Mospeada Line Art Thread

akim

Happy to share!

A buddy of mine who can read some Japanese says it looks like a promo included in one of Gakken's manga publications. The 'date' is actually 9:30 AM - the broadcast time for the show when the shitajiki was printed up.

About $9 or so, including shipping to the US with a bundle of other stuff. A friend picked it up for me. The auction price was Y400.

Lucky guy :p

I was referencing some Mospeada pics and came across a foruth cutaway not on the shitajiki:

http://www.robotechresearch.com/picture_ar...l_Diagrams.html

th_cyclone_cycle_cutaway.jpg

--------------------------------

I have a request and this seems like the appropriate thread. Does anyone have any good pictures of Mospeada character sheets? What I'm referring to are the design illustrations that animators work from when drawing the characters, usually they have a front, side, orthographic angles with various proportions and clothing... There are a few in the Robotech Art 1 book but they are kinda small and undetailed. I'm especially interested in Yellow Belmont :). Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Too bad... :(

Now this book is previoused for March 31, 2009...

I begin to believe we are unlucky...

akim.

<_< Again, it's delayed...

Bad news for this book...Shinkigensha website gives no date....December 2009 is written in some others sites...

Well just wait and see....

I have a request and this seems like the appropriate thread. Does anyone have any good pictures of Mospeada character sheets? What I'm referring to are the design illustrations that animators work from when drawing the characters, usually they have a front, side, orthographic angles with various proportions and clothing... There are a few in the Robotech Art 1 book but they are kinda small and undetailed. I'm especially interested in Yellow Belmont :). Thanks.

I remember there being a bunch of lineart on the Mospeada DVD's. The character sheets might also be on those.

I'm gonna be out or busy the next few weeks, but I'll try to check out the DVD's again and snap some shots (assuming the character sheets are there) when I get some more free time.

I remember there being a bunch of lineart on the Mospeada DVD's. The character sheets might also be on those.

I'm gonna be out or busy the next few weeks, but I'll try to check out the DVD's again and snap some shots (assuming the character sheets are there) when I get some more free time.

Cool, thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got some free time to snap off a few pics from the ADV DVD set:

post-3595-1240649696_thumb.jpg post-3595-1240649717_thumb.jpg

post-3595-1240649733_thumb.jpg post-3595-1240649751_thumb.jpg

post-3595-1240649776_thumb.jpg post-3595-1240649798_thumb.jpg

post-3595-1240649814_thumb.jpg post-3595-1240649830_thumb.jpg

post-3595-1240649852_thumb.jpg post-3595-1240649872_thumb.jpg

post-3595-1240649893_thumb.jpg

All of these drawings (along with some lineart pics of the Ride Armors, Treads, Legiosses, Inbit, and side-arms) can be found on Disc 3 of the DVD set. There's also few more character sheets on the DVD's that I didn't snap pics of.

Hope this helps you out!

I finally got some free time to snap off a few pics from the ADV DVD set:

All of these drawings (along with some lineart pics of the Ride Armors, Treads, Legiosses, Inbit, and side-arms) can be found on Disc 3 of the DVD set. There's also few more character sheets on the DVD's that I didn't snap pics of.

Hope this helps you out!

Thanks allot Mog, that's awesome.

JasconC,

Thank you so much for posting this stuff! Seriously, you have no idea how much it is appreciated. I've been looking for this kind of stuff for so long, and have saved everything I can find onto my computer, but know that there is a whole lot more out there.

Again, thank you so much, and please please keep it coming!

Oh, and I've only seen 5 of these before, everything else is new to me.

BTW, is this the lineart that Roger has been hoarding, because he thinks Harmony Gold will pay him for it for a book? The stuff he took photos of, so now somehow thinks he has the copyright on?

Thank you again!

BTW, is this the lineart that Roger has been hoarding, because he thinks Harmony Gold will pay him for it for a book? The stuff he took photos of, so now somehow thinks he has the copyright on?

The color photos plus several others were from him. What I've done it edited out background stuff, grain, and unnecessary color. So, aside from a slight angle that some of them have, and some necessary trimming and cropping, these are what is left.

The color photos plus several others were from him. What I've done it edited out background stuff, grain, and unnecessary color. So, aside from a slight angle that some of them have, and some necessary trimming and cropping, these are what is left.

FINALLY getting to see some of this stuff... been waiting so long... THANK YOU

Nice!

We see the MOSPEADA that became the Devastator in the RPGs and then the Super Cyclone in Shadow Chronicles.

We see the 2 other Inbit forms that were put in as "new" Invid mecha in the Robotech: Invasion video game.

And is that the space MOSPEADA that I've heard about?

Fantastic!

Thank you so much again!

Yep, one of those ride armors is a space version. Here's the last ones, serious this time. The rest that I have, I'm not completely sure where I got the remainder from. It's just a large stack of lineart sheets, and I need to put them on my computer. To do that, I'ts gonna take quite a long time. Like I said, it's a lot of pages. At least I don't have to edit the next ones, as they are just black and white, and aren't photographs.

Yep, one of those ride armors is a space version. Here's the last ones, serious this time. The rest that I have, I'm not completely sure where I got the remainder from. It's just a large stack of lineart sheets, and I need to put them on my computer. To do that, I'ts gonna take quite a long time. Like I said, it's a lot of pages. At least I don't have to edit the next ones, as they are just black and white, and aren't photographs.

Looking forward to it.

A member of the boards here just sent me an email with some relevant information that is actually worth being aware of.

I won't say the members name, but I'd encourage them, if they feel comfortable with it, to post what they sent me.

I know once something is on the net its out of the box, but I certainly don't want encourage this and wont.

I'm asking you please do not post those images on my site, now or ever.

A lot of effort was put into getting those, and I will not be a part of this projects unraveling.

Its a real shame it came to this. I was really looking forward to seeing these pictures get the credit they deserve and not just end up on a couple cheap pages in photobucket to be forgotten.

Shawn

I will not be a part of this projects unraveling.

What project is that? A real project that's in the works, or some nerd's naive dream that will never happen? Serious question here. Just curious. Is there a book on the way?

What project is that? A real project that's in the works, or some nerd's naive dream that will never happen? Serious question here. Just curious. Is there a book on the way?

Why the unbridled hostility, man? Serious question here. Just curious. Is there something to be gained by being a jerk?

From what I've read, the book project was cursed before it got off the ground--publishing's always been tough and has been getting tougher in the past few years...only way something this specialized would have made it was through a boutique/vanity press or self-publication. And even then, there'd probably have to be more than just pretty pictures to make a complete book, like interviews w/ designers, translations of text, thorough contextual/background information, a lot of substantive value-added stuff by the author. Maybe all that was there; maybe it wasn't. Who knows? We won't.

Regardless, there's no need to go dumping on a guy for wanting to preserve a personal project. These were pictures given to him to do with as he liked. And apparently, he wanted to put together a book, but some unscrupulous people scanned and distributed the pics without his permission for...what, toy board glory? Don't see why that's so hard to understand.

Edited by gingaio

From what I've read, the book project was cursed before it got off the ground--publishing's always been tough and has been getting tougher in the past few years...only way something this specialized would have made it was through a boutique/vanity press or self-publication. And even then, there'd probably have to be more than just pretty pictures to make a complete book, like interviews w/ designers, translations of text, thorough contextual/background information, a lot of substantive value-added stuff by the author. Maybe all that was there; maybe it wasn't. Who knows? We won't.

In all fairness, The Art of the Shadow Chronicles book, which I bought (for the pretty pictures, not the text, which was pretty much all fluff in my opinion, but I do like to own hardcopy books, even if I already have jpegs on my computer) had a lot less than what you suggest. As far as I know, it still sold reasonably well. I really think this book would sell very well too.

Thanks for posting that explanation. From what little I knew of the situation, it sounded like the book was cancelled due to fan entitlement run amuck. I'm glad that Roger was able to dismiss that fracas for what it was, but it's still disappointing to learn of the book's ultimate fate.

Isn't Roger banned or suspended?

I think so. He was being very... antagonistic, let's say... to other members in a thread or two a couple months back.

As for the content of this link, it is very interesting to see the other side of the story, or maybe just a much fuller view of that side. As Roger himself had explained it a couple months back, about half of this information was not presented. At the time, he only said that he got his hands on the material, the original owner gave it to him asking him not to post it, and that he hoped he could talk Harmony Gold into publishing it. None of the other details, such as empty promises, were mentioned.

At the time, Roger was also being very rude and atangonistic to people on this board and others, so it was difficult to feel exceptionally sympathetic to the little bit of the story that he was presenting at the time.

Assuming that all of this is true, I will not continue asking for the pictures, but, as a fan, I do hope that they someday soon do become available to us, even if it is as a self-published book, or even a website which accepts donations to offset Roger's financial burden and frustration.