Macross Frontier News Thread *Read 1st post*

azrael

New VF-1 looks nice. The engines/lower legs are the most notable improvement over the older models. Looks great.

Is that advertisement (the one with the SDF-1 Macross on the cover) an advert for the new Macross Chronicle Encyclopedia?

Awesome stuff! what a kick-ass booth Satelight got set up, I'm glad to see they are pushing the crap out of Macross F, of course, it's their flagship franchise, but still, everything on the presentation looks top notch, even though all the MacF posters and SK's Art look amazing, I'd kill for that 25th anniversary Macross poster! B))

PS: Kresphy, thanx for posting the pics, keep them coming! ^_^

She`s just one of two. Both are cute though.

I didn`t manage to get into the stage show as the tickets we all sold out by the time I knew about it. You have no idea how miffed about that I was. If only I have managed to get net access and checked this tread a couple of days ago I would have had a good chance with the tickets.

I did the next best thing and positioned myself outside that gave me the best position of the screen above the stage and audio from the speakers. May`n did "Do you remember love" and she sounds great. Sagitarius 9pm also did "Don`t be late", full version and it really kicks it. Caught the light show but that`s it since I couldn`t see the stage. Don`t even know if there was a band there or not.

But at least I managed to see the premier of the OP for Frontier since all I needed for that was the screen.

Still not sold on the Triangle song, as a result the OP was OK most of the way but it really kicks into gear when the VF25 shows up.

My disappointment was more than made up for at the Satelight booth event. I`ll write about it later as my time in this net booth is running out.

Sorry if I don`t reply quickly after this post as I`ve got to find a cafe first to do any online browsing while I`m here. I am on my vacation you know...

Sorry, no pics as I didn`t have a camera. I suck at taking pictures anyway.

Edited by Strumvogel

Is that advertisement (the one with the SDF-1 Macross on the cover) an advert for the new Macross Chronicle Encyclopedia?

You might have something there, Marchingdowntothesewagepipe... It features title screens from the various shows in the lower left hand corner.

I too would love all those MF posters, particularly the one with Alto in the cockpit and flanked on either side by the girls... B))

Here's rescans of the May 2008 issue of Hobby Japan. I'm using a lower resolution (200dpi), but I found out that I do have a descreen option on my scanner, so turned it on.

Do these look better than the last try?

Graham

Finally found this month's HJ, so I re-scanned the images using an option in my scanning software named "reduce moire (magazines)"...

post-322-1206937308_thumb.jpg

post-322-1206937448_thumb.jpg

Not too sure if the scans have any new info, but from what little Japanese I can read, it did mention that VF-171 performance and mobility is lower than VF-17, but it's also much easier to be piloted. Also VF-171 is the main VF of the Macross Frontier fleet.

edit: oops, didn't see the article that you guys were talking about. it mentions that the VF-171 is a mass produced, multirole version of the VF-17 (which was designed primarily for stealth attack) so it can be considered a downgrade of sorts. however, it has improved aerodynamics and is easier to pilot by regular (non-ace)pilots. so, atmospheric performance may be improved over the 17, but it does clearly state that the 171 is slightly behind the 17 in performance. so you guys pretty much nailed it.

Edited by cyde01

It is from SP.

[/img]

i'm almost certain i saw that purple valkyrie come up in one of the TV specials. kawamori himself introduced it as an early early concept 3d model of the VF-25. obviously, the design ended up being revamped completely, although the silhouette in fighter mode kinda looks like the silhouette of the finalized VF-25 with fast packs.

Found this one :)

post-322-1206930041_thumb.jpg

Ah her I didn`t see. I saw the other one which had shorter hair. She hosted the event at the booth with the character designer, Kawamori and the project manager for the Macross Chronicle (sorry don`t know their names and I only recognised Kawamori anyway). I think my friend may have a pic of her. I`ll have to beat it out of him but first I have to find him.

Oh yeah I made a mistake with the previous post. It wasn`t May`n singing "Ai, Oboete imasu ka" but Megumi Nakajima. See what I mean about not being able to see the stage at all?

Btw, the Cream Puffs? Try and get them fresh. Otherwise it`s just not that good.

Awesome video Kresphy, is that going to be MF opening ? B))

No. That's just a fan work.

As for a Korean company working on the animation of MF...yeh, EVERYBODY does it. This ain't new.

If anybody wants to know where Mikimoto is these days and why he's not on MF ->

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...pleseed-tv-show

Yup, Anime Friend anyone

They're probably using DR Movie like everybody else. Lots of productions these days are being farmed out to China or Korea. Most of it is the in-between animation. But yeh, everybody does it these days. It's the cost of business.

GGemini

Fantastic scans GGemini. These are by far the cleanest and most detailed of the magazine scans. I'll save these and replace my current VF-171 Battroid and GERWALK pictures on the M3 with these improved pictures. I think these may also be superior to the website pictures for the VF-25S Full Armor, so I'll review them as well. Many thanks!

cyde01

I'll take note of these translations. Thanks for the recap. This is very helpful information.

Edited by Mr March

The Macross Frontier OST 1 entitled “Frontier NOW” is now available for preorders through Amazon Japan.

Details:

Release Date: June 4, 2008

Price: Y3045 (approx. 30.52 USD)

And the cover for the Diamond Crevasse/Don’t Be Late CD Single

2002244953082250402_rs.jpg