Free Fan Robotech/Macross game project

SeminNV

Kool Kool

Sorry about the wait been busy with moving and all that getting ready to head back to my home town of Los Angeles.

But here are some models based on the New Generation stuff

st2.jpg

st3.jpg

st4.jpg

st5.jpg

and some pics showing scale

size.jpg

size1.jpg

size2.jpg

open.jpg

I have a lot of stuff I can add but I am work and unable to do so at the moment. And Note a lot of this stuff is just texture work by me and some modeling mainly editing. But the bulk of the work is between Ancient and another Dev member Breetai

Darrtallion!

Really nice models, and you textured them much better than I would.

Hope, I can borrow a couple of your models one day!

If you wish, I could give you several mine

Here is new update

!!!!!!VF-1S!!!!!!!!!

render2wv6.th.jpg

render1bv6.th.jpg

to compare with (it is not mine)

oroginalww9.th.jpg

now I am going to add skeleton and do animation

Edited by SeminNV

Here are some of the alphas I have textured

post-5333-1206988459_thumb.jpg

post-5333-1206988466_thumb.jpg

post-5333-1206988526_thumb.jpg

post-5333-1206988531_thumb.jpg

post-5333-1206988534_thumb.jpg

post-5333-1206988540_thumb.jpg

post-5333-1206988544_thumb.jpg

post-5333-1206988551_thumb.jpg

I just had to rebuild the green texture so I didn't add in everything but I will have them ready and if you want you can use some I don't mind. I use milkshape3d and everything is animated through that so I can loan some of them that I have permission for the others I will have to ask about.

Also here is some of the VF-4 I have been working on I still need to finish the animations for its transformations.

post-5333-1206988980_thumb.jpg

post-5333-1206988984_thumb.jpg

post-5333-1206988988_thumb.jpg

Also here is some of the VF-4 I have been working on I still need to finish the animations for its transformations.

post-5333-1206988980_thumb.jpg

post-5333-1206988984_thumb.jpg

post-5333-1206988988_thumb.jpg

I didn't know and I could never have guessed that it could be transfromed)) I am looking forward to see the pics!

And tell me if I am wrong but there are these really different transformable planes from Macross+Mospeada+Souther Cross

1. VF-0/1

2. SV-51

3. YF-21

4. VF-19

5. Aplha fighter

6. Beta fighter

7. VF-4

8. Logan

Maybe I forgot smth?

And, BTW, I am using Milk Shape 3D too. How did you do these renders with shadows and black back in it?

Edited by SeminNV

I used another program for rendering the 3d files. It just makes them look cooler but I think Milkshape released a new rendering program as well. "I Have to check it out"

But if you like Email me and I will try to help out with some stuff. Or chat with me on skype I may have it up and running half the time but I work grave shift out here and well I am asleep half the time I leave it up for messages.

But you can contact me at Darrtallion on skype.

sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner in the emails but I was busy with a lot of extra stuff with my company changing a whole lot of things So I am stuck working 16+ hours a day right now.

But I have been looking for some models for the buildings and such and I am working on a few maps for the MMO game I am working on so please give me some time and I will send you stuff as soon as I can.

Nice 3D work! Glad to see there are other Mospeada fans on this board as well.

Does any have line art schematics for the Mospead Tread/Beta Fighter?

Your help would be most appreciated.

Thank You.

Do you mean sketches? like this one?

If yes, - search the forum carefully. There was a topic on MOSPEADS fan art. And I downloaded the pic there too.

post-7298-1208346016_thumb.jpg

2. Would you like to help the project? Is your alpha transformable? If you want I can send you the demo (about 5 mb)

SO you could fly alpha there))

I am planing to introduce ground mechas like cyclone later, once I am done with planes.

Right now there is VF1S and Alpha

I am planning to include in the game

1. Beta fighter

2. VF-21

3. VF-19

4. VF-11

5. VF-4

6. SV-51

7. Logan

sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner in the emails but I was busy with a lot of extra stuff with my company changing a whole lot of things So I am stuck working 16+ hours a day right now.

But I have been looking for some models for the buildings and such and I am working on a few maps for the MMO game I am working on so please give me some time and I will send you stuff as soon as I can.

Well, there is no hurry at all. And I don't have any intentions to speed you up. I really appreciate your help and concern about the project. You don' t need to appology. I am busy at work too, and I can give the project only my free time, so sometimes there are pauses in work too.

EDIT:Grammar and Spelling

Edited by SeminNV

Do you mean sketches? like this one?

If yes, - search the forum carefully. There was a topic on MOSPEADS fan art. And I download the pic there too.

post-7298-1208346016_thumb.jpg

2. Would you like to help the project? Is your alpha transformable? If you want I can send you the demo (about 5 mb)

SO you could fly alpha there))

I plane to introduce ground mechas like cyclone later, once I am done with planes.

Right now there is VF1S and Alpha

I am planning to include in the game

1. Beta fighter

2. VF-21

3. VF-19

4. VF-11

5. VF-4

6. SV-51

7. Logan

Thanks for the info. My 3D model is transformable. As for helping with the project, I would like to. However, I'm just too busy right now. Perhaps, sometime in the future. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Stratagos

OK! I remembered you! You are the guy with voltron and valkyries.

And it seems to me you are a good modeler!

Think about my offer - I can make fly your models.

I know how to attract you to the project - I will make a beta fighter and put it into the game))

How many polys do your models have approximately (Alpha, VF-1A, Cyclone,..)?

What program do you use?

Edited by SeminNV

OK! I remembered you! You are the guy with voltron and valkyries.

And it seems to me you are a good modeler!

Think about my offer - I can make fly your models.

I know how to attract you to the project - I will make a beta fighter and put it into the game))

How many polys do your models have approximately (Alpha, VF-1A, Cyclone,..)?

What program do you use?

Yes, I started that thread of Valkyries and Voltron. As for being a good modeler, I am far from it.

I mainly use Cinema4D, because it is simple and robust. But there are many good 3D modeling applications available today.

Current polygon count:

Cyclone = 13,000

Legioss = 72,000

VF1 = 382,000

I have not seen many 3D models of the Mospeada Tread/Beta Fighter. I can't wait to see your Beta Fighter model.

I would really like to help you. However, I'm much too busy right now. Anyways, keep up the good work.

Edited by Stratagos

I am finishing environment design in the game

This time I tried to do clouds

Here is my first experience. Very simple ones

post-7298-1208810070_thumb.jpg

post-7298-1208810136_thumb.jpg

But I have a demo with rather realistic ones

So, next update for the demo will very cool looking

I am sure that this thread will soon replace the one with wallpapers ))

:p to Zinjo

post-7298-1208810191_thumb.jpg

post-7298-1208810236_thumb.jpg

post-7298-1208810247_thumb.jpg

Edit: Grammar and Spelling

Edited by SeminNV

• 2 weeks later...

This is an impressive project.

If I knew programming and better 3D, I'd be doing my own Macross fan game. But I'm a sucker for realism and detail. To me, the ultimate Macross game would be extremely similar to say, Falcon 4.0 (Still probably my favorite game, even though technically it shouldn't even be called a game). With realistic aerodynamics, a dynamic battlefield, extreme difficulty, etc.

This is an impressive project.

If I knew programming and better 3D, I'd be doing my own Macross fan game. But I'm a sucker for realism and detail. To me, the ultimate Macross game would be extremely similar to say, Falcon 4.0 (Still probably my favorite game, even though technically it shouldn't even be called a game). With realistic aerodynamics, a dynamic battlefield, extreme difficulty, etc.

Thanks for your interest towards the project!

I used to have the same ideas of yours about realism and all that, but "reality" is different.

I mean that it is very difficult to mimic the movie/anime to make really cool action in the game.

As one guy (Ironside) noticed - in the movie (Macross/Robotech) they cheated a lot to make it so impressive.

Anyway, for some reasons not gone into, I am going to take 1-2 months pause with the project.

Don't worry - the project has a BirthDay on these days, it is one year old right now (I started in May 2007). Perhaps, it shows my undying will to have it finished. And I will have it finished!

I just noticed something when I went back over the model. I was wondering how many groups do you have in the model that is used in the game. The reason being is that the MMO group I am with we noticed a increase in performance when you combine all the groupings in the model to 1 group. I believe the reason being was that you did not have to reload the same texture over and over and over again for each group. It increased performance quite a bit. It is also a reason why we are sticking to generalized texture groups. Just a thought that came to mind.

One thing I am convinced in is that it will be much much better than Robotech:BattleCry

Everybody hates Battlecry so much. I mean, I thought the story was a total throw-away, but I actually thought the gameplay was fast and furious, and made me feel like I was playing the old show. It wasn't a terribly good flight sim, that's for sure, nor a great shooter, but I actually enjoyed it. Maybe I'm a sucker.

Everybody hates Battlecry so much. I mean, I thought the story was a total throw-away, but I actually thought the gameplay was fast and furious, and made me feel like I was playing the old show. It wasn't a terribly good flight sim, that's for sure, nor a great shooter, but I actually enjoyed it. Maybe I'm a sucker.

I did not play RT:BC - don't have console. And if I had - I won't be develloping this project now. RT:BC is not that bad, but they could have made it better. I am trying to mimmic Macross Plus - a duel between 2 different veritechs.

I just noticed something when I went back over the model. I was wondering how many groups do you have in the model that is used in the game. The reason being is that the MMO group I am with we noticed a increase in performance when you combine all the groupings in the model to 1 group. I believe the reason being was that you did not have to reload the same texture over and over and over again for each group. It increased performance quite a bit. It is also a reason why we are sticking to generalized texture groups. Just a thought that came to mind.

You are right, I noticed that when worked on rendering code.

So then this is a RT game not really a Macross game...

Don't take the name of the project that seriously. I am sure you have in your collection Legioss, Beta, Cyclones. If you are so crazy on Macross - throw them away. But I bet you won't.

There will be all 7 mechs from Macross + 3 Mechs from Robotech

So it will be 70% of Macross and 30 % of Robotech.

It is just fly sim, that's all - almost no connection with the story.

If you like - I will compose version only for you. Only Macross, no Robotech. Hehe....

BTW, check screenshots - they soon will be better then pics from wallpapers topic

EDIT: Grammar and Spelling

Edited by SeminNV

I did not play RT:BC - don't have console. And if I had - I won't be develloping this project now. RT:BC is not that bad, but they could have made it better. I am trying to mimmic Macross Plus - a duel between 2 different veritechs.

You are right, I noticed that when worked on rendering code.

Don't take the name of the project that seriously. I am sure you have in your collection Legioss, Beta, Cyclones. If you are so crazy on Macross - throw them away. But I bet you won't.

There will be all 7 mechs from Macross + 3 Mechs from Robotech

So it will be 70% of Macross and 30 % of Robotech.

It is just fly sim, that's all - almost no connection with the story.

If you like - I will compose version only for you. Only Macross, no Robotech. Hehe....

BTW, check screenshots - they soon will be better then pics from wallpapers topic

EDIT: Grammar and Spelling

2 things:

1. This IS MACROSS WORLD, not RT.com... <_<

2. I own a few Mospeada Legioss and Ride Armors and I enjoy Mospeada as it was before HG bought the rights to it.

I don't necessarily need a specific flight sim of Macross as there are several out there already and there is also a pretty cool (albeit unfinished) Homeworld mod for DYRL...

Your enthusiasm is admirable and your work quite excellent, but trying to twist a square peg into a round hole around here simply won't work... If the game is RT, then call it that, tagging the Macross name on it will only irritate some people.

People around here understand the differences quite well and several are fans of both shows. Calling the game Macross when it was designed as a RT game could garner some unpleasant comments by some in these parts...

As how RT's owners have attacked the Macross franchise and merchandising in North America has left a very bitter taste in many mouths around here.

I'm being nice, others may not.

@ SeminNV

I know I promised you VF-25 with a delivery date of sometime last week...but I'm so close to finishing I decided to just finish the thing, instead of offering a partially completed model. All that remains is building the head and cutting the geometry for transformation. I should have something to send you before the end of the month. Hopefully sooner, but definitely by month's end.

@ SeminNV

I know I promised you VF-25 with a delivery date of sometime last week...but I'm so close to finishing I decided to just finish the thing, instead of offering a partially completed model. All that remains is building the head and cutting the geometry for transformation. I should have something to send you before the end of the month. Hopefully sooner, but definitely by month's end.

There is no hurry at all, I took a pause since I am moving to Netherlands by July + need to accomplish my dimploma

Okay, I know there's a lot of bad blood in regards to Robotech, in part because it's a bastardization, and in part because of Harmony Gold's jerk-wad legal maneuvering to keep true Macross out of the states. I also know that some of us grew up with Robotech and either don't mention it that much or have learned to forget about it.

I think I have stumbled upon something that will prove that the ruination of Macross could always be worse than RT.

I give you: A PIECE OF CRAP

(link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhIM-3iE2sQ...eature=related)

me personally About Robotech and Macross. Well honestly I am a big Rifts fan and can see these more like parallel dimension stuff. Each is different but have a similar beginning. To go over and blame one or the other Is just kinda of pointless to me.

As for the game I think it will be a fun and interesting game.

me personally About Robotech and Macross. Well honestly I am a big Rifts fan and can see these more like parallel dimension stuff. Each is different but have a similar beginning. To go over and blame one or the other Is just kinda of pointless to me.

As for the game I think it will be a fun and interesting game.

Ah, but here's the rub. One will not allow the other to co-exist. HG has attempted at every turn since 1999 to block Macross productions and merchandise here, that is NOT one seeing the other as an "alternate reality", as purported in the Rifts games. The only frustration I have with Bigwest is its lack of will to assert it's IP rights worldwide.

• 2 weeks later...

I just join the project.

I”ve just read the post and I think that you are loosing the focus in discussion.

However HG has renamed the Robotech first generation as " Robotech: The Macross saga" in the new re-edited version.

Does it make evryone happy?

------------

I was starting a sdf1-macross model but I saw one posted so I decided to start a beta fighter model.

It might take me some time (I m a civil engeneer student and I think I can make scnarios models beter and faster than mecha models - this weel be my first one -).

I'm from argentina and here we speak spanish so SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

I just join the project.

That's great, I am very happy indeed!

I”ve just read the post and I think that you are loosing the focus in discussion.

Right, but I try no to flame/flood too much. Sometimes it happens

However HG has renamed the Robotech first generation as " Robotech: The Macross saga" in the new re-edited version.

Does it make evryone happy?

There is no problem at all. I don't plan to go the Robotech's way only.

This is stupid idea of the guy Zinjo. I meant that my project is for those who like Macross and for those who like Robotech.

Nothing more. Other people who posted in this thread don't pay much attention to it.

I was starting a sdf1-macross model but I saw one posted so I decided to start a beta fighter model.

I think at this stage there is no need in SDF-1, if you have seen last screens - I am gonna make smth like the Macross city on the island. But you are right - the projects needs more different veritechs.

It might take me some time (I m a civil engeneer student and I think I can make scnarios models beter and faster than mecha models - this weel be my first one -).

General advice:

I would advise you not to hurry for one reason. If you dol - you will consider what you are doing to be a job, not hobby

so eventually you will hate it and leave it. Just do when you feel like doing

This is my exp, since I am working on the project for a year

Other things:

0) What format do you work with? 3ds? ms3d? other?

And what program? 3D max? Ms3d? Blender?

1) Gimme your email - I will send you an archive with models, there is Beta here too, but it is not transfromable.

However, you can take a texture from it.

2) Aslo, try to figure out how to attach a cannon / gun to your models as I did for VF-1S and Alpha.

3) Try to make your model transformable if possible (I am sure it won't be a problem for Beta, its transfromation is very simple one). So, there must be no holes in your model. If you know how - add a sceleton, if not - I will do it myself and I will do animation.

4) In game we need low poly stuff. This is crucial! No more than 5,000 triangles.

As I said earleir - I am busy with my diploma up to the 6th of June now and then with the departure to the Netherlands.

I am not sure I will write new code up to July. But I am gonna model SV-51 from Macross Zero.

I'm from argentina and here we speak spanish so SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

I am from Russia, my English is not prefect, too. Don't worry about that. People here are quite friendly.

Transformable Mechas' hangar:

Completed:

1) VF-1S

2) My Alpha and Dartallion' Alpha

Incompleted:

3) VF-25 from Frontier by Ironside

4) YF-19 from Macross Plus by Ironside and another one I found somewhere on the web.

5) VF-4 from ? by Dartallion - hope he will give it to me))

6) Beta fighter from Robotech/Mospeada by Marcos

7) SV-51 from Macross Zero by SeminNV

Edited by SeminNV