 picture on the first post too...

Edited by Sakura Shinguji

SV-51 tranformable animated model WIP goes on........

screen3hw2.th.jpg screen2fz2.th.jpg screen1rp6.th.jpg

After finished the model will be available to everybody

I am not a sir... *smacks you!! :angry: You might want to place your SV-51 picture on the first post too...

I will when it is completed

Edited by SeminNV

You are very correct. I use trueSpace for just about all of my modeling and rendering - It sucks for animation though. At school I got a free copy of Softimage(used on Macross Zero) and I am trying so hard to make it my new software. Its killing me trying to do the simplest things and getting no where. The best I can do is import the models and do crappy renders. There really is not much difference in modeling programs though, just key placement and the terms they use.