Mospeada Line Art Thread

akim

I remember reading that Shinji Aramaki did the designs for the initial MASK series/toys. Did he do Captain Power too?

Unfortunately, it seems you know more than me^^

What i can say: there are drawings for these 2 titles (Mask and Captain Power), about Cptn Power maybe they worked on the serie or on the animated VHS...

pic^^

post-1010-0-03208800-1347660131_thumb.jpg

I just recently stumbled across the fact that Shinji Aramaki worked on Captain Power as the show is making a come back. He did the designs on the three animated interactive VHS tapes. I opened an old box to watch and listen to them when the limited soundtrack was announced a month or so ago. I always knew the art style was different. I guess I kept the tapes for a reason. I never watched the credits much when I was young and it was a surprise to see his name listed. It was a "that's why this is so cool" moment. Looking for the cels/sketches now but nothing so far.

I didn't know the connection between Bubblegum Crisis and Mospeada. Perhaps I'll get a few of the books I'm missing like that Anime Bikes one. I think it was Hot Toys that released a light up Akira bike. I wish they would do Priss' motoslave and Rook's cyclone.

• 2 months later...

QUOTE (Totoro242 @ May 24 2009, 10:11 AM)

I'm guessing that this is unused box art for a product that never came out? Its nowhere near as good as the stuff we saw released on the model and toy boxes, but I would still love to see a full-color version of this smile.gif

Unfortunately, i can't read what is written beside...

Best pic:

post-1010-1243312149_thumb.jpg

Humm...of course, translations are welcome for all pics in this thread...

akim.

post-1010-0-42981100-1358081144_thumb.jpg

At least, nearby 4 years later, we can see this illustration in color.

post-1010-0-51475800-1358081184_thumb.jpg

Congrats for the new owner.

And i hope we could have a bigger pic ;)

akim.

Edited by akim

post-1010-0-42981100-1358081144_thumb.jp

At least, nearby 4 years later, we can see this illustration in color.

post-1010-0-51475800-1358081184_thumb.jp

Congrats for the new owner.

And i hope we could have a bigger pic ;)

akim.

Nice!

I didn't know the connection between Bubblegum Crisis and Mospeada. Perhaps I'll get a few of the books I'm missing like that Anime Bikes one. I think it was Hot Toys that released a light up Akira bike. I wish they would do Priss' motoslave and Rook's cyclone.

The 1/6 scale Akira was a collaboration between Bandai and Medicom. Bandai did the bike while medicom worked on the figure. I was hoping the would at least make a Tetsuo figure. If I had that set I would probably make the 3 little old kids for my display. lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi JetJockey,

Yep, they were in auction cel section.

Few weeks ago, i found an another pic of our rare Mospeada poster from here:

http://wildcats.pupui.jp/mt/archives/2013/01/post_362.html

(This guy really loves Mospeada^^):

2013_0120_0-thumb.jpg

http://wildcats.pupui.jp/images/2013_0120_0.jpg

2013_0120_2-thumb.jpg

http://wildcats.pupui.jp/images/2013_0120_2.jpg

2013_0120_3-thumb.jpg

http://wildcats.pupui.jp/images/2013_0120_3.jpg

Thanks for him!!

Full color!! Bigger pic :)

What i've understood (with litteral automatic translation) :

Edited for 100 lots present...made by the famous Masami Watanabe^^

Is it good?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I recently finished trying to clean up an image, scanned from a kit I have, of the Blowsuperior. I cleaned it up the best I knew how, so maybe I can get a poster print or something. I've always been fond of this cover art, and figured some of you may be interested. The White japanese writing in the top left isn't spot on, I was trying to get it done quickly so its prob not 100% accurate, but I'm happy with how it turned out. Hopefully one of these images shows up lol!

Blowsuperior.jpg

post-5904-0-58826500-1365986370_thumb.jpg

Edited by spedfish

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thirty years ago, the 2nd October 1983, began an anime serie in Japan....with this first episode:

"Prelude to the Offensive / 襲撃のプレリュード"

Happy 30th Anniversary "Genesis Climber Mospeada"!! ^^

Few gifts:

post-1010-0-34954000-1380729728_thumb.jpg

post-1010-0-89865100-1380729736_thumb.jpg

post-1010-0-44810600-1380729746_thumb.jpg

And enjoy!!

Yep, but not exactly the same...an ad has been added below.

About cels,i've saved some pics, not great but funny...

enjoy^^

Are these from more than a few years ago? I started looking for Mospeada cels fairly recently and I haven't seen any of these up for auction before. Some good ones are in this group.

Are these from more than a few years ago? I started looking for Mospeada cels fairly recently and I haven't seen any of these up for auction before. Some good ones are in this group.

Yes^^ more than few years ago...some few to come...

Thirty years ago, the 2nd October 1983, began an anime serie in Japan....with this first episode:

"Prelude to the Offensive / 襲撃のプレリュード"

Happy 30th Anniversary "Genesis Climber Mospeada"!! ^^

Nice Ikazcuchi variant. The cycles, I think showed up in the new RPG Genesis Pits book (not sure, though, its one of the few I don't own at the moment). Guess that is supposed to be a large gun (Synchroton Cannon?) mounted on the prow of the Ikazuchi?

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

• 3 weeks later...

Nice Ikazcuchi variant. The cycles, I think showed up in the new RPG Genesis Pits book (not sure, though, its one of the few I don't own at the moment). Guess that is supposed to be a large gun (Synchroton Cannon?) mounted on the prow of the Ikazuchi?

Hi, sory for my late answer...unfortunately, i can't say anything about this spaceship "Ikazuti 41"because i know nothing, i found this pic like that...no date, only some few japanese language who seems detail this vessel...translation is welcome of course...

• 4 months later...

A bit off topic I know, but does anyone have acces to the "ImaI Files" PDF, The legendary 108 page PDF of pre-production Mospeada art work. I found a number of old blog entries about it, but the links to the actual document are all dead. Any help tracking it down would be apreciated.

A bit off topic I know, but does anyone have acces to the "ImaI Files" PDF, The legendary 108 page PDF of pre-production Mospeada art work. I found a number of old blog entries about it, but the links to the actual document are all dead. Any help tracking it down would be apreciated.

I think this is what you're referring to:

imaifiles.pdf

Enjoy

Edited by Phyrox

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not technically lineart, but I thought akim might get a kick out of this since its use of lineart he posted. From the latest Robotech Visions fanart page, the variant 'heavy armed' Ikazuchi.

First use of "Ikazuti 41"...funny, cool...

Well, no C&D from HG?....lol

Some cels seen recently...

post-1010-0-57229200-1399131908_thumb.jpeg post-1010-0-47146300-1399131913_thumb.jpeg post-1010-0-10103900-1399131916_thumb.jpeg

My hard disk is broken unfortunately, so some pics are missing (from yahoo auction..)