1/144 VF-171

TSP

Lookin' great TSP! There's a lot of putty down there, but I can still make out all the detail. I don't know how many takers there'd be, but a recast might be in order. This would be a rare kit indeed! - MT

• 1 year later...

It's been a while since the last update. Not being happy whith what I did on this kit I put this project on hold untill 2 days ago. I was working on the Siren and strangly felt a necessity to finish this kit. And so I started rasping some parts and ended up with building a lot more than expected. Changes where made to radome and underside fuselage Added Oh and I also made a plain base for the RVF-171.

New WIP pictures.

th_VF17134.jpg th_VF17135.jpg th_VF17136.jpg

Thanks for watching.

Looking good, sometimes it pays to walk away for a bit. :)

I've not touched my work now for several months, although I have moved house and started a new job so have not had time to unpack or work on anything, but I have several ideas running round for when I do recomence work. Had I just continued I would have not have though up a couple of them.

Thank you all for the kind words.

Looking good, sometimes it pays to walk away for a bit. :)

I've not touched my work now for several months, although I have moved house and started a new job so have not had time to unpack or work on anything, but I have several ideas running round for when I do recomence work. Had I just continued I would have not have though up a couple of them.

Sounds familiar. But sometimes it can also have a contrary effect. In my case it mostly ends as dust collectors (Macross City on Protoculture relict :rolleyes: ) or a pile of scrap.

hmm ... maybe I do something like that too, looks awesome
Always nice to see how some things encourage others to build more. Especially 144 scale Macross model building.

Build a pair of ankle guards for covering up the sloppy joint between legs and nozzles/feet parts.

th_VF17137.jpg th_VF17138.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm changing my ISP at the moment and can't get online for a while which also means no update in the next weeks too.

This is the current status on the build. I added the TARPS module, guns, and few small details before I got distracted by the MAXL Thunderbolt. ^_^ I spent two days on this kit and have to admid that the MAXL is actually the best kit from this series so far. There's not much modification needed to make this beauty look like a display model.

th_VF17140.jpg th_VF17141.jpg th_VF17142.jpg th_VF17143.jpg th_VF17144.jpg

I've started with the launch arm today but didn't took pictures of it. Will add some as soon as Internet is available again.

Thanks for watching.

1/72 I hope?

Yep, 1/72.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! Didn't had much time for model building the last weeks so I spend a few hours on the launch arm today.

It's not very anime accurate but you can say it's an ufo-catcher Macross Frontier style.

th_VF17145.jpg th_VF17146.jpg th_VF17147.jpg th_VF17148.jpg

Thanks for watching.

Thanks everyone! Didn't had much time for model building the last weeks so I spend a few hours on the launch arm today.

It's not very anime accurate but you can say it's an ufo-catcher Macross Frontier style.

th_VF17145.jpg th_VF17146.jpg th_VF17147.jpg th_VF17148.jpg

Thanks for watching.

Really like that arm A LOT. Very cool.

• 1 month later...
cooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!! been waiting an update on this for such a long time, glad to see it's still alive
How did you get enough physical infomation about the VF-171 Nightmare plus to get such accurate model? I've been trying to get enough screenshots to make a scratch built VF-171 Ex nightmare plus but haven't had enough detail to draw an orthographic view of the plane mode's nacelles to draw it properly. Any advice or resources you could share would be most appreciated.