World of Warcraft OR Guild Wars etc...

kung flu

Let's get back into the topic... fun w/PvP... I would like to boast that I PvP'd against Heroes playing (City of Heroes/Villains), as a Villain and knocked the wind out of those boasting, tight spandex, cape floppers as a little squishy MasterMind with my 6 piece robot army (kinda helps when I have 3 additional temp monsters that I picked up during missions) and trick arrows (so gratifyingly funny to see heroes fall down w/an oxymoronic [i guess that includes me] weapon) as my secondary.

I've done that a few times with my Dark/Bot Mastermind. You just debuff the heroes and let your pets do all the work. Its almost to easy, you port them into your tar patch, hit them with Darkest Night, let your pets attack and if the hero lives long enough to run, you just port them right back.

City of Heroes/Villians is nice in that it has a decent balance between PvP and PvE. There is plenty of non PvP content for those that aren't into it and plenty of people that will PvP for those that want to.

How do I kill other players in the same faction as me in RF Online, I know we're all ment to be in the same team, but while going about minding my own business I met another player who is the same race and faction as me, Accretia. He/she turned into a big gun and killed me. :angry:

I know it'll be a bad idea to take this person on since he/she is probably at level 50 or something compared to my level 13. I thought we were ment to be killing the other factions? :unsure:

I came late to the convo, but i play WOW. I tried pretty much all the others mentioned, i am a retired Star Wars Galaxies player, man i miss the old school SWG, but anyhow....WOW has a free trial, but i am sure you know that by now, I started in july 07 and felt it was the best mmorpg out there as far as content and player base. I found a good guild (Min age is 25 years old :) and it is a good rpg in my opinion. As with any mmorpg it will consume time but as long as you are having fun, who cares. It now has free in game voice communication which is awesome if you would rather talk then type like myself, but the best experience is the huge player base, i meet tons of people from all over and that is just coolio. I am 34 and enjoy playing with my age group and the other mmo's really didnt offer a large age group over 20 from what i saw, plus there are lots and lots of chics who play WOW, we have 27 chatty ones in the guild im in, which is alright if you want a womens opinion time to time. If you do decide to try the trial and dont know what realm to pick, i play on the Uldaman Realm, name is Discodancer send me a message ill be stoked to help out in any way : )

How do I kill other players in the same faction as me in RF Online, I know we're all ment to be in the same team, but while going about minding my own business I met another player who is the same race and faction as me, Accretia. He/she turned into a big gun and killed me. :angry:

I know it'll be a bad idea to take this person on since he/she is probably at level 50 or something compared to my level 13. I thought we were ment to be killing the other factions? :unsure:

The only way to PK (player kill) an opponent of the same race is to bring huge monsters that are over the players level. I have done that to several player bots, however it's hard to do this trick against player bots when they are on their MAUs (Mobile Armor Units). :(

Yeah, you are ment to kill other factions, you can do so away from the safety of your area, in the mining areas, volcano regions, desert area, and chip wars.

Some of the higher ups may have moved to another planet.

Good luck w/the PvP (best to PvP over level 25), I do recommend increasing your DPS as well, just because you have a high level character, doesn't mean your well protected (or damage/spirit efficient), even a lowbie can kill another player, if the high level player forgets to increase their DPS.

*Check online manual or forums for RF Online's DPS sysstem.

Question, I havent played this game in over 2 years and have forgotten quite a lot about it, so I went to the warnsong gulch to fight several times.

I have 8 warsung gulch mark of honor, where do I turn those in and to whom?? I am a human warrior from Alliance.

I also remeber from doing pvp instances I could get some nifty trinkets, how do I get those?

yes, a warlock is a mage and hunter hybrid.

mage = fights with spells

warlock = fights with spells

hunter = can tame pets and have them fight by their side

warlock = can summon demons (pets) and have them fight by their side

i'm am NOT callin' a warlock weak by callin' him a mage/hunter hybrid (they own my rogue all the time), i'm just callin' it how i see it.

so a warlock is a hybrid of a mage and hunter 'cause blizzard likes hybrids. they already have paladins (a priest and warrior hybrid), druids (a priest, warrior, mage and rogue hybrid) and a shaman (fill in the blank, shamans don't interest me but priest and warlocks do, i've already learned how to play every other class.)

so i'll say it a third time, a warlock is just a mage/hunter and i already have a mage toon and two hunter toons.

I'm sayin they're completely different. I guess if you break it down to the most BASIC definition you could say that. But I don't think any ranged caster = mage. That's like saying a dw warrior/shammie = rogue which isn't really true other than the fact that they have weapons in both hands.

I used to play EQ back when that was basically your choice for mmo's. Pretty much everything since has been without challenge. I plyed for about 4 years , 3 of those in a hardcore raiding guild. I still have my soe all access account so i can pop in now and then and say hi. I also have top level EQ2 and Vanguard characters. Id say out of the most i play vanguard just because of its open endedness and all thethings you can do in it. Yea its still buggy and incomplete and its has its issues, but its the one i find most fun playing. Ive never cared for crafting before in a game and this is the first one ive ever gone as far as i have in it.

I dont play much online games anymore, concentrating more on school and other things. I crossed that line where partaking in something isnt as interesting as creating things for other to partake in, and thats what has happened with me and games to a large degree. Id rather be making em, so im focusing on school.

I played wow once for a few days and i sneezed , turned around and i was suddenly ten levels higher. Seriously i dont think anyone who played the original EQ for a long period of time when it came out can ever find another mmo difficult. I cant see any company taking the risk to make a game as hard as EQ1 was early on. Vangaurd was supposed to be , but they watered that down too. Not that i have any problem with casual playing styles, ive always been more into casual playing, especially now. Its just sad there isnt really a game with the diffculty level that some of the raid bosses had in eq1. That crowd exists out there , and enough to support a game at a healthy level but as long as companies see the easy market and see wow pull in 10 million people, well they will go for the cash cow but since wow already does what it does in a very good way, they will always be second banana.

I wonder if there will ever be a game that lets you raid with more then 24 people. I remember fighting the avatar of war in eq, raids of 70-80 were being wiped out by that thing when the velious expansion came out.

I think part of most modern mmo's when it comes to strategies is that battle takes place in such a locked manner that there is little physical strategy and it all comes down to whose pressing what button as opposed to where people are standing, how something is pulled, whose kiting what, who is offtanking, tagging etc etc . Most of these games dont even allow things like kiting or tagging anymore.

I'm sayin they're completely different. I guess if you break it down to the most BASIC definition you could say that. But I don't think any ranged caster = mage. That's like saying a dw warrior/shammie = rogue which isn't really true other than the fact that they have weapons in both hands.

yea, that's what i mean, just the basic definition.

take a druid for example.

i can go into cat form and play as a rogue... but a rogue can do rogue "things" better so i'd rather play as a rogue.

i can go into bear form and play as a warrior... but a warrior can do warrior "things" better so i'd rather play as a warrior. i'm really not feelin' my warrior by the way, i'd rather play as a rogue, hunter (my first ever wow toon) or a mage (mage is hard but i finally gotten the hang of stayin' alive).

i can stay in human form and play as a spell caster. but a mage has more spells in their arsenal so i'd rather play as a mage.

so i play my druid as a HYBRID. i'll start as a spellcaster (starfire, a couple of wraths, entangling roots, back up, a couple more wraths, then change into cat form and finish them off... i might go into bear form first just to stun them and then i go into into cat form to finish them off. this is pve tho', i still sux at pvp).

don't take it wrong, i like a playin' a druid. i didn't hate it like i thought i would. but a mage just has more long distance spells (i don't spam moonfire over and over like noobs). i seems that blizzard made warlock, paladin and shaman hybrids more powerful than a druid hybrid (i've read the warcraft lore and it seems like druids should be more powerful).

The only way to PK (player kill) an opponent of the same race is to bring huge monsters that are over the players level. I have done that to several player bots, however it's hard to do this trick against player bots when they are on their MAUs (Mobile Armor Units). :(

Yeah, I think I was killed by creatures led by other players also, though I'm not really bothered about that. Its just when that guy turned into a big gun, I thought "hey, thats cool" then he/she shot and killed me, "not so cool" :wacko:

Does anyone play a game called Lineage?

Edited by kung flu

It now has free in game voice communication which is awesome if you would rather talk then type like myself

I prefer to type also, since people have a hard time understanding my Scottish accent.

If you do decide to try the trial and dont know what realm to pick, i play on the Uldaman Realm, name is Discodancer send me a message ill be stoked to help out in any way : )

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to play Lineage 2. Then I quit due to the high cost (in game money, not real money) of materials needed to sustain a character.

Just for funs, here's a screenshot of Lord Recluse Task Force in City of Villains after taking down the Statesman. Here we are triumphantly standing in front of Paragon City Hall, 7 Masterminds where in this mission w/6 henchmens each, roughly a small army 7 players, 42 henchies, plus another 7 temp monster and 1 temp giant robot (that belonged to me).

Edit since one player DC'd during gameplay.

Big image file

post-416-1202063702_thumb.jpg

post-416-1202063731_thumb.png

Edited by Dangaioh

Karazhan is amusing, its become one of thoese runs where you try to see how many bosses you can drop in under a minute.

A group from my guild ran BWL on Christmas Eve, and cleared it in an hour. I found it amusing that a few players can roll in there now and put out as much DPS as an entire 40 man raid used to. I'm happy out being out of the game, but I wish I had been there for that run.

On Tichondrius we've got a Pally who solos MC.

Also, last I read stated trial accounts AREN'T counted in the tally.

Edited by Chewie

Question, I havent played this game in over 2 years and have forgotten quite a lot about it, so I went to the warnsong gulch to fight several times.

I have 8 warsung gulch mark of honor, where do I turn those in and to whom?? I am a human warrior from Alliance.

I also remeber from doing pvp instances I could get some nifty trinkets, how do I get those?

They changed the system with the 2.0 patch. Before 2.0 you turn them in to the battlemaster for honor. Now they are tokens used to purchase PvP gears and mounts.

If you are Alliance, go to Champion's Hall in SW. If you're Horde, go to Hall of Legends in Org.

Not sure if they still sell certain PvP trinkets/gears outside the PvP instance's outdoor entrance (WSG in Ashenvale, AB in Arathi, and AV in Alterac), I pretty much quit PvP after the 2.0 change brought in an influx of gear farmers who are there to AFK out for loser honor points instead of really PvP for the fun of it.

Edited by Jolly Rogers

wow, its been a few weeks since i checked back at mw forums, thats because i've been playing RF online, I don't think i'll be in any big rush to buy WoW or guild wars now. So far the character i created is at level 37 accretian. At first i found the game a bit boring with the constant grinding, but now i find myself wanting to level up just so i can kill other players. So far i'm mostly being killed, though i have killed a few noobs. I also managed to learn the "geekspeak" that players use. One of the main problems i'm having in the game is that i'm always running out of money to buy items and weapons. Anyway thanks to the guys who mentioned this game to me earlier in the topic, otherwise i would never have found out about it.

You're welcome... Glad to know (should I even be happy of what I have done to this poster?) that I am one of the few macrossworlders who happened to be responsible in ensuring that you will not see the light of day any time soon. :huh:

Edited by Dangaioh

I've been searching the web for hints and tips to make money (not real money) in RF online, since all the weapons, armour and items are very expensive after level 35, and every time i manage to get money it is spent on supplies. While searching i came across several sites selling in game currency, i find this very interesting and wondering how would they actually deliver the money to your character or are these sites just scams.

I've been searching the web for hints and tips to make money (not real money) in RF online, since all the weapons, armour and items are very expensive after level 35, and every time i manage to get money it is spent on supplies. While searching i came across several sites selling in game currency, i find this very interesting and wondering how would they actually deliver the money to your character or are these sites just scams.

Avoid those sites, they usually installed spyware or keylogger into your system.

(In regards to the last post)

If they want you to return as a happy customer, they will most likely avoid that route. However, in order for you to gain those items, or power level your character or skills. They require access to your game account. Most of these paysites states that part of the claim during the checkout process, or FAQs. Yes, it's best that you avoid the item/level paysite. I have been constantly been spammed by ingame email, at the Guardian server for City of Villains for a paysite to gain me more ingame money or rare items.

(No, I did not use their service.)

Edited by Dangaioh

^lol. reminds me professional chinese gold farmers in wow. by chinese i mean native chinese livin' in china, alot of ppl are professional gold farmers. i say chinese 'cause i asked how to get quick gold in wow and somebody said "you could always hire a chinese gold farmer".

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

^lol. reminds me professional chinese gold farmers in wow. by chinese i mean native chinese livin' in china, alot of ppl are professional gold farmers. i say chinese 'cause i asked how to get quick gold in wow and somebody said "you could always hire a chinese gold farmer".

But some of the gold seller are not chinese, fact that asian player is banned from RF online means that the gold seller is from somewhere else :rolleyes:

I finally manage to lvl my female mage in Shaiya to lvl 50, and now I'm starting the hard mode as a fighter :lol: .

Here's some pictures of my mage from lvl 1 to lvl 50 B))

01F.jpg02F.jpg03F.jpg

04F.jpg05F.jpg06F.jpg

065F.jpg07F.jpg