Macross/Yamato Collectors are Sadomasochists

nugundamII

says the person with like a bazillion minmays (see what I did there?) :lol:

The LFO -01 "Nirvash" is no longer available. It was a limited run by Bandai. They are inexpensive about $25-$35 dollars. Because of this price point the quality is on par with Yamato's first 1/60 Vf-1A. Parts you have to take off to get it into vehicle mode. Its plastic feels like good quality, Detail and paint apps are very good

but the hip joints are very loose. I am hoping this mecha gets the SOC treatment, because its definitely deserving of the treatment just not sure why they haven't yet.

There is a kick ass model of the Nirvash -02 which is awesome. Its where the mecha assumes flight capability and is essentially a triple changer. There is also a modified Nirvash kitbash that has taken pieces of an attack chopper and fused it in the body of the model very nice.

http://www.robotoys.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=1678

http://www.discountanimedvd.com/detail.asp...me=Eureka+Seven

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN932880

More pics

post-4512-1202057040_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1202057061_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1202057080_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1202057096_thumb.jpg

I think Yamato ultimately deserves the criticism leveled against it. Not for all the minor QC issues like off-center skull insignia's, the odd bent antennae or other ridiculous complaints that MW has hit them with for years now. No, I think the benchmark was the VF-0 arm joint. That whole debacle was just inexcusable, IMO. I'm one of the fortunate ones that escaped that toy, but the way that situation was handled (or better to say "wasn't" handled) is just tragic. The failure rate was insane and nothing was done about it.

That incident has turned me into a reaction buyer as far as Yamato is concerned. I'll never be there to purchase another of their products upon release, only after plenty of reviews are out and I've scoured the communities for buyer experiences.

I think Yamato ultimately deserves the criticism leveled against it. Not for all the minor QC issues like off-center skull insignia's, the odd bent antennae or other ridiculous complaints that MW has hit them with for years now. No, I think the benchmark was the VF-0 arm joint. That whole debacle was just inexcusable, IMO. I'm one of the fortunate ones that escaped that toy, but the way that situation was handled (or better to say "wasn't" handled) is just tragic. The failure rate was insane and nothing was done about it.

That incident has turned me into a reaction buyer as far as Yamato is concerned. I'll never be there to purchase another of their products upon release, only after plenty of reviews are out and I've scoured the communities for buyer experiences.

While I wholly agree about Yamato deserving alot of the criticism that people throw at it, I was fairly certain if you lived in Japan you could just call the company up and ask for a new part for any of their toys. The big problem Macross collectors that live outside Japan face is the fact that there are legal barriers that disallow Yamato from directly shipping anything macross related to the US because of legal barriors put in place by HG and Toynami. The only reason they could send out Garland replacement shoulds to people through YAMATOTOYSUSA.com was because no such barriors existed regarding megazone products. I got my replacement Garland shoulder by the way. Everything works fine on it now. Still, shame on you Yamato for makeing beutiful toys that break on the 1st run. BTW, I heard they got a new QC manager. Why did the old QC manager still have a job after the Garland and VF-0A CF? Was s/he sleeping with Yamato's CEO? I guess the two left wing joints on the ivanov finally did him in. :lol:

I agree. I appreciate that some people were able to move on, but for me, the VF-0 shoulder debacle was completely unacceptable... especially since the deadly combination of poor materials and bad design was already experienced with the Garland. IMO, the QC guy should have been fired after the the original 1/72 yf-19. It should NEVER have gotten to this point. And the fact that Yamato made MONEY off of the replacement arms? That's borders on criminal.

Since you guys have challenged me on the distinction between yamato and other companies I shall elaborate

Bandai SOC line is geared towards adult collectors with a few factors in designing their line

1. make them as close as replicas as possible

2. posability of points of articulation

3 quality of material used metal and plastic in most cases

4 Presentation in terms of boxing and gimmicks ie transformation.

Just to balance a bit the Bandai stuff are not always great. Gundam Fix are famous of having crooked V-fin, or fit so poor that they crack open (example).

Introducing the dark team.

Speaking of the "dark team" I have a 1/48 stealth too and a 1/48 anniv. I have the SV-51 also, but it's at 1/60 scale.

I now hope that Yamato will release a 1/60 stealth and a 1/60 25th Anniversary to couple the VF-25 that'll be coming out from Macross F.

Just to balance a bit the Bandai stuff are not always great. Gundam Fix are famous of having crooked V-fin, or fit so poor that they crack open (example).

true, my SOC eva came out of the box with paint chips and my takara MP Convoy and SS both had significant flubs. The convoy had paint spills and some of the diecast is bent and the SS had a bent tailfin complete with stress mark.

Forgive this question, which I'm sure has been answered a few times, but which parts of the VF-0 arm have the bad reaction with one another? Pictures would be great, if anyone has any.

The shoulder joint is the problem area.

The shoulder joint is the problem area.

not quite... it was anywhere the plastic touched the rubber friction pads. So the vf-0s had shoulder problems, they would shatter and the vf-0a had bum shoulders and bad bicep swivels, both areas would eventually become brittle and break. Basically, the rubber they used and the formula of ABS had some sort of chemical interaction that left the ABS brittle.

But the pricing of Gundam Fix is no where as ambitious nor pulling as much overtime pay as Yamato's Macross!

Come to think of it, I can't help but notice the similarities between the two - in terms the general QC, choice of materials and the overall initial project enthusiasm that don't quite materialize in the final product.

Maybe Yamato shouldn't be too aggressive at work and clock out on time like Bandai, the China factory workers and everybody else... get some rest... come back fresh the next day, y'know it not like Yamato is doing something extra to show for it. :)

Edited by Beware of Blast

not quite... it was anywhere the plastic touched the rubber friction pads. So the vf-0s had shoulder problems, they would shatter and the vf-0a had bum shoulders and bad bicep swivels, both areas would eventually become brittle and break. Basically, the rubber they used and the formula of ABS had some sort of chemical interaction that left the ABS brittle.

Thanks. Just to be clear, does the first-run VF-0S have the "bad bicep swivels," or is this just on the -0A?

Thanks. Just to be clear, does the first-run VF-0S have the "bad bicep swivels," or is this just on the -0A?

If they did, they weren't as bad as the VF-0a, the two that I own had nice, sturdy bicep swivels and shattered shoulders while the 0a had problems with both shoulder and biceps. The ancedotal evidence seems to supports the rubber/abs chemical reaction theory that Graham passed along to us from Yamato.

If they did, they weren't as bad as the VF-0a, the two that I own had nice, sturdy bicep swivels and shattered shoulders while the 0a had problems with both shoulder and biceps. The ancedotal evidence seems to supports the rubber/abs chemical reaction theory that Graham passed along to us from Yamato.

Thanks, again, for the info. I'm going to try to head off any problems with my -0S by drowning the shoulder assembly, shoulder socket/rubber pad, and ball joint in acrylic. Hopefully, this will create a hardened barrier between the compounds that don't like each other.

Was s/he sleeping with Yamato's CEO? I guess the two left wing joints on the ivanov finally did him in.

This kinda reminds me of the conflict of interest that exists between the editor on ign's nintendo section of the website married to someone from a PR firm who works for nintendo.

I wouldn't be surprised if something like that were true.

But the pricing of Gundam Fix is no where as ambitious nor pulling as much overtime pay as Yamato's Macross!

Come to think of it, I can't help but notice the similarities between the two - in terms the general QC, choice of materials and the overall initial project enthusiasm that don't quite materialize in the final product.

Maybe Yamato shouldn't be too aggressive at work and clock out on time like Bandai, the China factory workers and everybody else... get some rest... come back fresh the next day, y'know it not like Yamato is doing something extra to show for it. :)

Welcome back BOB!!!

:lol: