Mospeada Line Art Thread

akim

I hear that the back of that Variable Bike book has pages with early designs for Mospeada. Seems they originally planned it to be a police show.

Oh, and I rented the show on dvd recently. Each disk has a huge bank of line-art images to scroll through on top of the old Gakken tv commercials.

I have the Animation Bikes book if it's the one you mean. At the back there is an interview with Hideki Kakinuma and Shinji Aramaki. I can't read it tho (Japanese). There is also a section showing a couple of b&w photos of Mospeada toys with a police bike next to them but it looks like it's from a separate show.

I can scan the articles but it might take a while.

Is there any lineart from the DVD that's new?

Yeah, Aramaki said it was planned as a police show, then became close to what it is now. However, he didn't want to feature the Legioss too heavily, because the story should have been just about people riding on motorbikes, trying to get to Reflex Point. If they can all just fly a Legioss, they'd get there in no time! So he was only going to have it pop up in a few places, mostly the first episode, and then after that Mospeadas all the way. Unfortunately, the sponsors didn't see it that way... "Gotta have toys!"

Thank you totoro for the hi rez scan of the legioss+thread.

This is my favourite mospeada art and until now I just had the small entertainment bible pix.

Awesome bro!

Is there any lineart from the DVD that's new?

Are you talking about the Japanese DVD's? If so, there is new line art in each DVD booklet and many of the discs have galleries with some new line art in the digital gallery. I can scan some of the DVD booklets, but I have no way to get caps of the DVD galleries...

Thank you totoro for the hi rez scan of the legioss+thread.

This is my favourite mospeada art and until now I just had the small entertainment bible pix.

Awesome bro!

No problem! What are all these books and stuff for if you can't share them with other fans? :)

I think I came pretty close although it's not perfect:

:blink: Awesome

I was wondering if I would be able to give to my red legioss (well,when I will buy it ^_^ ) this very pose because it looks so cool.

Thank you for your post Jenius, now I know it's possible. B))

Glad you guys like it, but I see I forgot to open up the missile bays on the legs :(. Cain, you're going to need to come up with a custom stand if you want to keep the toy looking like this. I also stole a gun from an MPC :)

• 2 weeks later...
^_^ Give me everything!!! ^_^

My 2 cents: B))

transformation detailed

GREAT ADDITION!!! THANKS!!! Those are SWEET!!!

:ph34r:

now I would'nt go that far. :lol:

I'm just saying, Aramaki/Kakinuma/whoever is very good at making simplistic designs that look interesting. The angles and panels and little recessed areas all add up to make it look pretty cool...for a box with wheels.

I'm just saying, Aramaki/Kakinuma/whoever is very good at making simplistic designs that look interesting. The angles and panels and little recessed areas all add up to make it look pretty cool...for a box with wheels.

LOL...True....I'll give you that. It's one baaaaadddd lookin box car. :D

LOL...True....I'll give you that. It's one baaaaadddd lookin box car. :D

What's funny is how tiny it must be. Look at the pic on the lower right -- either those two guys are giants or the box car is seriously dinky. And they roll bar is useless either way. So maybe it's not as cool as I thought.

What's funny is how tiny it must be. Look at the pic on the lower right -- either those two guys are giants or the box car is seriously dinky. And they roll bar is useless either way. So maybe it's not as cool as I thought.

LOL :lol: ......To be honest...I think it's acctually supposed to be like a small cart like vehicle that is just for around the base. I think the "roll bar" that you are talking about is actually just a bar for someone to hold onto if they were riding in the back. Or to be used as an anchor for tieing down supplies and whatnot.

Hey all....would you say this is the most accurate pic to go by for color? I was thinking of giving my Gakken Legioss I just got a little paint job. I don't so much care for changing the blue color...mostly I am wondering about the areas that are white in this pic....I believe this pic goes well with the CMs Legioss but not the Gakken.

stick-legioss.gif

LOL :lol: ......To be honest...I think it's acctually supposed to be like a small cart like vehicle that is just for around the base. I think the "roll bar" that you are talking about is actually just a bar for someone to hold onto if they were riding in the back. Or to be used as an anchor for tieing down supplies and whatnot.

well, the text says <Electrical Cart> ... :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...