Mospeada Line Art Thread

akim

Does any one know of a place I can order the Mospeada Complete Art Works book at a reasonable price.

HLJ is backordered and the few on ebay the price seems a little steep.

Thanks,

Ray

I got mine on ebay. Just had to be patient and wait for one to come up for what seemed like a reasonable price to me.

In this "Mospeada art works book", there are no PT boat (A and B)...

"Mars Base" insignia is missing in Horizont ship lineart (page 64) ( compare with Entertainment Bible page30) or some others pics ...

Edited by akim

In this "Mospeada art works book", there are no PT boat (A and B)...

"Mars Base" insignia is missing in Horizont ship lineart (page 64) ( compare with Entertainment Bible page30) or some others pics ...

There's much I have also noticed that is missing. The TREAD transformation sequence is a big one that coems to mind.

There's much I have also noticed that is missing. The TREAD transformation sequence is a big one that coems to mind.

Yep!!

Missing items in this artbook has been noticed...(said before)

"Electric car" (seen before in this thread),

Transformation details Tlead,

Insignia localizations on legioss/tlead/armor rider/ (see Carl's pics in this same topic),

some Inbit linearts...(we can see few of them in Totoro242's scans like Inbit evolution )....( in Mosp.dvd booklets scans);

Legioss and Tlead schematic cuts ( seen in HJ june 2007),

Tlead's manual lineart,

Mecha design of "AFC-01" Drone seen in episode 11,

Mospeada title logo,

Some secondary motobikes

PT Boats (A and B),

"Mars Base" insignia is missing in Horizont ship lineart,

Some mecha data errors or missing:

About AFC-01Z mecha data in mospeada artbook, it's written ATF-415...but in reality, it's ATF-412,

"Protector Inbit" (p.75) doesn't have weight,

But honestly, i don't have checked everything...

Please feel free to complete this list!!

Got my book 2 weeks ago....

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Yep!!

"Electric car" (seen before in this thread),

Transformation details Tlead,

Insignia localizations on legioss/tlead/armor rider/ (see Carl's pics in this same topic),

some Inbit linearts...(we can see few of them in Totoro242's scans like Inbit evolution )....( in Mosp.dvd booklets scans);

Legioss and Tlead schematic cuts ( seen in HJ june 2007),

Tlead's manual lineart,

Mecha design of "AFC-01" Drone seen in episode 11,

Mospeada title logo,

Some secondary motobikes

PT Boats (A and B),

"Mars Base" insignia is missing in Horizont ship lineart,

Some mecha data errors or missing:

About AFC-01Z mecha data in mospeada artbook, it's written ATF-415...but in reality, it's ATF-412,

"Protector Inbit" (p.75) doesn't have weight,

YES, I miss that things in the book and i can mention the Colonel wolf's full body lineart and some lineart of Ariel, Carla and some secondary characters like Rheinhardt and sparks :unsure:.

Maybe they are going to be in a possible second book!!! :D :D (I hope!!!

I feel there is stuff missing from the first, so i'm hopeful of a second book. :D

Yes, it's true there are some line arts missing, but not enough to make a second book like the first.

Most of Mospeada line arts are in this first book.

If there is a second book, official line arts wouldn't be alone, they could put more prepro characters designs, more Amano artworks and illustrations, more mecha illustrations from old Imai kits, goodies, posters (as said Totoro242 and Save), more than one page for the OVA, Kakinuma interview?( why not?)and more concept arts seen in anime magazines ...And it wouldn't be enough...

But, honestly, probabilities for a second book are very low...hope i'm wrong...maybe could we wait it for the 30th anniversary?

yes, it's pessimistic...

• 2 weeks later...

They do need to have a second book. At least it'd be nice to have one. I'm really happy with the book. This, along with the other book from the 80s and the Artmic books, really gives you an idea of the grand scheme of this show. Timeless artwork.

From great scans of Totoro242, thanks !

Inbit hive

inbithivefrommospdvdvol.th.jpg

Synchro Cannon

synchrocannonfrommospdv.th.jpg

Inbit evolution

inbitevolvefrommospdvdv.th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, these were the designs I said that I actually like, though others who have posted here seem to pretty universally dislike.

post-7028-1227586219_thumb.jpg

I'm usually not that fond of inverted wings, but that redesign looks really good imo. I'm not surprised though, many people here dislike it.

I'd like to know if someone owns this japanese anime magazine: "Animec" ( May 1984):

post-1010-1268901417_thumb.jpg

Inside, we have some beautiful line arts...

Like this double age:

post-1010-1268901491_thumb.jpg

Right page has been seen sometimes, but it's first time i look this left page, with some unseen and non published Mospeada line art ( if we compare with "Mosp complete artworks book").

It's come from this auction:

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h140189832

Found an another site who we can appreciate some Mosp.cover dvds and an illustration seen before:

Dvd cover mospeada

Thanks for him.

Bests pics and comments are welcome.

akim.

Edited by akim

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got Mospeada Complete Art Works from amazon.co.jp. Except for 24 color pages in the back, this book is full of pictures of linart about 3 inches wide. At the begining (end) there's an interview, then pictures of the album covers and some small screenshots from Love Live Alive. The first 2 parts make up a little over half of it and has characters and locations. There's an episode file, with designs from each episode, and a character file, designs of the characters which begins with that cool picture of Houquet and Mint by Mercy Rabbit. Besides many pictures of the main characters, there's designs for the incidental characters in many of the episodes and locations in the towns they went to. There's even the bird and the dancers from the New York episode. The linart is tiny, but if you have other artbooks you're used to this by now. There's the mines, the fireworks launchers, the jeep, the knives, the sleeping bags, one of the dinosaurs, and the animals in the woods.

The next part is mecha... I just realized this book reads left to right, even though the table of contents is in the "back". So I guess I should say the middle section is mecha. The chapter starts with another picture by Mercy Rabbit of a Legioss with it's back against a building, using it for cover, with Rey and Houquet in their Mospeadas below it. This section takes up most of the rest of the book and has a good amount of detail on the variable fighters and the ships. I can only see one page with some prototype pictures. The rest is the usual Legioss, Mospeada, ships, and Inbit picture complete with details about the transformations and the cockpits. There's a size comparison for the ships, the fighters, and the Inbit. It would be nice if there were more details about the interiors of those ships, but they do show some interior locations. There's pictures of the helmet, the ride armor, and the guns.

At the begining of the book is a color section. There's a page with screenshots of the opening. Then some color pictures of the Mospeada, the Legioss, and the Horizont. There's a couple of pages with color pictures of the characters. There are many pages of Mospeada toys. I don't understand the need for this section. I wish they'd included more art like the ones at the begining of the chapters instead and put it in the color section. It would increase the attractiveness of this book a lot for people not just here for the technical stats. At the end of this section is screenshots of the eyecatch and ending.

Overall, I'm satisfied with this book despite it's technicalness and the IMO useless toy section. A lot of it is new to me either because it is new or because I only have Artmic Design Works and not Animedia Mospeada Color Graffiti. I hope they exhaust the old designs soon so they can make one that focuses on newer art of the characters and mecha. It would be a good book if the awesome cover of Mospeada Complete Art Works and the pictures by Mercy Rabbit are any indication of what modern artists of Mospeada can do.

Both of them are fanarts.

I think most likely these are pages from fanzine(nonofficial publication produced by fans)

Thanks maiden Japan for these informations.

Maybe could you translate what's written in the last pic after "opening of mospeada's animation"?

and this pic?

post-1010-127695502756_thumb.jpg