Mospeada Line Art Thread

akim

Hello,

Just a little topic to talk about Mospeada line art and design...

A picture of original line art (not mine sorry):

post-1010-1235262932_thumb.jpg

I'd like to add pics found on Mandarake but unfortunately, for different reasons, i don't find them...

Maybe someone could put them??

Mospeada line art seems to be rare...or not (compared to some others series)?

We can find some mospeada sheets in japanese dvd boxset, some magazines, artmic book, EBs...

Pictures seen on the web seems always issued from same copy setting ie

post-1010-1199540986_thumb.jpeg

post-1010-1199541017_thumb.jpeg

post-1010-1199541030_thumb.jpeg

but not really unseen..

Is it possible, one day, to dream for a real big book ( not only a magazine) who contains all line art of Mospeada ?

Bests regards.

akim.

FYI: The old Palladium books Robotech REF Field Guide contains some nice Mospeada lineart:

http://www.amazon.com/Ref-Field-Guide-Robo...I/dp/0916211363

Yes, it's true, i've got it...

What it contains is exactly similar to Mospeada settings...this book came out 18 years ago!!

I mean there is not real original lineart except those from a big set of 319 sheets seen in the last Big web auction on Mandarake there is 3 months ago...(or treasure designs discovered by Roger Harkavy which 6 sheets were published...)

I've lost these beautiful pics (crashed computer) posted in locked topic "Gakken Tread ebay", also if someone has saved them, please tell me!!

thanks.

akim.

I think all of Palladium's RT books have awesome art. Especially the covers and pictures by Kevin Long. The RPGs were my first real exposure to Third Generation/MOSPEADA artwork (I hadn't seen the cartoon) and Kevin Long just kicked ass on his RT artwork.

Personally my favourite RT book is Strike Force, where you get some in-between mecha that show the transition from the Macross-style VFs and Destroids to the REF Alphas and Betas. Totally non-canon but very cool nonetheless.

I think all of Palladium's RT books have awesome art. Especially the covers and pictures by Kevin Long.

Agreed. The Southern Cross book was the first time I finally got to learn about the different armies of the Southern Cross and see the different personnel armour. Very cool.

B))

Agreed. The Southern Cross book was the first time I finally got to learn about the different armies of the Southern Cross and see the different personnel armour. Very cool.

Kevin personally assured me at Palladium Open House (and again on the Space Station Liberty podcast) that Peter Simon's artwork will not be in the new edition of the Southern Cross sourcebook. ^_^

Kevin personally assured me at Palladium Open House (and again on the Space Station Liberty podcast) that Peter Simon's artwork will not be in the new edition of the Southern Cross sourcebook. ^_^

New Robotech RPG editions?? When?? Where??

Could anybody point me to the thread that had that conceptual reimagining lineart of the Legioss/Tread that was posted last summer? I was aboard 'carrier at the time and the Navy provides us shitty bandwidth out there, making it effectively impossible for me to open the attachments.

Thanks

Hello Carl,

Beautiful pics!!

Thanks a lot!!

There are only 2 missed others pics if Pat S or someone else has saved them!!

In reality, i have one question: what can we do to obtain a book containing inedit and unused Mospeada artworks ??

I remember an article from "RoboblogIII: The Odyssey" :

http://sdf5x.blogspot.com/2007/01/exclusiv...sign-image.html

It said:

If fans would like to see the rest of these materials in print one day, please encourage them to spread the word and support the magazine by buying this issue.

Well, do we have some news about this project (print new Mospeada materials) ?

We'll see a lot of new line of toys from this anime, could we expect , one day, a book?

I really hope it!!

Thanks!!

akim.

PS: Carl, have you notice the first pic of this topic seems to be an original art of your last line art ( look at red color) ?

post-1010-1235262868_thumb.jpg

la610.jpg

Edited by akim

PS: Carl, have you notice the first pic of this topic seems to be an original art of your last line art ( look at red color) ?

No I hadn't noticed that. Thanks! Looks like my copy was made after that piece was riped off the bottom too. So who owns the original? Can we get them to make a nice scan of it? I'd like that image without all the perspective distortion a photo has.

akim, here are a few threads you might want to check out:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=22172

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=22059

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

Sorry, nothing to report.

Well,

Thanks Carl for these 2 links, very interesting...I haven't read them before...

Thanks Roger for your small answer...

Maybe an update will be possible ..soon??

This is an another pic sent to me:

post-1010-1235263076_thumb.jpg

akim.

Edited by akim

• 1 month later...

2260135364_45d1815673_o.jpg

04022hd2.th.jpg

hmm OT for abit, for Bubblegum Crisis fans, Yamato coming out with this toy. Personally, i feel that the figure looks awesome! but the bike is too plasticky, they dont really compliment each other. what a pity. The figure's probably worth it though...

1/15変形 モト・スレイヴ(プリス)発売日 2008年5月 予定

予価  7,140 円(本体価格:6,800 円)

--------------------------------

Back on topic

BTW, can anyone recommend any books on Mospeada?

There's a fairly new book with some mecha (including mospeada) art:

http://www.hlj.com/product/FTB30009

book04xt1cr6.th.jpg