Macross DYRL: Proper English Fandub

Hikuro

That doesn't protect it man, I just ripped if off of Youtube at 780p. I just wanted a higher quality version. I love this dub. Are you final final with it? You really should turn the sound effects and music up to match the voice track. the voices are really too loud. Other than that, you probably could add the beginning from the PS1 game.

That doesn't protect it man, I just ripped if off of Youtube at 780p. I just wanted a higher quality version. I love this dub. Are you final final with it? You really should turn the sound effects and music up to match the voice track. the voices are really too loud. Other than that, you probably could add the beginning from the PS1 game.

Yaaaaaa, thanks for letting me know you ripped it : / kind of makes me feel like I should take it off and put it in the disney vault now.

It's done done, I'm done toying with it, I got other things to do. I've already done the PS1/Saturn opening a long time ago.

I didn't rip it to take anything away from you man! I ripped it because I love your efforts. I would pay you to do this if you weren't already doing this for free. Hell I may pay you anyway. What you did is epic.

I understand. But you gotta see where I'm coming from. While I acknowledge what I do is no different and in violation of copyright what I offer is an alternative to those who don't want to read subtext and miss beautifully done animation and gripping storylines. What I do is to fulfill someone's urge to act and perform and to know how hard it is to do something like this.

I've had someone take 1 very well done dub I was in 7 years ago and sell it on eBay and an import store for 25 bucks a pop. Then I got this robotechpodcaster yokol who not only streams a bad version of my film on his channel as his own, but he also allows ppl to download the audio off iTunes.

Film is one thing but taking my audio I made from scratch is just insulting.

But I do appreciate you're a fan now agentone, but I can't take anything unless its in some way going to benefit the cause directly like equipment or software to make a better film.

That thought has always crossed my mind.

I understand. But you gotta see where I'm coming from. While I acknowledge what I do is no different and in violation of copyright what I offer is an alternative to those who don't want to read subtext and miss beautifully done animation and gripping storylines. What I do is to fulfill someone's urge to act and perform and to know how hard it is to do something like this.

I've had someone take 1 very well done dub I was in 7 years ago and sell it on eBay and an import store for 25 bucks a pop. Then I got this robotechpodcaster yokol who not only streams a bad version of my film on his channel as his own, but he also allows ppl to download the audio off iTunes.

Film is one thing but taking my audio I made from scratch is just insulting.

But I do appreciate you're a fan now agentone, but I can't take anything unless its in some way going to benefit the cause directly like equipment or software to make a better film.

That thought has always crossed my mind.

Wait... Doug Bendo ripping off others work? Why am I not surprised? I think someone needs to get Gubaba on the case!

Wait... Doug Bendo ripping off others work? Why am I not surprised? I think someone needs to get Gubaba on the case!

What is he gonna do? ban him? I don't care if he's banned off the forums, but I'd really like my audio taken OFF itunes and youtube if anything.

And once again guys, I'm not selling the movie or making copies of it. I wont cross that line.

If someone is ripping you off, they should be banned at least. Probably as far as it can go here. I don't think its the worst thing though if someone wants a copy of what you did. Think of me getting it off youtube. I just did it so I can have it on my iPad to watch on planes. Why don't you do a higher quality version torrent? Ultimately if there is a torrent out there, nobody is going to make a DVD out of it.

because they would make a DVD out of it. It's happened with a previous project.

I watch the movie too on my ipad, galaxy, TV the works, but I stream it. it's just easier to me.

As for Doug Bendo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiZ6OJMOUoI There's the film right there. I've had several conversations with them and he's an a-hole. He knows he's an a-hole, and pretty much has told me he isn't going to do crap about taking the film off.

On the plus side the film he's using has untimed subtitles, and the old old old audio I used which is crap compared to what I've done for the 2.0 edition.

I think the footage comes from boingers remaster job from few years back but the timing didn't work correctly.

You use to be able to go to his macross share site and download the old video along with my zero dub. But since this incident I believe he has switched over to streaming.

I understand what Hikuro is saying about how much work he and his team put into his dub, so I just posted a weblink on the Macrosshare blog to the streaming vidoe DYRL version 2.0 dub. A very find dubbing job it is, too.

I don't plan on making anymore .mkv files of DHE dubs direct downloads available on Macrosshare without some approval by Hikuro.

Since December, both me and the other two admin.s on Macrosshare lost almost all the files on the blog because

Rapidshare and Mediafire and MegaUpload deleting accounts because of potential copyright infringements despite differences in international copyright laws.

I have to resort to updating the blog with other website sources to recover the missing files.

Anyways, Macross Plus Movie Dub by DHE , Woo Hoo!

Edited by boinger

Yes, this is in the works. I have many things to do to get the prep work done before I allow anything else to proceed. Such as a massive hard drive cleaning and removing dead projects from my back logs so I can soley work on this. Not too mention been busy doing my own spartan armor.

Since December, both me and the other two admin.s on Macrosshare lost almost all the files on the blog because

Rapidshare and Mediafire and MegaUpload deleting accounts because of potential copyright infringements despite differences in international copyright laws.

I have to resort to updating the blog with other website sources to recover the missing files.

Anyways, Macross Plus Movie Dub by DHE , Woo Hoo!

That sucks!

It is also one of the biggest reasons why I don't do any remote archiving. I bought a BD burner and make physical archives of my files.

Storage site admins and owners have this facist notion that they can rummage through users accounts and delete whatever they like without restriction. I don't buy into that notion. I stopped using "Imageshack" for that very reason! I didn't like going to (what I believed was) my personal account and find my files deleted without notice or explanation.

Edited by Zinjo

Well what's done is done. Doesn't matter at this point unless Doug goes and rips my 2.0 audio and uses that, then there's going to be hell. Can't think of the number of times I had to cut my losses cause I wasn't happy with something in this movie when I first began it so many years ago. But now I'm actually really happy with how it all turned out and even watch it from time to time wondering how I pulled off a certain scene so well.

Now comes the next big step, Plus. It's a movie that people have messaged me about for a long time on doing. I got it scripted, and I even have a few people who recorded years ago when I was ready to do it.

I don't know how ready I am to do this film though. But this matter will be taken on a seperate thread.

Fandubbing you mean? :p

Plus movie edition was scripted out some time ago based on a direct translation then tweaked the best I could do. I've even had a few areas mixed together to see how the flow would work with what I had for effects and it was pretty nice, but that was roughly 2 years ago, it helped me ascertain how DYRL 2.0 would sound.

Some other projects on the board being penciled but far from ready would be the 2 Frontier films, a Pilot episode of Macross 7 (Something more series related than Strongest Women episode) and finishing Macross Zero.

Fandubbing you mean? :p

Plus movie edition was scripted out some time ago based on a direct translation then tweaked the best I could do. I've even had a few areas mixed together to see how the flow would work with what I had for effects and it was pretty nice, but that was roughly 2 years ago, it helped me ascertain how DYRL 2.0 would sound.

Some other projects on the board being penciled but far from ready would be the 2 Frontier films, a Pilot episode of Macross 7 (Something more series related than Strongest Women episode) and finishing Macross Zero.

Fansubbing* :p Tired posting=not so good.

That'd be cool I have never seen 7 or the Frontier movies yet, or Plus movie edition.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be holding a Q&A sessions from now until April 1st. I'll be picking up to 10 questions from you guys or anyone who's joined the channel as a subscriber and answer them in person.

It has to be something related to Dark Heroes but you can ask as many questions as you want.

Just click here http://youtu.be/0zMRo5ABfBc and write a comment.

I figure this would be a good way for fans to know what's going on versus asking the same questions again and again, which I'm sure will happen, but it'll give definitive answers to them since I don't get to everyones comment.

• 1 month later...

Aside from the import store, you should be able to put a copyright claim in on eBay, Youtube and iTunes. I'm not sure how successful you will be with the voice track angle alone, but you might be much more successful in getting the content removed if you go the angle of copyright content owned by Big West, distributed internationally by ###.

• 3 months later...

Well fans ill be taking dyrl off my channel.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Macross-Do-You-Remember-Love-Flashback-2012-English-Edition-Blu-Ray-DYRL-DVD-/171089302351?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d5b7934f

A fellow member reported this to me today and I'm not happy one damn bit. People wanna call me a hypocric that's fine, but I at least never sold my projects to anyone. It was only out to be enjoyed and available for anyone to watch. If I'm not selling it neither should others.

This really makes mad that there are those who call themselves fans but go out to make a buck on others hard work.

Sorry to hear that man. I've always respected the fact that you stuck to your guns on this. Sorry some clown shoe had to go and do this. Who is the seller so I can boycott?

Maybe, we can brainstorm some ideas on how to prevent future DHE Macross dubs from being pirated.

Altering the audio dub to prevent an easy match to retail videos:

1. audio watermarks at the beginning or end or somewhere in the middle of the dubbed audio:

a. DHE audio warning about piracy and the dub being made to be freely shared.

b. DHE audio jingle/melody

2. lower the audio quality for mass sharing

3. high quality audio with an serialized audio watermark, so you can keep track

of who has directly downloaded and then shared the audio with others.

Altering the video streaming service accessibility:

1. make the Youtube videos only available for private sharing with a password

2. have a DHE fan club subscription service to privately stream the DHE

audio + video from Vimeo or some other streaming video server

3. My library uses Overdrive media software to limit the time the audio

books or ebooks can be seen or heard on my computer before the books

stop working.

But I was able to just copy the files over to another folder to remove the

time limit.

4. Years ago, I remember I watched a free Bruce Lee streaming video: "The Big Boss".

I had to register to the website. Then I downloaded a small file from the website that

allowed the proprietary video player software to access the full movie on their streaming video

server. In order to watch the whole movie, I had to stay connected to the internet or else

I had to start the movie from the beginning. That website didn't last long.

I found Movie Guard software $20 that looks like it encrypts streaming video from a

private web server.

I couldn't find any reviews for the software, so you would be better off

to test the software on a separate computer with a back up copy of any video.

5. Another idea for DHE audio distribution would be to do the same thing as the guys on RiffTrax.com

You can stream just the DHE audio through Shoutcast / Winamp / listen2myradio.com at your discretion

in whatever level of quality you like.

The listener is responsible to get the video playing in a separate media player.

You would need to add on an audio introduction to the DHE dub to more easily synchronize

the video to the audio.

Any other ideas?

Edited by boinger

I'm probably going to add a water mark intro audio and then a jingle of some kind like the tokyo news alert at random moments. But the 1.0 audio from 5 years ago has to be gone so that the audio 2.0 I made last year needs to be the main stream.

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys, new to the thread, is there anywhere i can watch Hikuro's dub? Is it the same as Dark Heros? The word on the street is it's the best dub for this movie. I want to show my daughter the movie, but the original clash of the bionoid dub is horrible and she's not old enough to read the subs and watch the movie.

Thanks.

My dub and dark heroes dub are one in the same. What you found on the web was Doug Bendo being an A-Hole.

Sadly, I've been C&D'ed by a Japanese Copyright law firm and I had to shut my channel down. I don't offer it for sale or anything of that magnitude because of things like this.

Sorry you missed out.

Also I would greatly appreciate it if no one sold it, something like that can actually come back to me, the cast and crew and get into a lot of trouble.

Edited by Hikuro

I just read all this and realized I ended up buying a DVD rip a few months back with the old Fandub audio.

The DVD was put together poorly, and the English Fandub is off quite a bit.

I'd toss it in the trash, but the original Japanese dub is still a good watch.

It sucks there's so many rip off artists.

I had heard some bad things about the guy who ended up ripping my audio, it's not just doug bendo. A fellow MWer caught it to my attention and I had the guy remove the bootleg and reported him to Ebay for selling bootlegs.

After I did my 2.0 the 1.0 audio just sounded like poop to me so I was glad I redid it when i did. I'm sorry there'll be many who wont ever get to experience it, but with how things went down and then the guy on ebay selling my work, it just had to go down for good.

It's kinda of neat though seeing it go down as a legend, at least I was known for something. I love Macross, but I hate cheats. So this kind of goes down to one of those "This is why we can't have nice things" moment.

I'd be honored if Bandai wanted to use it, i wouldn't even ask for much it either, maybe a job if anything. 100K views, only a dozen or so dislikes of hundreds saying otherwise. So, I knew I did good by the fans. Just a damn shame some fans had to ruin it cause the internet lets them.

My dub and dark heroes dub are one in the same. What you found on the web was Doug Bendo being an A-Hole.

Sadly, I've been C&D'ed by a Japanese Copyright law firm and I had to shut my channel down. I don't offer it for sale or anything of that magnitude because of things like this.

Sorry you missed out.

Also I would greatly appreciate it if no one sold it, something like that can actually come back to me, the cast and crew and get into a lot of trouble.

Thanks for the info, this is a real bummer. Maybe one day it can be re-released.