Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

.. clear YF-21... who wants one?

The only thing i like about clear releases is that it can be used as a speed/frame action pose. You have the clear pose doing the "at the moment" before the pinnacle move and the normal version 21 doing the finishing pose. Would be cool non-the-less.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Sounds cool. But given the prices I probably wouldn't buy it.

If the YF-21 had perfect grade "internal skeleton" details or 1/48 style FAST PACK internal detail where clear covers makes a difference, then yeah of course. Because you can appreciate what's inside it with clear plastic. But isn't it hollow? The only thing you'd notice is the pilot in his rotated seat. They should focus on other things like giving us a glowing pin point barrier magnet which sticks to the arm shields. All it would be is a green circle that sticks to the shield for battroid mode. There should also be a "green fist" to recreate the pin point barrier punch in the robot brawl in the anime.

Those hands may be my favorite feature. :p

The rotating seat is nice, but I always found it odd in the anime that it did that. I mean why have a little window in bat mode that is like a target for a bad guy. All the other bats have the heat shield thingy or the body goes around the cockpit in some way. Not a fault of the toy of course just a thought on the original design. Of course this is a test plane maybe in the final version it would not have been there?

Now that I think on it does the VF-11 have a heat shield?

Anyway very cool, and Yamato will be getting more of my money it seems :p

yeah, it looks like there's an indent on the thumb to allow the index finger to fold in all the way to make a neat fist.

Hmmm...does the cockpit of the YF-21 open that way or was it like the old 1/72?

And i see lots of screws on the underside...hmmmz.

Remember, that's still the hand painted pre-production sample, I'm sure they will use the round screw hole covers that they use on all Yamato Valks. ;)

-Kyp

I'm so glad this YF-21 now has "real" landing gears. I was abit bummed with my 1/72 as the landing gears where small peg-like gears that only stuck out a few milimeters off the ground.

This thing is looking great, I cant wait to actually have it in person. I'm hoping that it is sans delimiter though. If you haven't seen the movie version of Mac+, delimiter has...maybe 30 seconds of screen time. He "cuts the limiter" flies around briefly and then poof, ghost and YF-21 are no more. I'll take a sturdy product over gimmicks/features most of the time, especially that particular feature.

I'm so glad this YF-21 now has "real" landing gears. I was abit bummed with my 1/72 as the landing gears where small peg-like gears that only stuck out a few milimeters off the ground.

I hated that they weren't perfect transforming too. You had to remove them (except for the one in front).

But for their time they were pretty decent if a little chunky in battroid mode.

I will hold off on this toy until reviews and after the wallet heals from buying a SV-51. Take your time yamato! :D No mistakes!

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Thanks for the scans Graham.

The YF-21 looks really great. I love the "real" landing gears. I can't wait for April to arrive so that I can get this baby shipped to me.

EDIT: SPELLING.

Edited by Lonewolf

I want to know if the legs are really poseable. And i want a production finish side view.

The legs are skinny in the shots given, but from some newer angles it shouldn't be as bad as first seen.

Getting more excited, now i've switched my fanboy interests to the 21 rather than the new 1/60 VF-1s. :p As it should be!

Guardian mode is really growing on me, fighter mode is just superior over pretty much all the valks out there for sleekness.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I gotta say, whomever at Yamato was responsible for designing this Valk must have loved the 21, this looks to me like the best looking overall Valk Yamato has done yet.

-Kyp

I love the 21 :ph34r: