Toys you would like to see Yamato make

Rhapsodyred99

Wow, why didn't Beagle think of that? :rolleyes:

Yamato exec: Hey remember that guy that left our company to make his own toys?

Yamato exec2: Oh yeah... Chuck...

Yamato exec: failed miserably... made Mospeada toys and even had Toynami distribute them worldwide.

Yamato exec2: I think we should put money and take over that failed venture.

Yamato exec: My thoughts exactly, we have Toynami on rolodex right?

Yamato exec2: Yeah... they are distributing our Garlands as the MPC Garland.

Yamato exec: Really?

Yamato exec2: No.

you're right, sorry, I'll stop doing my impression of you.

OH SNAP! on both accounts.

I am really serious about letting me handle one though. Or perhaps there is someone out there that's not too happy with theirs?!?

Back on topic now. I would'nt mind seeing Yamato make...I'll come up with something.

you're right, sorry, I'll stop doing my impression of you.
Now I have to punish you my apprentice!

JCSave, I would suggest you get the Toynami version. I think you can get one for like $150 shipped if you have good negotiation skillz!

Edited by Agent-GHQ

IF SOMEONE SAYS "OH SNAP!" ONE MORE TIME I'M GOING TO DOUSE MYSELF IN GASOLINE AND SET MYSELF ON FIRE! :angry:

"Oh, Snap!" Isn't that a card game we used to play before the Atari/PC age? :lol:^_^

Anyway, I never did like Stig. Rey is ok. But my favourite characters are still Houquet and Yellow. If that Beagle guy is a fan, he would know better than to release 2 so-so characters instead of the really popular characters like Houquet and Yellow.

IMO, Houquet should have followed Stig in the release sequence. Rey is so much like Stig (toy wise), that buying him is like buying a version 1.1 Stig.

Edited by blacklotus

IF SOMEONE SAYS "OH SNAP!" ONE MORE TIME I'M GOING TO DOUSE MYSELF IN GASOLINE AND SET MYSELF ON FIRE! :angry:

"Oh, Snap!" Isn't that a card game we used to play before the Atari/PC age? :lol:^_^

Anyway, I never did like Stig. Rey is ok. But my favourite characters are still Houquet and Yellow. If that Beagle guy is a fan, he would know better than to release 2 so-so characters instead of the really popular characters like Houquet and Yellow.

IMO, Houquet should have followed Stig in the release sequence. Rey is so much like Stig (toy wise), that buying him is like buying a version 1.1 Stig.

well. Did you light yourself on fire and make the rest of us happy?!? ^_^

I would have to say I like Stick because of the forearm mounted rockets/missiles. Ley, he's pretty dope to.

I'll consider what you said Angent-GHQ. I have some decent negotiating skillz.

I think part of the real reason why the Beagles didn't take off is becasue Mospeada wasn't very popular in Japan, and decades later it is still thought of in the same light. Mospeada is/was a much smaller niche than macross. Which would necessitate a smaller production run of any merchandise.

The price of a toy from such an unpopular franchise might have been too much to ask at a time when the economy is in the toilet.

I think part of the real reason why the Beagles didn't take off is becasue Mospeada wasn't very popular in Japan, and decades later it is still thought of in the same light. Mospeada is/was a much smaller niche than macross. Which would necessitate a smaller production run of any merchandise.

The price of a toy from such an unpopular franchise might have been too much to ask at a time when the economy is in the toilet.

yeah and there were already two very respectable toys of the ride armor that had already been released and they were released more or less at the same time. "meh" property plus flooding of the market with similar products... it's no big mystery why the line failed.

Maybe if Shadow Chronicles had been more popular and had really brought the franchise back from the dead like they had hoped. Oh well, who knows, maybe in a year or two they'll try again.

If I had it my way I'd like to see Yamato simply enlarge the new 1/60 to 1/48 scale. Now that would dope!!! Size and real estate be damned...the shear presence of the 1/48 scale can't be touched with a 10 foot pole! :ph34r:

I hear ya brother!!! Or even better 1/32 for the people that'll whine about making their 1/48 collection obsolete. And tampo everything!!! I mean everything!!! Even the numbers!

I hear ya brother!!! Or even better 1/32 for the people that'll whine about making their 1/48 collection obsolete. And tampo everything!!! I mean everything!!! Even the numbers!

That would be something, at 1/32 I wonder if yamato could even work in the actual leg transformation system, rotating and collapsing landing gear, working lights, opening access hatches, etc.

The correct legs can definitely be done in 1/32. I was goofing around with a little model one day and some binder clips and it seemed pretty easy to do. Not only that, you could use the mechanism used to move the legs to then switch back up and form side covers in battroid.

That would be something, at 1/32 I wonder if yamato could even work in the actual leg transformation system, rotating and collapsing landing gear, working lights, opening access hatches, etc.

The correct legs can definitely be done in 1/32. I was goofing around with a little model one day and some binder clips and it seemed pretty easy to do. Not only that, you could use the mechanism used to move the legs to then switch back up and form side covers in battroid.

I can't even fathom what 1/32 scale would be like, but I know it would be larger than 1/48. Just as long as it's a magnified mold of the new 1/60 scale with the same tightness and poseability I'm all for bigger. And what EXO said...tampo everything and completely do away with a sticker sheet! I can only imagine what a big gargantuan Valk would look like next to that new huge SDF-1 coming! :blink:

I know I sound like a broken record...but ENEMY mecha! Regults and Glaugs! Gnerls!

On the other hand though...I've always been curious (at risk of sounding very, very robotechy) to see what Yamato could do with the Mospeada, and even a Southern Cross license.

I can't even fathom what 1/32 scale would be like, but I know it would be larger than 1/48. Just as long as it's a magnified mold of the new 1/60 scale with the same tightness and poseability I'm all for bigger. And what EXO said...tampo everything and completely do away with a sticker sheet! I can only imagine what a big gargantuan Valk would look like next to that new huge SDF-1 coming! :blink:

a 1/32 scale VF1 would be similar to a Tamiya's 1/32 F14 in size (since the VF1 is modelled after a F14 Tomcat). About 50cm (18") in length. SWEET! ^_^

the vf-1 is significantly smaller than an f-14.

Huh? I thought they're about the same size, VF1 being a little shorter as it doesn't have turbine engines. I guess I mixed up with the VF0.

Definitely not as small as a F16 compared to a F15 right? The F16 is absolutely petite when placed side by side with the Eagle. :lol:

Annoyed by the Armored VF-25S, I now kneel and pray that Yamato can release the MF series in 1/60 scale. Someday.

Off-topic but any reasons why Bandai's VF25S is bad? We're talking about the DX Chogokin version right? I just ordered 1 after Graham's positive reviews and nice pictures. ^_^

Off-topic but any reasons why Bandai's VF25S is bad? We're talking about the DX Chogokin version right? I just ordered 1 after Graham's positive reviews and nice pictures. ^_^

OT: I'll split that out when I post my pictures later tonight... In short, the QC. The overall design is fine (I actually like how they put on the armor, that's something the model kit simply skips), but the QC pissed me off.

Don't worry if you like the previous DX toys. The 25S is only better.

Annoyed by the Armored VF-25S, I now kneel and pray that Yamato can release the MF series in 1/60 scale. Someday.

Agreed. While it's good Bandai improved the neck of the VF-25S, and actually managed so that the armor remains on the figure, rather than falling off with the slightest jolt, the rest of the issues is what killed it for me. :\

For it's price, the plastic quality of the Armor looks extremely poor and rather cheap, in nearly all the photos I have seen. The colors are rather simple [no where near as good as it looked in the artworks, show and model kits], and there are no features or detailing on the Armor packs. It's just looks like solid chunks of poorly made, plain plastic - no where near the quality of Yammie's high end valks. Bandai should have instead stuck to what they do best: Model Kits

Now if Bandai were to make all the MF valks into 1/60 model kits, that would be the greatest thing ever, but we know that'll never happen. :\

So here's hoping Yamato picks up the MF license one day! :D

Huh? I thought they're about the same size, VF1 being a little shorter as it doesn't have turbine engines. I guess I mixed up with the VF0.

Definitely not as small as a F16 compared to a F15 right? The F16 is absolutely petite when placed side by side with the Eagle. :lol:

The VF-1 is silly small if you believe the official size. Only 1 Falcometer, or 50 feet, in length; the same length as an F-16. Of course, it was almost always drawn much larger in the original series. In reality a VF-1 or a Zentran would not be able to hold a person in one hand--or at least it would be a much different fit than always depicted in the shows.

I'd like to see Yamato make a Regult and a Spartan. But I doubt they'll make either.

Edited by Californium

The VF-1 is silly small if you believe the official size. Only 1 Falcometer, or 50 feet, in length; the same length as an F-16.

:huh:

a VF-1 is 14.23 meters or 46.6 feet. an F-16 is 14.8 meters or 49.4 feet. So the VF-1 is actually smaller, and I have no idea what the hell a "Falcometer" is. :rolleyes:

a VF-1 and a zentradi COULD hold a person in one hand. a zentradi is supposed to be 5 times the size of a human, so a human to a zentradi would be slightly taller than a 12 inch doll next to an average adult.

sizechart-tia11.gif

a VF-1 is much taller than a zentradi so a person would be smaller in there hands than in a zentradi's hand. the scene in episode 2 where hikaru picks up minmei is about right.

I've seen that image so many times before but now that I think about it, Exedore is more of an average height Zentran than Breetai who's just a tall mofo... He'd be 10' tall as a human. I mean he'd break Millia in half!

I've seen that image so many times before but now that I think about it, Exedore is more of an average height Zentran than Breetai who's just a tall mofo... He'd be 10' tall as a human. I mean he'd break Millia in half!

I think it's been stated many times that Breetai is huge even among Zentraedi. It's like the Rockets Yao Ming compared to typical Chinese. A typical normal Chinese isn't 7' tall either. ^_^

This scale discussion always makes me wonder just how big Yamato might make a 1/60 Regult line.

If they do, and the pilot is removable (as it HAS to be!) then I would think they would go no taller than the hip socket on a 1/60 valk.

But for economy and size I bet he would not go beyond the valk knee cap, which starts to seem wayyy off the mark for 1/60. I mean - how in blazes did max fit into that enemy uniform!

(however big - just make the 1/60 pods Yamato! -- I'll live with the scale inconsistencies)

I mean - how in blazes did max fit into that enemy uniform!

Yea, exactly. That scale image above is BS in my books. In SDFM Zentrans are clearly around equal size to Battroids, Max fits perfectly into an average Zentran's uniform and walks past other Zentran's of equal height in the halls, yet Regults and Q-Raus don't look much larger than VF-1s either, and in many scenes we see micronian's fitting easily in the palms of Zentran hands. The scaling of things has always fluctuated, even in Frontier. No point in trying to make sense of it.

Personally I like to believe that the average Zent warrior is about the same height of a VF-1. I don't like the theory of them being significantly shorter. But that's just me.