Macross/Yamato Collectors are Sadomasochists

nugundamII

are you saying your nose doesn't have this slot?

yf19nose.jpg

edit: Wicked Ace, you beat me to it. And here I was trying to be helpful.

Anyways, tips on transforming it.

step 1: swing the gullet hatch down,

step 2: make sure the canopy is lowered and the peg is sticking down.

step 3: raise the nose so that the canopy peg inserts into the slot

step 4: press the little part on the nose cone that locks the canopy in place

step 5: raise the gullet hatch up.

ta-da.

Edited by eugimon

heh heh, finally...the board is doing what it's suppose to do...help each other out.

then again, a little complaint or rant is needed...just look at it as if we were all counselors...counseling each other.

lastly, for a $230 USD...i still believe that the packaging for the $180+ USD valkyrie collectibles "sucks" compared to the MP line and SOG line.

Wow that ended better than expected, some funny sh#t though. Some fine saturday morning reading. :)

this is all the more amusing when I imagine Brian's voice when reading JsArclight's posts.

It somehow just seemed like Brian speaking, forever more JsArclight's posts will be read imagining Brian's voice. :D

Ah, speaking of vodka, we were saving a Robert Cavalli vodka I bought for New Years but never got to it. We saved it just in case the San Diego Chargers get to the Super Bowl.

So that didn't happen, and I popped that baby open...definitely smoother than Grey Goose and has very little after taste...very good to those just starting out with Vodka, but a bit expensive.

But anyway, SALUD! (as I stare up at my YF-19!) :)

Be delicate, be careful, and don't expect a 1/48 VF to handle like your Transformers Cybertron Nightscream Supreme - it won't.

I've never heard of "Transformers Cybertron Nightscream Supreme" ... can you please post a pic??

LOL.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a genuine issue thankfully. And I thought he was about to expose us all as yamato shills for a second. Good thing the cover hasn't been blown after all... Phew!

*waits for well-earned cheque in the mail from yamato and graham*

Hopefully when bandai releases the vf-25 and I praise it I will be able to earn twice as much.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Not a genuine issue thankfully. And I thought he was about to expose us all as yamato shills for a second. Good thing the cover hasn't been blown after all... Phew!

I just hope that next time there's a freakout that someone (you know who you are) can actually admit that they were wrong. It would make me feel better for them to do so since they were so quick to yell at everone else for their mistake.

:ph34r:

haha, in true MW fashion. :lol:

i know it sucks when people downplay peoples issues but if you've been here for a while, you'd know that asking for help means you'll get clowned in the process. it use to bother me at first too but i know everyone here has a sense of humour and joking 99% of the time.

nugundamII great collection BTW. I was gonna suggest that you check out Grahams transformation vids. They are posted on Youtube. The 19 is a very complex toy (as are all of Yamato macross toys) So seeing someone correctly transform one is a huge help. I really wish that someone would post a video for the dd and Nora valks. There pretty easy to transform once you play with them for awhile, but can be pretty intimidating at first glance.

My 25th YF-19 has the exact same prob with the nose. My normal 1/60 YF-19 is perfectly fine and the nose locks up very tightly.

EDIT: I transformed it back into Fighter mode and the problem magically solved itself! Now the nose is nice and tight.

Edited by OmegaD3k

I just hope that next time there's a freakout that someone (you know who you are) can actually admit that they were wrong. It would make me feel better for them to do so since they were so quick to yell at everone else for their mistake.

It takes balls to admit you are wrong especially on an internet board in front of thousands.

If there is an upcoming bandai toy (let's say they make a better version of the vf-17 or seomthing similar to how yamato is revisting the vf-1) and then graham gives it a positive review, will people still think positive comments on yamato toys = those people being yamato shills though?

Don't people realise that they (yamato) are getting the attention because they are the only ones actively making toys of macross for the past years? (and not because we have much alternative?) If we did say, get a 1/48 or 1/60 vf-17 (not a chunky munky but something for the adult) from bandai we'd probably be along heaping praise on them too.

But until such time that they DO something for the niche market, we are going to feel neglected. (remember the toy drought?) And accusers, please don't mention aqaurion, that was a recent show! So of course they would ride on the recent exposure of the show with a new release toy, just like how we are seeing macross zero toys just as the ova is finished. That's not the same as say, going back to macross 7 and releasing a totally new VF-17 or Blazer Valkyrie just for fans who want a better toy and sick of the old one. I don't think that's a valid comparison to be honest. Because Yamato have gone back to the old toys and made better ones, which shows they are making the most out of the license for those who still want newer toys of things from older shows. (which may be important for the fan during those times when there is no new toys to look forward to which can coincide with the release of a new show)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

nugundamII,

with all this said and done. my personal apologies to you. just don't be so quick to jump on others when they are throwing out a little criticism. it's all fun and games till someone loses an eye.

:ph34r:

*nods in agreement*

Yes, it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

Then it's just plain fun :lol: