deadghost

how long would you u be frozen for  

28 members have voted

1. 1. how many yrs

• 100yrs
    • 150yrs
    • 500yrs
    • screw this world I want 1000yrs

I was watching futurama, and I wondered I would prob be in cryosleep for about 150-200 hundred years, not to out there yet pretty out there for things to change . And it would be great for time to take its toll for the un gov. to take place, for cutting edge mechas to happen, and dont forget about space traveL OH and I bet japanese girls would look like how they would look like in animes - colored haired, look younger then there age, and they also have big @#@ :p . oh an cool talking robots that talk smak and smoke cigars, but that DONT DO NAUGHTY STUFF CAUGH MIRIYIA CAUGH. lol

Also please least why you choose the time length, what you would do when you wake up from your cryo sleep, and what would you take with you.

Edited by deadghost

I wouldn't do it for 1 minute. Ever see Vanilla Sky? I am Legend? How hellish do you think it would be if you went to sleep, woke up and then realized that everything and everyone you knew and loved, and the world you lived in was gone? I wouldn't give a damn about Japanese girls with big tits or advanced machinery. Every person has a finite amount of time on this planet and they should live it when they're supposed to...

Edited by myk

I'd rather live in the here and now with all its warts and flaws.

Despite whatever crap and pain life can throw at me, there's just too much good sh!t going on right now (both in my life and in my interests and hobbies) for me to check out for 100 years. I mean do I really need to list all my reasons for wanting to stay around and NOT go under the big chill?

Of course, after 100 years, someone may finally release a Beta or a Tread that meets my various expectations. :lol:

Before getting married and having a baby... yeah, sign me up. But now? I wouldn't miss this time with my family for anything.

I've also wondered though... what if you had the gift of immortality but not of healing? So you get a stroke or something and you have to live out eternity stuck in your body?

Ideally, I'd like to wake up 100 years from now to see all the advances we've made, with a world that would still be somewhat relateable culturally. But we'd probably be such a bad fit that we'd spend the rest of our lives feeling insecure and horribly out of place the rest of our lives. And we'd also probably have no real marketable skills in this future society, and end up destitute and unable to eak out much of a living. =P

Before getting married and having a baby... yeah, sign me up. But now? I wouldn't miss this time with my family for anything.

I've also wondered though... what if you had the gift of immortality but not of healing? So you get a stroke or something and you have to live out eternity stuck in your body?

LOL what the hell...then just perform euthanasia on me already. Imagine if you had some debilitating disease and you JUST CAN'T DIE. OMG the torture. Like maybe you had cancer and coughing blood everyday and laying on your bed. What kinda immortality is that? Geez...to me immortality has to come with immunity to diseases.

Anyway back on topic, hmm....i guess i'd do it depending on if i can afford the costs of cryogenic suspension. I'm only limited by my funds so if I can ice my body for 1000 years....why not? I'm a true sci-fi buff and I really really wish I'd live the era where space travel is as easy and commercial as flights to another country. ;)

Ideally, I'd like to wake up 100 years from now to see all the advances we've made, with a world that would still be somewhat relateable culturally. But we'd probably be such a bad fit that we'd spend the rest of our lives feeling insecure and horribly out of place the rest of our lives. And we'd also probably have no real marketable skills in this future society, and end up destitute and unable to eak out much of a living. =P

are you kidding? Tour Guide at a cultural history park. You could walk around with one of those over the shoulder loud speakers with a mic... "And over here we see human interface device common in the 21st century... we called it a "mouse". We would push it around on the table and there would be a pointer on the "screen" that was relative to the physical position of the mouse." Que disbelieving laughter from school children.

If one was single with very little baggage for today, I can see it happening. Maybe 100 years.

But when you wake up, you're going to be out of place, way behind on the curve as far as how things go.

Think about it. If someone popped in at 2008 and came from 1808, how far out of place and lost do you think that individual would be? It'll be worse than Duck Dodgers In The 24th-1/2 Century.

are you kidding? Tour Guide at a cultural history park. You could walk around with one of those over the shoulder loud speakers with a mic... "And over here we see human interface device common in the 21st century... we called it a "mouse". We would push it around on the table and there would be a pointer on the "screen" that was relative to the physical position of the mouse." Que disbelieving laughter from school children.

I just don't think big enough. Kind of funny, considering I *just* watched the episode of The Office where they hire the Benjamin Franklin impersonator for a party... I suppose you could do pretty well being a live link to the past. I just don't know how to market myself.

This thread is funny considering how I'm always lamenting that I was born 100 years too early-- we're actually seeing some things that used to be sci-fi become reality, like working exoskeletons and better robotics. I can only imagine what the internet will become, advancements that will be made to imagery and holography, and how much more accessible technology will be with better and more natural interfaces. Sure beats being born 100 years ago though.

"Yes, 'ladies and gentlemen'." Cue smirks to endearingly sexist anacronism.

"We would 'talk' to people around the world whom we often don't know what they look like, by pushing buttons-- on a 'keyboard'. Some of us could even 'type' upwards of seventy words a minute!" Guffaws ensue. "Many of us attempted to mate through these means..."

"Sometimes, we would even meet them!"

Edited by Sundown

I'm pretty content with the way things are now. I have a lot of cool stuff, and there seems to be a lot of cool stuff coming down the pipe. Besides, who knows what crazy stuff could happen in the next 10 years, let alone the next 50, 100, etc.

The only thing I wish I could do now that I can't is visit the moon.

would like to recommend a sci-fi movie The Man from Earth.

Was introduced to this sci-fi movie and wow~~ really like it. This is not for those who like action-packed, special effects... and who says sci-fi has got to have lots of special effects? laugh.gif

This is for those who like thought provoking stories.

Overview

Director: Richard Schenkman

Writer: Jerome Bixby

Release Date: 13 November 2007 (USA)

Runtime: 87 min

After college history Professor John Oldman (David Lee Smith) unexpectedly resigns from his teaching position, his startled colleagues invite themselves to his home, pressing him for an explanation. They're shocked to hear his reason for premature retirement: John tells them he must move on because he does not age (and therefore does not die of natural death); he claims he is a Cro-Magnon man who has walked the earth for 14,000 years, unable to die, and must move on to create a new identity before people begin to notice he does not age. Tempers rise and emotions flow as John's fellow professors attempt to poke holes in his story, but it soon becomes clear that his tale is as impossible to disprove as it is to verify. What starts out as a friendly gathering soon builds to an unexpected and shattering climax.

so the show is only shot at the Prof's home, is all about the dialogue between the cast. laugh.gif yet the story and screenplay is really very interesting...

Also something to share with people who thinks that p2p is all-evil:

Sci-Fi Producer Thanks File-Sharers for Downloading His Film

IMDB link

---------

so yeah, i'd prefer to live forever than to cryo sleep :p but if i can do this repeatedly, maybe i'd sleep for 100yrs for a few times to see how far mankind has progressed.

visit the moon?

i hope to visit another star system.... XD

Edited by Shun

I probably fit the candidate as I don't have any baggage, and the future look of this world intrigues me.

I'm also of the mind that I don't fit into this world, or understand it like everyone else, so maybe I belong in a different time line?

Even though there are things I like in this present time, I really could do without them. Someone mentioned that they like their toys 'n such, that's something I won't miss.

I've put a lot of thought into this, and it only depresses me (in a way death does whenever I think about it) not knowing what life will be like 1,000 years from now and I won't be there, nor will anyone today, but I'd certainly give anything to be 1,000 years from now and see it with my own eyes. Just a fantasy of mines.

i chose 100 years just because a 1000 is too long and too much change would be hard to deal with. it would suck if i woke up and didn't know how to use the 3 sea shells...

Comon......EVERYONE knows how to use 3 sea shells. ^_^

:ph34r:

None of those.

63 years. 2071.

Because I've got some graves to water and some old arses to laugh at. B)) That is IF humanity survives the next 63 years and doesn't turn the planet into a radioactive mutant playground... <_<

But after reading "Tomorrow and Tomorrow" I'm to scared to travel any deeper.... :blink:

I chose 500 because, well... 500 years ago ish we were in sailboats. Soooo... the space equivalent would probably be the Space Shuttle or something like we have today. Seems like a nice big jump into the future, without losing too much.

1000 years would be too crazy I think... think about people 1000 years ago. That's basically what we'd be like if we traveled that far.

Personally, I yearn for time travel as simple as Back to the Future. It would be nice to be able to see some of the major events that took place in history with the added benefit of checking out the future.

would like to recommend a sci-fi movie The Man from Earth.

After college history Professor John Oldman (David Lee Smith) unexpectedly resigns from his teaching position, his startled colleagues invite themselves to his home, pressing him for an explanation. They're shocked to hear his reason for premature retirement: John tells them he must move on because he does not age (and therefore does not die of natural death); he claims he is a Cro-Magnon man who has walked the earth for 14,000 years, unable to die, and must move on to create a new identity before people begin to notice he does not age.

Jeez and they did the same thing on the new Justice League cartoon, and on an episode of ATHF. :huh: Again I have little sympathy for the writers striking, but this guy is releasing his stuff for free so that's cool

I just want to go to where I can actually get a Valk. And make it with hot alien chicks. Because isn't that what man has dreamed of since looking up at the stars!? ... Kiff I'm talking to you!

Jeez and they did the same thing on the new Justice League cartoon, and on an episode of ATHF. :huh: Again I have little sympathy for the writers striking, but this guy is releasing his stuff for free so that's cool

I just want to go to where I can actually get a Valk. And make it with hot alien chicks. Because isn't that what man has dreamed of since looking up at the stars!? ... Kiff I'm talking to you!

I dont man, I kinda dout there would be big human like alien chics with green hair, I on the other hand see them with elf ears.

I chose 100 years. In 500 years, it is possible we will not even have a planet or the human species. The balance of technology and human evolution is way off as of right now. I can't imagine in 500 years what the future has in store for us. A bunch of overtechnology and human zombies walking around. We are not far from that now. Do I really need a computer monitor and t.v. screen built into my eyeballs. Do I need a cell phone so small that I could accidently inhale it. Do I need another repaint of the VF-1. :huh:

Only 1 request. Before they put me to sleep for however many years, I want a gun placed with me. If I awake in 100 years to find that people are even more miserable than they are now, I can just put a bullet into my brain. :lol:

Yeah I wouldn't want to go more than 150 years by then we should have the tech to go to other planets in our solor system at least? Mars will maybe have colony by then. Just look how much tech has progressed in the last 30 years.

Ummmmm.....yeah......I wouldn't live on Mars though. I mean.....it's pretty dead there. As far as I know...you can't even breath the air...I mean I get that from watching "Total Recall" It seems that the Govenator is the only one that could poss. hang there. :ph34r: