Macross Frontier News Thread *Read 1st post*

azrael

The theme song still ain't doing it for me. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've heard that song with a commercial and it still isn't working for me. I guess I need to see the opening animation to get a better feel.

I agree, Don't be Late is way catchier than this, the little clips shown from the second episode look pretty awesome though, I cant wait, a couple more weeks!

This might be old topiciy but at the beginning of the intro, you see the icon for Megaroad-01 going one way and Macross-F (or was that M-fortier?) going the other. watching that, i'm pretty sure Megaroad-01 plays nothing with the current series...

and on the side topic of HG and property's... the intor for MF also used the POV's from DYRL. that also was intentional too. if MF was ever brought over to the US, it has less to do with SDFM...

the possiblities... legally that is...

The theme song still ain't doing it for me. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've heard that song with a commercial and it still isn't working for me. I guess I need to see the opening animation to get a better feel.

I know what you mean. Probably this is one of those "grow onto you" kinda songs that once you see the OP for it and hear it enough times you'll grow to like it. Don't Be Late didn't really do anything for me in the CMs until the actual special was aired. ^_^

While not as catchy as 'Don't be late', the new song is growing on me. Can't wait to see the series opening animation.

I'm optimistic as well. "Don't Be Late" was a pretty cool song on its own, but what really glamorized it was the fact that it was synched up to incredible animation. I'm particularly fond of the point in the song which they coordinated with the VF-171 catapult launch, to name one such example. They also set that sneak peek clip (think it was about 3 minutes long - the one with the purple VF-25) to the song in several places, if you look back on it.

The new song we're hearing has only been set to a jumble of clips from the next episode, and neither the song nor the footage was created in any sort of harmony with the other. Once they create an original OP, featuring its own montage of animation, I'm sure the opening song will get appreciated for its true potential.

Guys,

Here's the scans from the latest issue of Hobby Japan Magazine (May 08 issue).

Picturewise, nothing really new that we don't already know about. However, I think these are the biggest pictures we've seen of the Armored VF-25 so far.

Hopefully, somebody can translate the text about the VF-25 and VF-171, in case here is so new info.

Graham

post-11-1206356034_thumb.jpg

post-11-1206356091_thumb.jpg

Guys,

Here's the scans from the latest issue of Hobby Japan Magazine (May 08 issue).

Picturewise, nothing really new that we don't already know about. However, I think these are the biggest pictures we've seen of the Armored VF-25 so far.

Hopefully, somebody can translate the text about the VF-25 and VF-171, in case here is so new info.

Graham

No news, it only said VF-25 can use Amored system(アーマードシステム) in Battroid(バトロイド).

It better than VF-1.

3月22日発売の「メガミマガジン・クリエイターズ Vol.11」

Mar. 22, Megami MAGAZINE Creators Vol.11

Macross Chronicle is rewrote. It add Macross Zero history.

Mayan Island(マヤン島) battle in Jul. 2008

U.N. Wars is finished in Dec. 2008.

グレートメカニックのマクロスF特集記事

Mar. 15, Great Mechanic's Macross F Special.

●マクロスF

P72-98

・全話の脚本を書いた。

All story???

p.s.

Why I could not use tag insert pics?

T T

Edited by kresphy

3月22日発売の「メガミマガジン・クリエイターズ Vol.11」

Mar. 22, Megami MAGAZINE Creators Vol.11

Macross Chronicle is rewrote. It add Macross Zero history.

Mayan Island(マヤン島) battle in Jul. 2008

U.N. Wars is finished in Oct. 2008.

Lovely, a minor retcon. Now if only I can find Egan, we can get the Compendium updated, provided that is a legit update.

No news, it only said VF-25 can use Amored system(アーマードシステム) in Battroid(バトロイド).

It better than VF-1.

actually, it says a lot more than that but you're right about the no news part.

"heavy armor attachment system designed to expand weapons capability, designed for the VF-25. it has overcome the main weakness of the vf-1's armor system, which was limited to battroid mode. it is able to transform and fly with the armored parts still attached. further details unknown."

vf-25 caption:

"next generation variable fighter being developed to replace NUNS' VF-171. in keeping with all the previous series, it transforms into 3 different modes depending on the situation. weapons that can be confirmed include machine gun(s), beam cannons, machine gun lasers, and a newly designed gunpod. as it is a top secret unit under development, details are unknown. one of it's unique features is it's ability to link with a pilot wearing the ex-gear exoskeleton suit."

ex-gear

"reinforced exoskeleton powered suit that protects the pilot and increases his/her mobility range. it is capable of flight using its small jet engines and variable wings. it is possible to link up (pilot) with the VF-25 while still being worn, and can be used to eject from the vf-25 in emergencies."

vf-171 caption:

"heavy multi-role variable fighter based on the VF-17 (appeared in macross 7). it is the most commonly used manned variable fighter/bomber in 2059, and is the main fighter of NUNS in the frontier fleet."

the caption with the vf-1d is just rerelease info for hasegawa model kits. the illustration with ataria island will be on the new packaging for the vf-1d rerelease.

Edited by cyde01

Forgive me if this has been answered in another thread or elsewhere, but what date does the series actually start and will it be shown once a week?

You might want to look back a few pages.

And just to save you lazy people from clickin on the link, it will air weekly starting 4/3 at 25:55 (which translates to 4/4 at 1:55AM)

The resolution may be set a tad too high... B))

Scanned at 400dpi. Would it look better at a lower resolution, say, 200dpi?

My scanner is approaching 6 or 7 years old, so is probably due for replacement, as is my home PC.

Graham

Can anybody give a decent translation of this from the official MF Blog:-

VF-25モデルがビッグサイトにランディング!

sato4です。

「ワンダーフェスティバル」で展示しましたバルキリーVF-25の光造形モデルを「東京国際アニメフェア」のサテライトさんブースでも展示することになりました~。パチパチ。

やはり平面で見るのと立体で見るのは大きな違いがあるので(河森さんもよく言ってます。)、未見の方はぜひぜひ会場に足を運んで下さい。

3/24発売の雑誌「フィギュア王」さんの連載ページで河森さんが手にしているのもこちらのモデルなんです。

・・・というわけで、「フィギュア王」も要チェック!

■東京国際アニメフェア2008のホームページはこちら

http://www.tokyoanime.jp/

アニメフェアは3/30のマクロスFステージも必見ですよ。

ではでは。

by sato4

Graham

Can anybody give a decent translation of this from the official MF Blog:-

It basically says that the VF-25 models that were shown at Wonder Festival will be at the Tokyo International Animation Festival. You can see the models at the Satellite Animation booth. It also mentions the Macross F stage show on 3/30 at the festival.

My scanner is approaching 6 or 7 years old, so is probably due for replacement, as is my home PC.

Graham

200dpi would be maximum, since most magazines are printed within the range of 100 - 200dpi (cheaper that way).

The image may be a bit smaller, but it shouldn't have the print dots...

The resolution is fine, even if it displays the limits of the printed page. It's the sharpness, contrast, and color scan that is poor. I'm certain it's your scanner, Graham. If I compare magazines I've scanned from my cheapy scanner (purchased last year for $80) to the scans you've made (no image manipulation, just scanned in default mode) the difference is very noticable.

Graham

Maybe we should help you out. A new scanner fund. Everyone pitch in $5.

Did any MW'ers pick up the COSPA Macross Frontier shirts from Wonderfest?

Hopefully these show up on HLJ.com like the previous (25th concert) ones did.

2002572777406896923_rs.jpg 2002555872766993065_rs.jpg 2002598203811843032_rs.jpg

The resolution is fine, even if it displays the limits of the printed page. It's the sharpness, contrast, and color scan that is poor. I'm certain it's your scanner, Graham. If I compare magazines I've scanned from my cheapy scanner (purchased last year for $80) to the scans you've made (no image manipulation, just scanned in default mode) the difference is very noticable.

For line art maybe, but for printed page, 400 dpi tends to pic up everything including the print dots on photo paper. Keep in mind Marchus that magazines are printed at no more than 200dpi, 400 doubles that resolution. Specialty books and art books would probably have a better print dpi, but mass produced magazines, not so much.

I guess without a comparison scan we really can't be entirely sure.

I specifically said magazines Zinjackerland, not line art books.

If I compare magazines I've scanned...

And like I said, it's not the DPI that's the problem. It's sharpness, contrast and color. I'd agree a comparison would be great to prove the theory, but how am I to obtain the same Japanese magazines? I'm pretty sure it's just his scanner. But anyway, we can't complain, I was just hoping we might help him out. I'd contribute some for a good cause.

Edited by Mr March

The new opening song, sounds ok, it certainly is not as hip as Don't be Late but the new song does have a nice beat to it.

Only 1 more week to go and we'll get to see the first episode which for most of us, we have already seen. So I guess most of us shouldn't get excited until 2 weeks later?

And like I said, it's not the DPI that's the problem. It's sharpness, contrast and color. I'd agree a comparison would be great to prove the theory, but how am I to obtain the same Japanese magazines? I'm pretty sure it's just his scanner. But anyway, we can't complain, I was just hoping we might help him out. I'd contribute some for a good cause.

Marchofthepenguin,

I never said I would be against that project.

Giving back to Graham for what he's given us is always a good thing... B))

It basically says that the VF-25 models that were shown at Wonder Festival will be at the Tokyo International Animation Festival. You can see the models at the Satellite Animation booth. It also mentions the Macross F stage show on 3/30 at the festival.

Why thank you sir, that does indeed answer my question. :D *noogies*

stupid Question but when is the second episode coming out. I dont want to left behind and find out it came out two weeks ago.

As we have repeatedly stated, the series starts on April 3rd (technically April 4th). Most likely, they will probably be re-airing episode 1 with completed openings and endings on that day. Now, if there aren't any scheduled or unscheduled interruptions, episode 2 will be the following week. Unfortunately, we don't have a clear idea of the schedule until next week. So I would check back next week to be sure.

I have the white one.

Graham

Have I said lately I hate you? :p

As we have repeatedly stated, the series starts on April 3rd (technically April 4th). Most likely, they will probably be re-airing episode 1 with completed openings and endings on that day. Now, if there aren't any scheduled or unscheduled interruptions, episode 2 will be the following week. Unfortunately, we don't have a clear idea of the schedule until next week. So I would check back next week to be sure.

It is showing on NHK? If so when? Sorry I can't remember where that was posted... :(

I specifically said magazines Zinjackerland, not line art books.

I'll try doing another scan at 200dpi when I get home tonight to see if it looks any better.

I really need to buy a new PC and scanner soon, as both are ancient and on their last legs, but the good lady wife won't approve the funding until they actually die. :(

Paying the mortgage and saving for my son's education is really limiting my spending these days. Need a better paying job! Actually, I'm working two jobs as it is and still never seem to have enough money. :(

Graham