Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

Actually now that it's been a little while longer, I believe that Graham was silenced by the Yamato ninjas! Or will the Sith Lord triumph! FIND OUT if Graham makes another post! *dun dun dun*

That kinda annoys me that there may be some yamato employees spying on us or silencing people. Eventually the news is going to come out, and the vast majority of us are not going to be able to buy the various hobby magazines that the information appears in (it's all in japanese) so I don't see how it can harm them to release it the info when those same mags don't even appear in shops outside japan anyway right?

I just think it's kind of pointless to silence you know what I mean? What difference would 1-2 days or even an hour getting the news earlier make? Come on yamato enough games. It's a VF-4 isn't it? Isn't it?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

C'mon guys, you know I'm not allowed to talk about stuff or show pics before the official release date.

A few words though. Absolutely gorgeous, especially fighter mode. Reasonably complex transformation.

Graham

C'mon guys, you know I'm not allowed to talk about stuff or show pics before the official release date.

A few words though. Absolutely gorgeous, especially fighter mode. Reasonably complex transformation.

Graham

maybe you can answer one question atleast please or two actually... does it come with black or clear stand? and does it come with the glossy finish or matte? pls pls pls... im dying to know... thanks alot... graham...

That kinda annoys me that there may be some yamato employees spying on us or silencing people. Eventually the news is going to come out, and the vast majority of us are not going to be able to buy the various hobby magazines that the information appears in (it's all in japanese) so I don't see how it can harm them to release it the info when those same mags don't even appear in shops outside japan anyway right?

I just think it's kind of pointless to silence you know what I mean? What difference would 1-2 days or even an hour getting the news earlier make? Come on yamato enough games. It's a VF-4 isn't it? Isn't it?

Yup!

I dont mind the spying and peeking into the forums... because it's not really... they have every right to come in here and see what fans are talking about front and center.

They also have the right to withhold information until they deem appropriate to release but it's the overly paranoid dealing with it's international fans that bug me. I guess it's a japanese thing??... really dont know for the life of me... :huh:

A tiny supplementary news and info or different angled picture just to give that extra bit of incentive to make fansites feel a skoshi bit exclusive... I can't believe they dont see the potential for further hype and fervor it can generate. Not to mention all the uber-cool fan relations props they'd get from us.

Obviously they think the stuff they give out now is perfectly adequate... and despite knowing that the international market is a big one for them, they act as if the japanese fanbase is the only one they have to cater to.

why tell us then? Just to tease us? Just to poke our insatiable fanboy toy lust with your sharpened stick? evil wretched man, you with your shiny toys. :p

hahahaha :D

I remember actually clenching my fist and saying "damn you Graham, damnnnn yoooooooouuuuu!"

but come to think of it... if I were in his shoes.... shiet..... pfff~~~

poke poke poke poke poke poke .......pause for evil laughter..... poke jab poke poke jab poke~~~ :p

C'mon now. Let Graham have his little fun.

He has to deal with all our b*tching, whining, and insane analysis on this board.

........Besides, I figure the more we pester him, the less time he'll have to prep a full-up review by the release date.

Plus, we gotta give Graham time to give the YF-21 his own personal brand of rough handling and "lovin'." ;) (How else are we gonna know if this bird can stand multiple transformations without getting floppy?)

Obviously they think the stuff they give out now is perfectly adequate... and despite knowing that the international market is a big one for them, they act as if the japanese fanbase is the only one they have to cater to.

If they didn't care about the international fans, why would they give Graham, a "representative" of the non-Japanese fanbase, all the inside info and pre-production samples?

Graham

Reasonably complex transformation?

Please, please tell me you'll be doing a transformation video. I probably would have busted my 19 without your helpful vid.

Graham

I know this might not be the thread to say it in, but do you think he might possibly (and hopefully) be referring to a 1:60 VF-11? I mean, we already know the fighter mode looks gorgeous on the YF-21 via pics, right? And the VF-11 did have some pretty "complex" transformations with the 1:72 scale.

Just doing my part to stir the pot :rolleyes:

Edited by AlphaOne

If they didn't care about the international fans, why would they give Graham, a "representative" of the non-Japanese fanbase, all the inside info and pre-production samples?

I didn't say they didn't care about us. :) I was basically saying "you know we're here and we're many, acknowledge and assuage our thirst with but a droplet of water!"

I said their policy of "no exclusive info & pics, or even tidbits until we release it to a japanese mag" gives the impression (phrase I used is "they act as if") that they only cater to their japanese base. :p

Graham's inside info is meaningless if he's not allowed to share it with anyone until the the inside info is "outside info." :)

It's the reason why people here say "stop teasing us!"... and it's not like the "quick movie trailer-esque" teasing either with little snippets of info that we can savor over... it's simply Graham saying "I saw it and it's doooopppe!"

Which, if you plug in the droplet of water analogy I stated above, is like Graham appearing atop a cliff, raising his hand high with an ice cold bottle of water, gulp it down and announce, "Wow, THAT my thirsty friends, was awesome!" :lol:

I still have the old school YF-21, and I thought it was superior to the old chunky monkey YF-19, and now, looking at this new YF-21, I'm like, "...whoa"

Thats a hot bird right there, and seeing that I haven't spent any money on giant robots since the VF-0S, I think I have enough credit with the wife to pick one up :D

They also have the right to withhold information until they deem appropriate to release but it's the overly paranoid dealing with it's international fans that bug me. I guess it's a japanese thing??... really dont know for the life of me...

Its because its not just international fans outside of Japan that visit Macrossworld for news, some of the japanese fans do too. Sure its a given not every member that visits here knows english or even contributes to the forums, but pictures speak a thousand words. Its not so much "OMG how did the gaijin Macrossworld site get pictures first?!". So its not Macrossworld specifically, its the fact that news travels fast on the internet, and the magazines are always in constant competition with it. Maybe Valkyrie Scramble went through the same thing when it was still online.

If they didn't care about the international fans

They don't. Once the HG debacle is over they can.

why would they give Graham, a "representative" of the non-Japanese fanbase, all the inside info and pre-production samples?

Out of friendship. Also he does not get all the samples.

Graham's inside info is meaningless if he's not allowed to share it with anyone until the the inside info is "outside info."

Once someone who is given secret info spreads it, he/she will not get secret info any more. Thats the way it works. He can share what he can, but if he starts divulging the juicy stuff everyone wants to know, everyone will get what they wanted, just that one time. Afterwards he probably wouldn't get any info to give us.

Also I don't see why it's bad for news/ photo to leek out before release. Are they afraid that we will not buy it after seeing more and more pictures because we got bored of it??

Industrial espionage, and products in the photos not being indicative of the final production toy. Also whichever magazine paid to for first rights to publish the photos ends up wasting money, gets pissed, and may never give Yamato they advertising they were going to give in turn for being the first to publish pics.

I said their policy of "no exclusive info & pics, or even tidbits until we release it to a japanese mag" gives the impression (phrase I used is "they act as if") that they only cater to their japanese base.

Contracts. They make deals with the magazines. Besides, why bother with a market you can't even sell to? Its been 8 years since the Toycom fiasco at SDCC, Yamato has yet to make deals with Toyfare, Action Figure Digest, or any other western(non japanese) publication for Macross products. No I am not talking about the ill fated Sun whatever toy ads that never bore fruition. I'm talking about full fledged premiere pictures, the stuff that Hobby Dengeki and the like get. An article in the monthly japanese hobby mags is good advertising for Yamato. Its like Toyfare magazine here, sure the internet is faster than them, but they still manage to have exclusive pics before other sites and magazines. Its the same scenario with Yamato and the japanese hobby mags. Its more like "hey, we paid good money to have first dibs at showing those pictures of your shiny new toys, if you let some internet site post pics first, you can say goodbye to our deal". Not just Macrossworld, any internet site really.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Graham

I'm assuming the last part means that the transformation isn't overly complicated and has been made as simple as possible. What I'm really wanting to know is this :

Is the finish Gloss (Like the pics seem to suggest), Semi-Gloss, or Flat? Can you at least say that much about it?

-Kyp

Shin, Thank you for the detailed explanations.

I understand and am aware of what you said. I followed them ever since they entered the market with the 1/72 mac plus line...

That includes the time when they had licensing issues with them to..... when they thought that ignoring MW and Graham was a great idea, to now...

pretty much their Renaissance.

The details of their marketing strategy, the spotted history with MW and it's members, are all clear...

BUT.... (there's always a BUT :p)

The future trend is internet viral marketing. Maintaining internet community relations. You can argue all you want about what releasing premature info can do to a product from the backlash of fan criticism but on the other end, when done right..... there's NOTHING MORE cost effective and faster.

It's a beast to tame for sure... but if yamato really wants us by the balls.... they should look into learning how to tame it the right way. :)

IIRC, there was a time where Yamato basically cut off contact with Graham for quite a while, possibly because he "leaked" a little too much info. It would be sad to see that happen again. We get what we get. Ask no more.

IIRC, there was a time where Yamato basically cut off contact with Graham for quite a while, possibly because he "leaked" a little too much info. It would be sad to see that happen again. We get what we get. Ask no more.

!!

nice...

simplest of answers shut me up... :lol:

it'd be sad indeed... :unsure:

Which, if you plug in the droplet of water analogy I stated above, is like Graham appearing atop a cliff, raising his hand high with an ice cold bottle of water, gulp it down and announce, "Wow, THAT my thirsty friends, was awesome!" :lol:

Hilarious .....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is.

I don't see Yamato's marketing practices being any different from Hasbro's or any other toy companies. We've gotten CAD drawings, pics, and even a few minute details about the transformation and landing gear.

Hell, for crying out loud, we even got a frakken COMMERCIAL this time around!!!!!!!

Just be patient young padawans. Graham may not be able to leak any major info. and details right now. But I'm sure he'll provide us with a nice review and transformation video (please? :unsure: ) sometime shortly after the official release date.

If Yamato didn't give Graham a version to play and rough-house with a little earlier than the rest of us, can you imagine how much later after the release date we'd have to wait for a thorough review (with pics)?

Besides, a bunch of us schmoes who preordered this bird should already know the risks inherent in preordering anything before any reviews come out. Them's just the breaks.