Lego YF-21 & Ghost

RedLion

This is pretty interesting, I hope it hasn't already been posted.

Taking into cosideration that Yamato has produced a Ghost fighter for the Zero line I only speculate that ther is one coming for Plus??

While we wait for our Yamato YF-21's I hope these pictures provide some inspriation.

:rolleyes:

post-2399-1199913908_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199913989_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199914002_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199914018_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199914030_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199914042_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199914056_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199914065_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199914083_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199914095_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199914135_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199914147_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199914158_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199914166_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199914176_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199914185_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199914194_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199914203_thumb.jpg

post-2399-1199914210_thumb.jpg

NICE!!!!!

Do you know who made those? The VB-6 was made by Gla Gla and he also made a very nice VF-14.

You can see the thumbnails here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030224134222/...ery.cgi?f=24092

But I can't find most of the larger pic in the archive.

Here is one:

vf17fighter_up2.jpg

Here is a list of the file names in this set if anyone wants to hunt them down.

vf17.jpg

vf17fighter_back.jpg

vf17fighter_front.jpg

vf17fighter_up1.jpg

vf17fighter_up2.jpg (the one above)

vf17fighter_up3.jpg

vf17t01.jpg

vf17t02.jpg

vf17t03.jpg

vf17t04.jpg

vf17t05.jpg

vf17t06.jpg

vf17t07.jpg

vf17t08.jpg

vf17_b.jpg

vf17_b_back.jpg

vf17_gerwalk.jpg

vf17_gerwalk_front.jpg

vf17_gunpod.jpg

vf17_gunpod2.jpg

vf17_gunpod3.jpg

Thanks,

Carl

It'd be good if lego had a macross line like the star wars stuff. That transforming monster in lego actually looks better than the yamato one. :D

I do Want a lego Konig! The color looks better than the green! If Yamato did a matte finish with glossy canopy and otehr parts maby it would look better??

PCS... that is a TLA I'm not familiar with.

Is that your bookcase? Are those your creations?

Carl

Its a military term. It means Permanent Change of Station. Basically he moved from one base to another, or one location to another.

SWEET!! Lego needs to get busy and make some New kits! Macross in particular They could make a killing on Mech other than the boring Exo Stuff!

No, they really couldn't.

LEGO has a primary market of 6-10 year old boys. If they were to make a model as complex and containing as many bricks as some of the above models, the individual model costs would be easily over $100.00 for a small set.

Macross is far too niche a market for LEGO to make any money on, even though we'd all like to see it.

LEGO has a primary market of 6-10 year old boys. If they were to make a model as complex and containing as many bricks as some of the above models, the individual model costs would be easily over $100.00 for a small set.

Macross is far too niche a market for LEGO to make any money on, even though we'd all like to see it.

considering they got the indiana license which no 6-10 year old has any concept of and have probably never seen the movies, it could happen.

lego is starting to realize a majority of their "fans"(different from their target audience) are adults and not children. clearly indiana jones was not picked up in order to target kids. how many kids would even sit through raiders of the lost ark nowadays?, or temple of doom? they'd just say the movie is dated, complain how completely unreal it is, and simply change the channel.

as far as complex models, how about UCS MF? at $500 with 5000+ pieces its certainly not 6-10 year old boys, its strictly for the adults as is most of their SW line.

i forsee macross lego in the near future. all the other companies(large and small) see how yamato has made a killing off the license and they're just now starting to pick it up hoping to do the same. lego has more than enough money to pick up the license, the only problem would be the HG/BW bullshight.

also, SK, mr macross himself, helped designed the exo force line so they could just as easily talk to him about doing some macross sets in the future. :)

so a $200 or so Starwars DeathStar is ok.

Kawamori did design some/one of the Exo Lego kits IIRC.

PCS... that is a TLA I'm not familiar with.

Is that your bookcase? Are those your creations?

Carl

PCS: Permanent Change of Station.

That was the book case in my office. They were really easy to build. I did them digitally in MLCAD and then built them with bricks.

The one that was a pain was the non-transforming Monster. The way I did the legs did not support the weight very well and would fall apart due to gravity.

I looked for pictures of the monster but couldn't find any on my laptop.

considering they got the indiana license which no 6-10 year old has any concept of and have probably never seen the movies, it could happen.

lego is starting to realize a majority of their "fans"(different from their target audience) are adults and not children. clearly indiana jones was not picked up in order to target kids. how many kids would even sit through raiders of the lost ark nowadays?, or temple of doom? they'd just say the movie is dated, complain how completely unreal it is, and simply change the channel.

as far as complex models, how about UCS MF? at $500 with 5000+ pieces its certainly not 6-10 year old boys, its strictly for the adults as is most of their SW line.

i forsee macross lego in the near future. all the other companies(large and small) see how yamato has made a killing off the license and they're just now starting to pick it up hoping to do the same. lego has more than enough money to pick up the license, the only problem would be the HG/BW bullshight.

also, SK, mr macross himself, helped designed the exo force line so they could just as easily talk to him about doing some macross sets in the future. :)

I never knew SK help design the Exo Force line. With SK using LEGO to come up with his prototypes, it's highly possible for a Macross LEGO line. SK himself could do the designs/ construction for the kits and LEGO will produce it like with the Exo Force line. It could already be in the works as we speak. Lol.

Actually, Kawamori-san designed a transforming model he called VAN-Force, but not an actual Exo-Force(EF) set. IIRC, the LEGO Co. approached him to design a unique model. The instructions were online, I believe, and the parts could be acquired by buying a couple of the first wave of EF sets. I think it was only intended as a cool publicity factor for TLC's then new EF line in Japan, but internet lurkers discovered it. Mr. kawamori designed a second model more recently, but I can't remember what it was called. I think it all came about due to his several appearances with his Valk models built of LEGO bricks, and given his reputation in Japan, TLC capitalised on it to give the line an extra boost in Japan.

Incidentally, I've read some interviews with some of TLC's model builders, and there are a few among them who would like to produce a line of transforming toys. I think Exo-Force was a step in the right direction, but not quite there yet. I think they'd have to produce their own line, as Macross is still fairly obscure in most of the world, and Hasbro has an iron grip on the Transformers rights. They already share the Star Wars license, and have put the kibosh on TLC's early efforts to sell just the SW minifigs separately, which is why they've changed tactics and introduced Battle Packs, or army builders, which contain abt 4 figs and a small vehicle just to say that it is still a building toy. Personally, I'd love to see any transforming line from LEGO, except in Bionicle...not really a fan, though the kids love it.

Actually, Kawamori-san designed a transforming model he called VAN-Force, but not an actual Exo-Force(EF) set. IIRC, the LEGO Co. approached him to design a unique model. The instructions were online, I believe, and the parts could be acquired by buying a couple of the first wave of EF sets. I think it was only intended as a cool publicity factor for TLC's then new EF line in Japan, but internet lurkers discovered it. Mr. kawamori designed a second model more recently, but I can't remember what it was called. I think it all came about due to his several appearances with his Valk models built of LEGO bricks, and given his reputation in Japan, TLC capitalised on it to give the line an extra boost in Japan.

Thats the one.

I want to try out MLCAD but the whole installation process seems like a pain in the butt. There's way too many files/ programs to install. Lol. Are all the Exo Force parts uploaded to MLCAD yet?

every part from every lego line is up there and new parts are added all the time.

at first, the program is a big ole pain in the butt, but once you start getting the hang of it, its no different than any other computer program. Fly4victory, did a pretty quick job creating the feet and as they say, practice makes perfect.

Yes, loading the program is a pain. But the downloads to update the brick inventory are very easy once the actual program is installed.

Sorry but I should have been clearer... finding the correct color bricks is difficult in the "real" world.

You can make whatever bricks you want in the digital world. I used Bricklink.com to order individual bricks that were not easy to acquire.

Edit: The only Exo force parts I used were the blue and black hair for Max and Hikaru mini-figs. The best parts for odd joints were the bionicles. I am sure that Exo force has some great bits but I stopped playing with the legos.

Edited by Fly4victory