Mospeada Line Art Thread

akim

Hey wwwmwww! Thanks so much for sharing and WOW nice collection. ...no chance of getting those on a flat bed scanner? Also if you don't mind me asking where did you get them...Very cool.

Hello Odyn,

That set of line art came with the 1/72 Monocraft non-transformable Legioss & Tread seen here:

02boxtop.jpg

I see it pop up on eBay every now and then so you might want to keep your eyes open. And yes, I do have a scanner. These pages are bigger then the bed of my scanner but I might be able to scan them a half page at a time. I'll look into it this weekend. PM me if I forget.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

No I hadn't noticed that. Thanks! Looks like my copy was made after that piece was riped off the bottom too. So who owns the original? Can we get them to make a nice scan of it? I'd like that image without all the perspective distortion a photo has.

Carl

Sorry for not answered you Carl!!

It's a friend of mine who owns some original artwork of Mospeada.

I've insisted but he doesn't want to show them...:( He only authorizes me to leave this pic you've seen.

Maybe one day i hope i'll succeed to change his mind.

I've found a pic of an strange invid shown beside on rubberslug, i don't remember have seen it in anime or Mospeada lineart.

Could you confirm that, Carl ?

Best regards.

akim.

Sorry for not answered you Carl!!

It's a friend of mine who owns some original artwork of Mospeada.

I've insisted but he doesn't want to show them...:( He only authorizes me to leave this pic you've seen.

Maybe one day i hope i'll succeed to change his mind.

Well keep working at it. I'd love to see what he has.

I've found a pic of an strange invid shown beside on rubberslug, i don't remember have seen it in anime or Mospeada lineart.

Could you confirm that, Carl ?

Just a little confused. What is rubberslug? What is it that you want me to confirm?

Carl

P.S. I forgot to get those scans I said I'd do last weekend... didn't I. I'll try again this weekend.

Just a little confused. What is rubberslug? What is it that you want me to confirm?

Carl

P.S. I forgot to get those scans I said I'd do last weekend... didn't I. I'll try again this weekend.

Hi Carl,

Rubberslug is a website who everyone create his own gallery to show his items.

( It hosts free anime cel and production artwork galleries. )

Rubberslug

There are so many rare cels.

It's in a gallery i found invid original artwork...

Invid preproduction

Ok for the scans B))

Thanks Mechaninac for these designs!!

They're very well done, really cool!!

Akim.

So you are asking me to confirm if this strange invid is real Moespeada lineart? I believe it is... I've seen it before. I also noticed that the image you attached isn't the same image that is seen at Rubberslug. So I assume its safe to assume you've seen it somewhere else as well.

Carl

P.S. I take that back... the picture at Rudderslug is a cropped version of the picture you attached. It's been cropped to remove the bubble wrap around the edge. So where did you get the uncropped image?

Edited by wwwmwww

This picture is in the Animedia Mospeada Graffiti book near the back.

This one? If so I have it and need to dig it out and check.

mospeada.jpg

Harmony Gold used the design in the Wildstorm Invasion comic book and in the Invasion video game. They used it as some sort of Invid Artillery mecha.

If anyone here has this comic I'd love to see a scan.

Carl

I have taken the scans down as a polite request has been made. Sorry there was any trouble, but I will get you guys lineart photos when I can pull them out.

Edited by Jasonc

Wow, that is some of the coolest stuff I have seen in a very long time! So many different types of unused mechs! Granted, some of the stuff I'm happy they didn't use, and some of it you can clearly see is work in progress that got us to the finished designs, but it is so great to actually see the steps taken. Amazing stuff, thanks Jasconc!

If you ever get to see Tommy Yunes so-called mecha designs, a lot of them basically are from those designs, so no, I don't think they kept anything sacred. The Invid artillery trooper is a direct copy, and the cyclone from shadow chronicles had a lot of influence from that armored ride armor. Anyways, I'll see if I have anymore interesting stuff that hasn't been seen. I have some interesting Southern Cross concept art, but I'll look for more Mospeada.

I have some interesting Southern Cross concept art, but I'll look for more Mospeada.

Thanks for showing us that Jasonc. Some of those pics I've seen either in Animec, Out or My Anime magazines as well as the Mospeada Mecha Grafiti (I think the Satan Squadron one especially). I would certainly be interested in seeing more, especially any Southern Cross stuff ya might have. By the by, do you know if the stuff you have for SC is the early concept, when it was still Futuristic Feudal Japan in Space or stuff that was actually closer to the SC iteration we saw?