Macross DYRL: Proper English Fandub

Hikuro

Hey Hikuro.

I downloaded the WMV version and liked it. Good job! But, as the audio is already compressed, I was wondering if you could upload the audio & subs only to any downloading site. This would save me from having to recompress it to ac3. I already have the HD remastered DVD. All I would do is rip the video and add in your audio & subs.

Didn't he already say he wasn't gonna do that?

Not to be a troll or anything, but... :ph34r:

Didn't he already say he wasn't gonna do that?

Not to be a troll or anything, but... :ph34r:

If he did say it. sorry for asking about it. I didn't feel like reading 21 pages to see if it had been mentioned. I can still live recompressing the WMV audio, so it's ok. B))

Yeah right now, all that's going to remain available for HQ is the WMV version. It was requested by Cypher that I kept the DVD version very low key as he's afraid that his bandwidth will get sucked up and he'll have to pay a hefty fine.

However if you lived in Australia (which I dunno if you do or not) it'll be shown in May for a Macross convention on a theater screen.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

And this month marks the 1 year anniversary of the DYRL dub project. Thanks again to the cast and crew who helped! tens of thousands of watched or downloaded and commented on the release, so 95% of it has been positive. The 5% negative I give you your prize, the finger. .l..^_^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Hmmm... the anime expert named Cristina Valenzuela at my comic book store and she goes by Cristina V. I wonder if this is the same girl. That YouTube account is suspended BTW.

It's possible she did a episode for Metropolis Comics, her new account is Here. Her old one was banned 2 years ago even though it really just had her doing song covers. Lame huh?

She's now a co host with Johnny Bosch for Anime TV and co hosts with another friend of mine for Anime Olympics. Also she was recently casted as Haruhi Suzumiya for the ASOS Brigade by Bandai.

What else.......she just had 2 games released, one was BlazBlue the other was Sakura Wars.

So, uh... I guess as it stands, this project's down in favor of Aria, right?

Don't follow..........."down"? The project is done. It's been done for well over a year and a half now. There's nothing more for me to do on it unless you're talking Flashback? I'd like too, but It's very time consuming.

Don't follow..........."down"? The project is done. It's been done for well over a year and a half now. There's nothing more for me to do on it unless you're talking Flashback? I'd like too, but It's very time consuming.

Whoop. My mistake. I was thinking of Frontier when I logged in and forgot to read the title... :wacko: Sorry, a bit screwed-over in the head after a few months' hiatus. :ph34r:

Oh, Frontier is screwed for a number of reasons, 1 being that I can't put it up on youtube where there would be a fan following cause of Bandai Channel, 2) doing a TV series is sometimes a bit nutty, then again I'm doing HM's but I'm also like the 4th or 5th producer, it's just to time consuming, 3) VA's don't always have the best track record...meaning I only got up to Episode 2 and a large amount of the cast was someone not from the first episode.

Besides, Aria will be awesome, and I've also been thinking on tackling something interesting if I can figure out how I wanna do it.

Oh, Frontier is screwed for a number of reasons, 1 being that I can't put it up on youtube where there would be a fan following cause of Bandai Channel, 2) doing a TV series is sometimes a bit nutty, then again I'm doing HM's but I'm also like the 4th or 5th producer, it's just to time consuming, 3) VA's don't always have the best track record...meaning I only got up to Episode 2 and a large amount of the cast was someone not from the first episode.

Besides, Aria will be awesome, and I've also been thinking on tackling something interesting if I can figure out how I wanna do it.

Hell yeah, man. More power to ya.

I'm not diggin' the Appleseed-y look too much, but it's the artist's decision. Never liked anime-styled 3D :lol: Long as the story and everything's good, (and knowing the team behind it...) it's gonna be hell worth the watch.

i've seen the fandub on YT. or at least parts of it.

Minmay's voice sounds nice. Hikaru's VA isnt in sync with lip movements at times but its not really a biggie. I think you guys did right on Misa on this one, definitely a voice i would rather listen to compared to the hong kong dub ("you chauvinist!", lol). hikaru saying "thank you" during the launch sequence kinda sounds too grateful isnt it? theyre military. maybe something like "copy that" or "acknowledged" would suffice. other than that it's a nice piece of work. i haven't watched the rest, but maybe i might get a clearer picture once i finish it. i haven't watched the movie for a year. i must've bled my eyes watching it during high school. brings back memories :D

great work, guys.

Edited by cannon_fodder674

Ok, I've looked through this entire thread and I don;t see a link to download this in WMV, if it still exists. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

I've played some of the youtube videos from the 1st post and they look awesome. I would like something I can play as a straight movie so I can enjoy the entire thing.

Thank you.

not available anymore. Someonen stole the audio from another project I was in and started marketing it out on DVD. So insight of that I discontinued the link service to download the entire movie.

However....Boinger on his iMacross4 account I think has it all remixed in a huge 4 gig MKV encode.

Most of the dhe dyrl mkv is unavailable at this time due to rapidshare removing files over 3 months old.

I'm almost finished doing an extended edition dhe dyrl mkv. I'll get that uploaded to iMacross4 next week and post

when it's ready.

It's possible she did a episode for Metropolis Comics, her new account is Here. Her old one was banned 2 years ago even though it really just had her doing song covers. Lame huh?

She's now a co host with Johnny Bosch for Anime TV and co hosts with another friend of mine for Anime Olympics. Also she was recently casted as Haruhi Suzumiya for the ASOS Brigade by Bandai.

What else.......she just had 2 games released, one was BlazBlue the other was Sakura Wars.

oh yeah... that's Glen and damn... what's his name... Shawn?

So if you guys wanna meet Minmay go to Metropolis... lol.

oh yeah... that's Glen and damn... what's his name... Shawn?

So if you guys wanna meet Minmay go to Metropolis... lol.

I don't think she's there a lot but you never know, she is a comic reader, very much so. I remember she was telling me to get like StarWars Legacy or something at one point.

If you guys like, here's an oldie she did http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDBqC6c6urs Lost my Music from Haruhi Suzumiya...I think it was one of the first times I ever heard her sing, and I believe it also help really bring her out into the open.

Wellllll, before Macross at least :p

• 1 month later...

Sorry you guys, my account at youtube has been suspedned. Upon researching I found out that a subscriber named Rodney Carter has without my permission posted the film without credit to my production group, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUBDp2kHDtg please let this man know he can not be doing things like this.

I've had many emails on there for ppl asking if they could have a copy of the film, obviously this guy managed to copy the film and post it out on his account, but it's things like this that make me stop producing future films for you, the fans who follow my rules.

So please email him, send him comments, let him know it isn't appropriate. Sure, what I did wasn't right in itself by copyright, but what I did was for the fans, but not for fans to distribute for themselves without proper credit.

• 7 months later...

Yes, I am glad as well, so ppl better resubscribe so I can get those 200 back! lol

I'm also looking for people who can help with song writing so I can get Flashback 2012 done...I've got great audio in Kareoke with sound effects already done thanks to boinger. And I'll be assembling old voice cast if I need too for scenes or fragments that weren't in the movie. I know I'll have to do some lines that are TV based as Hikaru, but not many.

• 3 weeks later...

I think he's that dude that reposted your whole DYRL movie on his own youtube channel...

That's who I thought it mighty of been. I don't think he ever really apologized, I think he just gave a quick sorry and took it off after ppl spammed him. I dunno why people do that when I clearly put on my end credits and summeries "DO NOT SALE, RENT OR REPOST AS YOUR OWN!" etc etc. And I try to check as often as possible under likely tags to be sure that only my name is on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh no, I hadn't even bothered with it at this moment. Seeing how it's the only episode that was ever finished.......I still wanna do the other episodes but I need a real computer not a laptop, with some real video editing software. I'm in talks with a coworker who does lil dealership commericals and advertisement designs for work to give me a copy of sony vegas.

I got trial versions of Vegas Pro 10 and Adobe Primiere CS5, but no CD keys to activate them.

I keep playing with this idea, but I really want to redo the audio for DYRL.....the more I watch this the more it's not to my liking. And I mean everything cept 80% of the voice over track and 100% of the music. I just wanna redo the sfx's REALLY badly.