Heath Ledger Dead?

obakesan

I am going to guess that we are all around his age, probably somewhere between 25 and 35 and so it really hits home when someone in our age group who is a successful, talented, intelligent, healthy (looking at least), person passes away suddenly.

Yeah, it could happen to any one of us... with substance abuse problems, if he did in fact OD. Since Ledger was my age, I'm going to assume we watched the same shows, and say that maybe he should have listened to those G.I. Joe PSAs.

Hollywood's gotta find some new hobbies.

yeah, I gotta agree with you... his death, while tragic, is really just the inevitable outcome for a type of lifestyle that so many people with wealth and influence seem to pursue.

Yeah, it could happen to any one of us... with substance abuse problems, if he did in fact OD. Since Ledger was my age, I'm going to assume we watched the same shows, and say that maybe he should have listened to those G.I. Joe PSAs.

He grew up in Australia, do they have GI Joe there? Could GI Joe have saved a life here? We will never know. My ex is going to be so sad, she was in love with him. She used to drag me to anything he was in.

poo. He was pretty good actor and now leaves a daughter fatherless.

if it turns out to be drug abuse i won't feel bad for him anymore. this kind of abuse is so self centered in general, when kids are involved, thats just down right unacceptable.

it better be accedental/perscription.

theres so many reports coming in, whos to tell what the truth is?

as with most drug related deaths of famous people, we'll probably never know the whole truth.

the sad thing is, i'm sure the media is having a good news day over his death. people say RIP, but there will be no peace til the media is done tearing his life, his wife, and his daughters lives apart.

i just posted this on AP.

i guess he isn't playing the joker for the next batman film(not the upcoming one).

its really too bad, i thought the guy was a great actor. :(

I do believe all principal shooting was finished so he was already mostly done with the project so that will be his last role ever, as the Joker. sad and funny in a morbid sense.

Sux, hope it's not suicide, come on he had his whole life ahead of him. If it's drugs (illegal not medication OD) well he shoulda known better.

He was shaping good to be the next Joker since Jack. ><

Totally off topic.....but......no one I mean NO ONE can play "The Joker" like Jacky boy. Sorry Heath I liked you man.

:ph34r:

I do believe all principal shooting was finished so he was already mostly done with the project so that will be his last role ever, as the Joker. sad and funny in a morbid sense.

So they'll do a crow on him? :) Really hope they do it, CG these days can do anything to add in bits where they need it.

So they'll do a crow on him? :) Really hope they do it, CG these days can do anything to add in bits where they need it.

That would be cool. They should. :ph34r:

theres so many reports coming in, whos to tell what the truth is?

as with most drug related deaths of famous people, we'll probably never know the whole truth.

the sad thing is, i'm sure the media is having a good news day over his death. people say RIP, but there will be no peace til the media is done tearing his life, his wife, and his daughters lives apart.

This is indeed very sad and true unfortunately..... just look at Anna Nicole Smith.... for what it's worth I hope the media gives the Heath Ledger's family some privacy.... and I hope they don't continually trash Britney Spears either.... the media just plain sucks...... :(

RIP Heath. Whether his death ultimately be ruled an accidental OD or otherwise is beside the point. The man is still dead, and there will always be a hole in the lives of his loved ones. I get sick and tired of people having less sympathy for drug overdoses and suicides like these peoples lives are somewhat lessened because they may have been facing demons in their personal lives. I'm not trying to attack anyone, so if it comes across that way then my bad. But his duaghter will still have to grow up without her dad.

lol... but Britney IS a trash magnet. Trash attracts trash.

As cruel and bad as it sounds it is true but I hesitate to say, it is not entirely her fault. She is very sad. She need professional help. She was raised by wolves to be a media monkey and it has caught up to her. Sure, I do not feel bad for her that she is fabulously rich but I feel bad that she is so Fu$*#d up mentally, emotionally, spiritually. I feel even worse for her poor kids though.

I never thought I would be writing about Britney spears on Macross World.

She isnt dead too is she? This is hypothetical right?

DEATH BY DRUG ABUSE?

Doesn't sound like it. He had pneumonia, and his intense acting style meant that he was working hard. He just had an interview where he mentioned he was only getting a couple of nights sleep due to the intensity of getting into character for his roles. The pills found in his apartment were over-the-counter sleeping pills. Pneumonia might have had a complicating effect to the sleeping pills. Or maybe he just took one too many?

I'd say it was pretty accidental, and not really a drug abuse situation.

That would be cool. They should. :ph34r:

Principal filming on The Dark Knight finished last year and it is currently in post-production. He was actually filming or going to film The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus . Brandon Lee passed away during filming on The Crow, so there won't be a terrible need to do any CG cut-n-paste on TDK.

If there would ever be a reason for that it would be because they had to reshoot something and i am positive they don't Besides the whole face masking or painting like they did in Star Wars Eps III for Christopher Lee isn't all that great. CGI is not the cure all for everything despite what people think.

But back on track this is a tragedy, i was actually upset because i did like him as an actor and saw that he had an amazing future. Yet another good one leaves us before they had the chance to truly shine.

"I had such great hope for him," Gibson, who co-starred with Ledger in the 2000 film "The Patriot," told People.com. "He was just taking off and to lose his life at such a young age is a tragic loss. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family."

Kidman, whose friend Naomi Watts dated Ledger for years, echoed Gibson's sentiment.

"What a tragedy. My heart goes out to his family," she said.

In a morbid sorta way I hope it was accidental, suicide would have made no sense at all with just about to be one of the hottest stars of the summer season.

Either way it's a really horirble death and was quite a shock to hear even though I have no real attachment to the guy (only seen A Knight's Tale). I hope his performance as the Joker is memorable as he'll at least be assured a place in history for that.

Came across this on AICN this morning (Don't get me started on their worrying over whether or not he finished work on the Joker role). Another young star taken down by what looks like a drug overdose. This shite never ends.

In a morbid sorta way I hope it was accidental, ...

Accidental death due to adverse reaction to medication would be a tragic death... very sad indeed; accidental death due to drug overdose would be pathetic, and suicide by whatever means would be just plain imbecilic. If the first, then I'll feel sorry for him and his kid, but if it's the last two I'll still feel sad for his daughter, but as for him I will just shake my head and say "moron". Call me cold blooded (I am a fan of the Darwin Awards), but while I feel sad for any children and loved ones left behind to mourn his passing, I have no sympathy for someone who so blithely offs him/herself on purpose or by accident. Ex.: Phil Hartman being shot dead by his demented wife is tragic; John Belushi, Chris Farley, Kurt Cobein, et al killing themselves= no simpathy from me.

Edited by mechaninac

Quite so. :(

The BBC posted a whol load of quotes from various Hollywood figures but this one from Dennis Hopper seemed the most.. er, not sure what to call it but it stood out.

That's terrible. Drugs today... when we stopped taking drugs, they started. It is just an epidemic. I am sorry to hear that. He was a great talent. - Dennis Hopper

The rest here; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7204267.stm

Subtitle change from "found killed" (which implies foul play) to "found dead" (which does not).

Thanks. Typed it in a bit of a hurry. Tried to change it later but couldn't change the title.

One theory in local papers in the role itself of being the Joker may have influenced something. taking the sleeping pills to sleep etc. There was a quote in the paper from Jack Nicholson saying like "I tried to warn him" (no exact quote just rough off top my head of it said)

Edited by obakesan