Mospeada Line Art Thread

akim

Regarding the "New Mospeada Complete Art Works Book 2009" item coming up, the publisher has said that if sales of the first one are good, they would consider doing a second volume.

No listing on Amazon JP for it yet. Keep looking for that ISBN...

As i've said before, it's impressive to know there could have more materials for a second book...so run for this first book!!

HMV has preorder it :New Mospeada Complete Art Works Book 2009

Catalog numbers, in HMV pages, are often ISBN. It could be same here :

ISBN -13: 978-4775306703

Am i right?

Question: What are differences between ISBN-10 and ISBN-13 noticed in Amazon pages?

Great idea, Roger, to propose to touch them....

But what's about your project, if it's not indiscreet...

akim.

Does HMV ship to America? If that is the ISBN, Amazon JP doesn't have a listing for it. You can check Wikipedia for an explanation of ISBN-10 and ISBN-13.

Nothing going on with my project. The owner of the Imai materials gave me the go-ahead to provide them to licensees of Harmony Gold, so as soon as someone wants to make an art book they're available.

Thanks for your answer, Roger.

Yes, HMV ships to USA.

About ISBN, i'll search via Wikipedia.

Hum hum, maybe if this japanese artbook has good sales, there is a possibility to see an another book from USA this time...why not?

akim.

Edit: I've looking for ISBN via Wiki...

Numbers given before are ISBN for "New Mospeada Complete Art Works Book 2009": 978-4775306703.

Edited by akim

• 3 weeks later...
Too bad the attachment didn't come over with the quote. I think the redesign had potential but the Inbit were wonky.

Sorry, these were the designs I said that I actually like, though others who have posted here seem to pretty universally dislike.

post-7028-1227586219_thumb.jpg

I'm with Ruskii, the revised Tread looks very promising. The new-wave Legioss isn't quite my cup of tea. I'm all for a Legioss redesign, I would just like it to look a bit more like a contemporary vehicle (like with a cockpit and canopy that are visible).

• 1 month later...

Sorry to revive this thread but i'm intrigued so just some general questions about this future artbook:

How a company decide to do an artbook ?

The demand is it stronger to do that ?

Some people from this forum has participated in this project??

Where do they find documents, archives...?

akim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
As i've said before, it's impressive to know there could have more materials for a second book...so run for this first book!!

HMV has preorder it :New Mospeada Complete Art Works Book 2009

Catalog numbers, in HMV pages, are often ISBN. It could be same here :

ISBN -13: 978-4775306703

Am i right?

Question: What are differences between ISBN-10 and ISBN-13 noticed in Amazon pages?

Great idea, Roger, to propose to touch them....

But wha t's about your project, if it's not indiscreet...

akim.

Too bad... :(

Now this book is previoused for March 31, 2009...

I begin to believe we are unlucky...

akim.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello Guys,

I just noticed the current logo over at collectiondx.

cdxlogo.png

Anyone know the source of that background image? I rather like it and was wondering if there were any larger uncropped versions.

Thanks,

Carl

That is for sure the aoshima Legioss has the missile pack, not to mention the large gap in the arms when in fighter mode. Still a nice banner.

I\'ve got this shitajiki coming the the mail from Japan within the next couple of weeks (SAL), and I\'m looking forward to posting the art here.

Cutaways, yay!

YahooJP auction pic:

post-1561-1235656815_thumb.jpg

Edited by AcroRay

I\'ve got this shitajiki coming the the mail from Japan within the next couple of weeks (SAL), and I\'m looking forward to posting the art here.

Cutaways, yay!

YahooJP auction pic:

What is it?

Cool! Where do you find this stuff?!?!

hi!!

Honestly, it's not important to know where it comes from...

It's more cool to show it... isn't it?

I put it just to imagine what kind of artbook it would be ...if one day it appears....(first book would be cool with setting and material collections...imagine the second with preproduction lineart!!)

Yes, i expect your OUT pic to compare with this above....Thanks Totoro242...

I know also you 've taken a lot of time to collect info about Macross/Mospeada/Robotech products...so maybe you could have found some interesting things?

Just happy it makes pleasure...

akim.

What is it?

shitajiki = "pencil board". They're common little items, rather like a giant laminated or plastic trading card you slip behind a sheet of writing paper to give you a better writing surface. Anime ones often have beautiful, unique pieces of art, and are sold as regular school/office supplies or given away as promotional items.

Do a quick eBay search, and you'll get some good examples. Cool & cheap, and addictive to collect for some, but postage costs usually make them a bit more expensive than they need to be.

shitajiki = "pencil board". They're common little items, rather like a giant laminated or plastic trading card you slip behind a sheet of writing paper to give you a better writing surface. Anime ones often have beautiful, unique pieces of art, and are sold as regular school/office supplies or given away as promotional items.

Do a quick eBay search, and you'll get some good examples. Cool & cheap, and addictive to collect for some, but postage costs usually make them a bit more expensive than they need to be.

Thanks

The line art presented there (really cool with the cut-away showing the mechanical stuff inside) was also present on various toy and model kits. Just the other day I was looking at my Robotech release of the 1/55 triple change Alpha and admiring that same art.

The line art presented there (really cool with the cut-away showing the mechanical stuff inside) was also present on various toy and model kits. Just the other day I was looking at my Robotech release of the 1/55 triple change Alpha and admiring that same art.

I recall the Ride Armor image appearing on one of the model kits I didn't have. Hopefully the card will provide a nice look at them, and that they'll be included in the upcoming Mospeada art book.

It'll make a nice background piece on my Mospeada shelf!

Edited by AcroRay

• 2 weeks later...

The pencil board arrived! Really nice graphics. There's no price on it, so I think it was a magazine omake insert of some sort. There's also a date noted in the text at the lower right.

The image on the other side is sort of clipped together from other Mospeada sources, like the gang looking skyward from the credits, etc. A little lame, actually. I may post it later.

post-1561-1236655602_thumb.jpg

The pencil board arrived! Really nice graphics. There's no price on it, so I think it was a magazine omake insert of some sort. There's also a date noted in the text at the lower right.

The image on the other side is sort of clipped together from other Mospeada sources, like the gang looking skyward from the credits, etc. A little lame, actually. I may post it later.

post-1561-1236655602_thumb.jpg

Out of curiosity how much did it cost you after all the fees I'm guessing you used a auction service.