Macross Frontier News Thread *Read 1st post*

azrael

Maybe we are going to see some football/soccer in Macross Frontier. :p

God, I hope not! I hated the football (soccer) playing character in Aquarian. Actually, I hated all the characters in Aquarian, espcially the beast boy who went around on all fours.

So far Frontier seems to have likeable characters that I can connect with.

Graham

God, I hope not! I hated the football (soccer) playing character in Aquarian. Actually, I hated all the characters in Aquarian, espcially the beast boy who went around on all fours.

So far Frontier seems to have likeable characters that I can connect with.

Graham

HAHA

MF have swimming scene.

Who want to look BIKINI???

OOOHOHOHOHO

its already april 3rd in japan.....is macross frontier been shown already?

It's on tonight. Very late at night, like 1am. So technically, it's on the morning of the 4th. (Times and dates vary depending on the region, but I think MBS is showing it first)

By the way, little plug here. Anyone in Japan who wants to switch on early tonight (at 11:15pm on ABC I think) can see me on a TV show called "Bebop High Heel". I play the young Albert Einstein. Apparently he was some kinda ladies man... :lol: Check it out if you have time! I'll be recording both through the magic of VEE EITCH ESSS!!

Edited by Renato

It's about to hit 10:00am Thursday morning over there....11 more hours to go.

IF the fansubbers are hungry enough we could see RAWS by Thursday night (here).

It's on tonight. Very late at night, like 1am. So technically, it's on the morning of the 4th. (Times and dates vary depending on the region, but I think MBS is showing it first)

ok thanks. is MBS a major network in japan?

1) Broadcast of Episode 1 time slot change (Only for episode 1):

MBS 4/3 (Thursday) 24:55

CBC 4/3 (Thursday) 26:05

TBS 4/4 (Friday) 25:59

TBC 4/4 (Friday) 26:19

SBS 4/4 (Friday) 26:49

HBC 4/7 (Monday) 26:29

weird time format....is this how they usually post time in japan?

It will just be like the deculture ep right? I hope this thing maintains smoothness throughout the whole series. Also combat has to look busy like some of the micromissile swarm moments of eureka 7 or it isn't macross.

No more macross 7 style "recycling of footage" for fights. I wonder if there will be a knife fight scene in Macross F like the one in SDF:M? :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

It will just be like the deculture ep right? I hope this thing maintains smoothness throughout the whole series. Also combat has to look busy like some of the micromissile swarm moments of eureka 7 or it isn't macross.

No more macross 7 style "recycling of footage" for fights. I wonder if there will be a knife fight scene in Macross F like the one in SDF:M? :D

It will probably have the theme songs added and all the other proper broadcast stuff (sponsors, ads, etc). The rest....can't say.

is MBS a major network in japan?

<_<Wikipedia does have it's uses...

I rewatched the deculture episode and took frame by frame snapshots of the vf-25 transformation. It seems to be similar to yf-19 and sv-51. A big swiveling mess in the upper body. The transformation happens so quickly that you don't even notice it just transformed. Maybe what they should do is maybe slow it down a little bit for the first time you see the robot transform instead of instantaneously? Sure it might look more agressive and battle-ready by doing it violently and fast, but you don't get to see much. A Matrix-style "bullet time" slo-mo cam would do nicely just as we saw in macross zero for the vf-0.

Oh well too late....:(

Actually, what's funny about the VF-25 transformation (at least the one posted before in gif format) is that the timing for some of the motion is off by a bit.. if you watch it frame-by-frame, some of the parts actually merge in the hip area. I'd guess the keyframes just aren't in synch for all the parts. It moves fast enough that it's barely noticeable though.. I only found it trying to understand how the legs are mounted.

Maybe she is a robot though? Kind of like that thing in robotech II? Before you laugh think of how in Macross Plus they had an AI pop idol which is just absurd. But maybe not for anime. Remember the "Thinking Cap" from the robotech mckinney novel and how they had mind controlled planes in mac plus?

I think it would be a good twist: have an android in macross universe that has feelings and its music gradually becomes more human over time. So far we have had HAL style AI controlling a huge ship, a group of demons from another dimension which get weaker if they are sung to, psycho kinetic girls that can float rocks, and giants that haven't had sex for millions of years and only noticed the joy of the opposite sex after we introduced them to the concept once they destroyed our planet. Given all the strange things in the previous macross shows, a Blade Runner style romance isn't that hard to imagine to me. :D

Gundam had its "cyber newtypes", (inferior electronic versions of the real thing) so macross can have its android that can talk to machines with its brain wirelessly. (possible first usage of tiny *bits in macross?) No need for ex-gear if you can just think the move and the mech does it immediately. No danger issue since the body is mechanical. No worry about the danger of AI controlling everything since it's just one android without the usage of illegal humanoid pieces. (which is what made the original AI go rogue because of the self preservation thing it felt remember - in the future, who is to say that the future programmers didn't REALLY come up with a genuine solution to the problems of the past programmers who couldn't create a completely "feeling" AI without cheating?)

Also I can't help but think Ranka = a transforming dog. A result of genetic manipulation carried out by the future scientists who decided it would be a good idea to give people a sharper sense of smell and hearing and make their race more advanced after jealousy of the Elvish race seen in macross 7? No one can explain why her hair could move by itself in the deculture episode, so maybe she has muscles in her head like the way a cat or something can move its ears? On a full moon ranka becomes a cat girl, (to see better at night time) but looks like a dog during the day. She is a clone of the islanders mixed with some plant DNA, and given some animal senses. Now before you laugh they have some mutant creature I think in appleseed. I wouldn't mind some mutants in macross to be honest. They could just explain that the military experimented with mixing the abilities of animals with humans to see whether they could be like the PC to evolve the race artificially. Ranka = the first test to see if they can evolve humans like the PC did.

Alto must choose between a genetically modified (possibly Mayan Islander PC descendant) girlfriend or a highly advanced AI (not like sharon apple which was cheating to get emotions) girlfriend or he will be dumped by both of them. Magic vs Technology.

*there were floating cameras in macross 7 weren't there?

マクロスF OP「トライアングラー」フルバーションMV by 坂本真綾

Macross F OP, Triangler FULL ver MV by Maaya Sakamoto

This is music video!!

Thank you! The song is definitely growing on me.

This new OP isn't too bad. I mean, its not as cool as the original on for SDFM but its okay. I wish she would have atleast mentioned Macross in it once. But atleast it sounds like anyother anime opening song.

Strumvogel: can you remember what's the Macross F opening like? :huh: I'm wondering if it'll be attached to episode 1 or it will just start with ep. 2

Mr March: you're welcome! :)

Well krespy just made the op avaliable, so that's part of your answer there. Really sorry it took me so long to reply but like I mentioned before I only have access online when I go to a internet cafe and I just been running around so much from place to place that I rarely have the time really.

As for the description of the actual animation of the op itself, I made a short description on my previous post. I do like how the VF25 was introduced in it though, shades and homage of how the VF1 was introduced in SDFM.

as for when the OP will show, no idea really since I don't remember Kawamori mentioning anything about that in the event at Tokyo Anime Fair.

I do personally think that it'll show on the 2nd episode since it gives away too much even before the shows really starts if showed on the first episode.

Edited by Strumvogel

Thank you! The song is definitely growing on me.

I agree! I went from "This isn't anywhere near as cool as don't be late" to "hey this is a catchy tune that can stand on its own"

Anyone got translated lyrics yet?

Oh man... this is killing me... you think we will see subtitled uploads of it as fast as we did with the deculture edtion? So they just showed the new version of episode 1 or they also showed 2

Alto doesn't seem too pleased about holding a well-developed woman in his arms. He'd prefer someone half his size like Ranka.

Maybe he's angry that he feels the texture of the holo-suit instead of warm, supple Nome-flesh.

Scratch that, he's wearing the Xgear manipulators - maybe he doesn't know it's a holo-suit and is angry his hands are stuck in the Xgear...

Maybe he's angry that he feels the texture of the holo-suit instead of warm, supple Nome-flesh.

Scratch that, he's wearing the Xgear manipulators - maybe he doesn't know it's a holo-suit and is angry his hands are stuck in the Xgear...

Let's look at Alto's actions in Ep1-deculture (since Ep1-standard isn't available as of the time of this post):

- Folds up a poster of Sheryl into a paper airplane

- Is clearly pissed from getting his test flight interrupted by a flying Sheryl propaganda device

- Says that he doens't see why Sheryl is the "galactic fairy," despite seeing her from more angles than the rest of the audience could ever dream of

- Risks getting shot up or Rodney King'd by a bunch of soldiers just so he can mouth off at Sheryl

+ Strongly apologizes to Ranka for getting mad at her, even though she said he looked like a chick

+ Ranka is able to motivate him into actually putting effort into his concert routine. In fact, he feels so motivated that the water fountains start shooting up in order to hint at what Alto is feeling.

+ Focuses his camera on Ranka, when he hasn't even gotten her phone number yet

I think Alto prefers girls half his size, man.