Big Trouble In Little China.

When the lightning guy gets crushed, his lightning forms a chinese symbol, and all my life I've been wanting to know what it meant. LOL.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/po...-1066960733.jpg

Anyone know?

-BEN-MAN-

LOL!!! Thats frickin hilarious! Im so glad I finally managed to get it translated! Thats POOPINGLY funny!!!

-BEN-MAN-

That's funny, John Carpenter rocks.

No, John Carpenter used to rock, but it's been a long, long time IMO since he made a decent movie.

As far as I'm concerned, the only great movies hes made are: -

The Thing

Escape from New York

Big Trouble in Little China

Any more that anybody thinks are worthy to be called 'Great John Carpenter Movies'?

Graham

That's funny, John Carpenter rocks.

No, John Carpenter used to rock, but it's been a long, long time IMO since he made a decent movie.

As far as I'm concerned, the only great movies hes made are: -

The Thing

Escape from New York

Big Trouble in Little China

Any more that anybody thinks are worthy to be called 'Great John Carpenter Movies'?

Graham

Dark Star

Dude...

Dark Star.

The Thing.

Big Trouble In Little China.

THEY LIVE.

The Fog.

Escape From New York.

And Im sure Im missing some.. Didnt he do Holloween? Or something? And to HELL with what everyone says! Ghosts Of Mars was DAMN entertaining!!!

-BEN-MAN-

I think They Live was the first time I was dissapointed with a John Carpenter movie. Everthing before that was pretty awesome.

Christine and Prince Of Darkness were pretty freaky... :o

i didn't know until recently that the "cripple fight" in south park between Timmy and Jimmy was taken directly from the fight scene in they live.....pretty funny.

I am a massive JC fan! MY fave movies are:

Assault on Precinct 13 (night of the living dead with street gangs)

Dark Star (one of all time top 10. You will LYAO)

The Thing (how will we make it? ...maybe we shouldn't.)

Big Trouble (oh crap jack!)

Escape from New York

I agree with Graham. He's been bad for a long time now. Although I did like In the Mouth of Madness. Escape from LA, Vampires, Village of the Damned and Ghosts of Mars all sucked horribly.

Also, check out the great cover Plaid did of the theme song from Assault on Precint 13. it's called 'Assault on Precint Zero' and you should be able to find it on any file sharing network.

Never heard about the bankrobbery scene!

And They Live is freaking /awesome/!!! It illustrates exactly how the world is today ^_^... Not as it seems ^_^...

The only thing that sucked about it was the ending. "and heres the departure and arrival for worm hole flights to other galaxies, bla bla bla, cheesy poopy stuff!" LOL ^__^ But the rest was awesome ^_^

And The Fog is awesome because its pretty scary, has a good story, and most of the places depicted in it are around Point Reyes, and its super cool, cause I've Been to that lighthouse! I've seen the familys house! All of that stuff! Point Reyes is awesome.

At any rate.

-BEN-MAN-

Roddy Piper mashing aliens is a classic, but my vote for favorite Carpenter movies are:

1) Halloween 1&2... you can't watch just one or just two you have to watch them both back to back, but don't watch any further... especially not three...

2) Assault on Precinct 13... classic, who doesn't want to gun down a little girl asking for sprinkles?

3) In the Mouth of Madness... yes I am the only person on the face of the earth that liked that movie.

3) In the Mouth of Madness... yes I am the only person on the face of the earth that liked that movie.

You're not alone on that one. I still need to get that movie on DVD. Maybe I should keep waiting, since all of Carpenter's movies seem to be getting the Special Edition treatment these days.

Oh yeah, forgot all about 'Dark Star', great movie. OK it gets added to the list. Man, it must be at least 15 years since I last watched that!

Never seen 'Assault on Precinct 13', so can't comment.

As for all the other movies, they may have been midly entertaining, but nothing I'd consider buying for my DVD collection and certainly disappointing on the basis of being 'John Carpenter' movies.

Always thought Haloween was overrated.

Graham

In the Mouth of Madness is my favorite John Carpenter movie of all time! I don't "jump" when watching "scary" movies, but this one made me scream like a little schoolgirl! Lucky I was watching it alone. ;)

It is followed by Big Trouble in Little China and The Fog.

I was never really into Michael Meyers.

Vampires sucked more than blood. Ghosts of Mars sucked major balls. :o

You're not alone on that one. I still need to get that movie on DVD. Maybe I should keep waiting, since all of Carpenter's movies seem to be getting the Special Edition treatment these days.

... bad film to watch on acid on an aircraft carrier... :blink:

did he do "I madman"?

i didn't know until recently that the "cripple fight" in south park between Timmy and Jimmy was taken directly from the fight scene in they live.....pretty funny.

I saw that VH1 goes inside South Park doc. That Cripple Fight was Genius, props to They Live! :lol:

~G25

Edited by gerwalk25