Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

DSCF3888_s.jpg

That's it.....

for tonight......... ^_^

I can't (actually I can) believe that people are bitching about being able to see the feet. 1. Who is going to be posing there figure for daily view so all yuo can see is the rear of the plane. And 2. They ARE NOT that noticible. This blue boy looks FANTASTIC!

:ph34r:

hello everyone. i'm a newbie. this is my first post actually.

the yf-21 is a fanatastic toy. as graham stated the cockpit fuselage does indeed lock in place. mine doesn't seem to lock as securely as graham's but i believe that is due to the paint ap on the swing bars.

i have to say the stand sucks. yeah i know it's clear but positioning it is a pain in the ass. it does not ratchet. it has to be physically repositioned.

BUT one added bonus that i thought was fantastic. guld's seat actually ROTATES so he is looking forward in battroid mode.

anyway. that's my two cents

GRAHAM. can you please tell me where to apply sticker #33?

Edited by firmpulse

The nose/cockpit section is held in place quite securely in battroid mode, by the two metal bars on the inner side of the intakes (point 19 on the instructions). These bars lock into the horizontal split (gap) below the cockpit that you get in battroid mode. With the nose locked in place correctly, it does not flop around at all when you pick the toy up at any angle.

Graham

Graham. C'mon man. The 'bars' you speak of are barely bumps. They're like a micron high. The nose is not exactly 'locked'. If I shift my toy abruptly to be face-down, the nose will pop out. Maybe you got a more secure connection by luck, but let's admit that this is not the most secure connection on earth.

AGAIN, this is a FANTASTIC toy and I'm NOT bitching. :lol:

Just got mine, and transformed it back and forth.

a couple of things to be careful! (and not described in manual..)

1. sliding engine pack foward is fine, but sliding it back to original position is pain in the %^7# :angry: !! There is small pin holding it in position, but it just won't let go when you pull it back. lift it a little and slide back. (need some force. i thought i was breaking mine.. :wacko: )

2. attaching the fastpack is also painful process. Specially with stand attachment. It just doesn't make sense logically :huh: . So, you need some wiggling back and forth to make it fit.

3. Also, it's very hard to put legs back in for Fighter mode. Legs have to in exact rotation angle to fit the bottom cover in good lock position. This needs some practice

Overall, it's very solid piece of work.

I did find one error with the toy. They misspelled New Edwards-- New Edwars on the sticker sheet. But this isn't the first time they've pulled this gaff.

Graham, could you suggest to Yamato for future releases that they print 'no step' and 'Danger' stickers in white for the darker colored valks??? I know this is a stupid request but the red stickers don't show up so well on the yf-21 dark blue body.

Graham. C'mon man. The 'bars' you speak of are barely bumps. They're like a micron high. The nose is not exactly 'locked'. If I shift my toy abruptly to be face-down, the nose will pop out. Maybe you got a more secure connection by luck, but let's admit that this is not the most secure connection on earth.

I can hold my toy in battroid mode in hoizontal 'superman' typ flying position, shake it up and down and the nose stays locked in place. Will try to show video on the review.

Graham

I did find one error with the toy. They misspelled New Edwards-- New Edwars on the sticker sheet. But this isn't the first time they've pulled this gaff.

Graham, could you suggest to Yamato for future releases that they print 'no step' and 'Danger' stickers in white for the darker colored valks??? I know this is a stupid request but the red stickers don't show up so well on the yf-21 dark blue body.

me want custom stickers...

GERWALK (WARNING, backpack is mistransformed :wub: )

DSCF3903_S.jpg

DSCF3904_S.jpg

DSCF3905_S.jpg

DSCF3906_S.jpg

DSCF3898_S.jpg

this pic should answer the question about the elbow (to do this you have to slide the lower arm armor out a bit.)

DSCF3899_S.jpg

DSCF3900_S.jpg

DSCF3901_S.jpg

Edited by Swoosh

this pic should answer the question about the elbow

http://wilsonho.no-ip.info:8000/~henryfung.../DSCF3899_S.jpg

Great pics swoosh...although i getting slow load times from your pictures.

And thanks for pointing out the elbow angle. I'm now fsking sold!

I do hope that Graham is right about the torso and it actually locks solidly.

Amazing pics Swoosh, as always.

Not to nitpick, but isn't the "backpack" supposed to collapse forward in Gerwalk mode? (like it does in Battroid.)

I always thought that was part of the Gerwalk transformation.

Also, can this thing stand in Gerwalk? I'm probably the only one who cares since I'm one of the only Gerwalk lovers on these boards, but I'm really curious. Every pic you've got has it on a flexi stand.

Edited by Vic Mancini

Great pics swoosh...although i getting slow load times from your pictures.

And thanks for pointing out the elbow angle. I'm now fsking sold!

I do hope that Graham is right about the torso and it actually locks solidly.

but to do this you have to slide the lower arm armor out a bit.

I LOVE YOU, Swoosh!! :lol:

Don't worry, Dante74. I saw that you answered my question earlier. ;) (If that doesn't bring you any comfort, you can always "bury" your sorrows in Nanase.)

With that potential elbow bend, it looks like I'll be trying TWO poses once I finally get this bird. ^_^