Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

Weather or not they can detach isn't an issue for me. What is an issue is if they have to be detached for transformation. If that's the case, no 21 for me.

I believe yamato are commited to doing every VF release as a perfect transformation toy so I'm sure this 1/60 YF-21 is too.

If not, I'll eat Eugimon's Omega PantsĀ® Not what's in his Omega Pants,... just the pants.

Delimiter mode on this would be so lame. Sure the legs would come off...but with a nice clean and undamaged looking Valk, it would just look like it didn't get it's legs put on at the factory yet.

Save the delimited mode for the "YF-21 Final Battle" version that looks beat to s**t ^_^

as i was implying in my post, the legs coming off is not the delimiter mode, for that, the arms need to be removable as well.

Personally, I think they removed the legs so they could take pics of the arms unobstructed.

as i was implying in my post, the legs coming off is not the delimiter mode, for that, the arms need to be removable as well.

Personally, I think they removed the legs so they could take pics of the arms unobstructed.

I agree.

It's the same with the YF-19 legs and..... YF 19 doesnt have a delimiter mode.

Weather or not they can detach isn't an issue for me. What is an issue is if they have to be detached for transformation. If that's the case, no 21 for me.

I can almost hear Graham's head hitting his keyboard while reading this. :lol:

Delimiter mode on this would be so lame. Sure the legs would come off...but with a nice clean and undamaged looking Valk, it would just look like it didn't get it's legs put on at the factory yet.

Save the delimited mode for the "YF-21 Final Battle" version that looks beat to s**t ^_^

the limited edition, online only, japan exclusive version? :p

Slightly thicker from the straight-on view would be OK with me, but not thicker in a way that creates the exaggerated bell-bottom pant look.

Thanks to ruskiiVFaussie for posting this side-by-side in another thread:

YF21soldier.gifVF22soldier.gif

I hate the way the legs are drawn on the VF-22.

umm i thought that pic was but a photo-shop'd monstrocity, and not actual line art, that's why i posted it,

because one member was having spasms over what the legs "should" look like, referring to the fake pic.

The legs should not be any different from the YF-21.

Now, i know there is the problem of anime magic in the YF-21's battroid pants but i'm all for a special set of

legs to pretty up the 21 Battroid 1/60 RELEASED with the YF-21's FOLD BOOSTER. A perfect pack to sell off to us.

They should paint the YF-21's Fold Booster blue though. Just to give us some variety. Don't need to be canon to the Mac 7

Booster, heh, they don't even have the rights to macross 7 anyways. :p Blue fold dildo for the WIN!

Perhaps this could be brought to Yamato as a suggestion Graham?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

OK, I'm probably asking this as a stupid question, but, what the hell is the delimiter mode? Where did it come from, and what is it used for?

In the movie edition of Macross Plus, Guld is losing his fight against the X-9 Ghost and his last resort is to eject the arms and legs of the YF-21, and to disable the computer which limits the 21's extreme power and maneuverability. (Limitations for pilot safety).

Guld unleashes the full power of the YF-21 and ends up crushing his internal organs from the lethal g-forces exerted on his body in a successful kamikaze attack on the Ghost.

It's probably the greatest scene in the history of Macross.

In the movie edition of Macross Plus, Guld is losing his fight against the X-9 Ghost and his last resort is to eject the arms and legs of the YF-21, and to disable the computer which limits the 21's extreme power and maneuverability. (Limitations for pilot safety).

Guld unleashes the full power of the YF-21 and ends up crushing his internal organs from the lethal g-forces exerted on his body in a successful kamikaze attack on the Ghost.

You forgot that his eyeballs also implode. :ph34r:

-Kyp

Yes, the legs and arms can detach on the YF-21.

No, you don't have to detach the legs (or arms) on the YF-21 to transform it. Detaching the arms, can make transforming from battroid back to fighter slightly easier under some circumstances though.

For the record, I think referring to the YF-21 sans legs and arms as "delimiter mode" is incorrect. IMO, delimiter mode, is just Guld switching of the artificial limits in the flight control software that prevent the YF-21 from exceeding certain speed and G limits, which would otherwise be dangerous to the pilot. This is nothing to do with ejecting the arms and legs. Guld ejected the arms and leg stumps because they were too badly damaged and no longer any use and would have probably added excessive drag.

And that fat legged VF-22 lineart only ever appeared in one issue of B-Club magazine IIRC. All other VF-22 line art published in mutiple art books has shown the VF-22 with idenical slim legs to the YF-21 (see pic below for normal legged VF-22 compared with YF-21).

Graham

post-11-1207454852_thumb.jpg

umm i thought that pic was but a photo-shop'd monstrocity, and not actual line art, that's why i posted it,

because one member was having spasms over what the legs "should" look like, referring to the fake pic.

The legs should not be any different from the YF-21.

And that fat legged VF-22 lineart only ever appeared in one issue of B-Club magazine IIRC. All other VF-22 line art published in mutiple art books has shown the VF-22 with idenical slim legs to the YF-21 (see pic below for normal legged VF-22 compared with YF-21).

Graham

Just for clarification, by (re)posting the -21/-22 side-by-side images, I did not mean to suggest the -22 is supposed to have fatter legs than the -21. I posted the images in hopes of conveying what I meant without relying on my typed words alone. Most of the line art I've seen has the -21/-22 with skinny legs, so I don't see what's wrong with Yamato's 1/60 scale YF-21 sculpt.

Edited by Wicked Ace

I never get tired of watching it or reading about it. Long live Guld and the YF-21.

No, you don't have to detach the legs (or arms) on the YF-21 to transform it. Detaching the arms, can make transforming from battroid back to fighter slightly easier under some circumstances though.

For the record, I think referring to the YF-21 sans legs and arms as "delimiter mode" is incorrect. IMO, delimiter mode, is just Guld switching of the artificial limits in the flight control software that prevent the YF-21 from exceeding certain speed and G limits, which would otherwise be dangerous to the pilot. This is nothing to do with ejecting the arms and legs. Guld ejected the arms and leg stumps because they were too badly damaged and no longer any use and would have probably added excessive drag.

Graham

I refer it as the delimiter mode simply for that scene. Of course a pilot can activate such an effect without detachment of limbs.

I also appreciate the beauty of it without the limbs coz it looks bad ass.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I refer it as the delimiter mode simply for that scene. Of course a pilot can activate such an effect without detachment of limbs.

I also appreciate the beauty of it without the limbs coz it looks bad ass.

I for one am not for the delimiter mode. Mind you, it has it's purpose, but then again why not just add fast packs, keep the limbs for future battle(s) and the fast packs ala VF-1?

It seems whimsical to have vital parts removed from a prototype that should display it's full potenitial from one mode to another then back again.

my 2 cents.

It seems whimsical to have vital parts removed from a prototype that should display it's full potenitial from one mode to another then back again.

Well, I think the reason the 21 needs the de-limiter mode is simply because the plane is too powerful when un-governed to be safe for the pilot, as shown in Guld's death...

Edited by promethuem5

I figure that the blow-off the arms and legs feature is something that would be incorporated into the production model, for if those parts received too much damage and wound up being a hindrance for transformation back to fighter mode (or being too much drag).

I always saw it as the delimiter mode as deactivating the safeties in the YF-21 that prevented it from going at speeds dangerous to the health of the pilot, and not in blowing off the arms and legs.

Graham

Do they feel structuraly sound even though they have that feature? I would have for it to be a weak point.

looking forward to this BIG time. ^_^

Do they feel structuraly sound even though they have that feature? I would have for it to be a weak point.

looking forward to this BIG time. ^_^

I think Graham was trying to say that they CAN detach like the way that the legs CAN be removed on the YF-19, but not really a feature per say.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I think Graham was trying to say that they CAN detach like the way that the legs CAN be removed on the YF-19, but not really a feature per say.

-Kyp

I would tend to lean the other way, that it is like a quick release feature, it's a given that all limbs/parts are removable somehow on any articulated toy.

Correct! The X-9 shot off the arms and legs on the VF-21 and then Guld jettisoned the damaged parts.

I had to watch the scene a couple of times but I believe it was Guld's plan to fool the X-9 AI by loosing his arms and legs.

He had engaged the barrier system but was smiling after his airframe was all shot up. A normal Valk up to that point had its engines in the legs. The X-9 AI tactics might have been programed with that information and may not have the programing to see/know/realize that the YF-21 had it engines on the back. No engines, no arms... no threat? It was a prototype verse prototype fight and the X-9 was controlled by Sharon an AI singer not an AI pilot.

Either way I hope the arms stay on when they are meant and remain in position when posed.

Plus, I wonder how long before a custom head is cast to change the YF-21 into the VF-22?

Since Hasegawa made the 22 is it possible for Yamato to get the rights or is M7 still exclusive to Bandai?

I just hope it has the High gloss that was shown at some show a while ago. Can't remember if Graham did or could confirm what the finish was like.

Chris