Macross Frontier News Thread *Read 1st post*

azrael

Ok, being fairly toy ignorant, I need to ask. When they say "1/60 Vf-25 super alloy", what are they meaning by super alloy?

It's the machine translator.... :rolleyes:

超合金 = Chogokin

It says 1/60 VF-25 DX Chogokin

website updates: 3/14/08

-Macross F Radio program starts in April

Nippon Cultural Broadcasting, 25:30, airing every Friday starting 4/4/08

Manichi Broadcasting, 25:30, airing every Sunday starting 4/6/08

Guests include Yuichi Nakamura, Hiroshi Kamiya, Megumi Nakashima.

You can e-mail questions to them here. (Foreign submissions are allowed, but please remember this is a Japanese radio show)

They'll be covering a range of topics from including the Idol promotion, SMS fan club, etc. Please submit questions or comments to the link provided.

-Looks like there will be a event at a cafe & bar (whose name doesn't want to machine translate well) in Akihabara starting on 3/22, thru 3/30. You can get some goodies and an original drink. More details are coming.

I love the mask :) I guess he wants to avoid being "Macross Violin Kid" :)

He'd have to play a broom/racket/bat while hissing humming the tune for that to be even remotely possible. :lol:

Nice performance if I have to say. :)

Anybody having the song stuck in their head?

Can't get the "Moeteke!"- part to stop spooking my mind..

Edited by T.V.

Is that krespy playing or is he just the uploader?

LOL :lol:

Good performance. Too bad he didn't have the Karaoke version and a decent mixing setup, or that might be a good remix/cover. I am really loving this song!

There's an update of the official site blog about the toys and models:

皆さんこんにちは。

「マクロスF」商品情報などをお伝えしていきますバンダイのsato4と申します。

さてさて。

ワンダーフェスティバルで発表済ですが、バンダイからバルキリーVF-25を下記の3ラインで展開します。

・1/60スケール DX超合金

・1/72スケール プラモデル

・1/100スケール アクションフィギュア

いずれも価格・発売日とも未定ですが、このブログで進捗などを伝えていきたいと思います。

1万と2000年前から愛してる某作品に引き続き、河森正治総監督にはお世話になっているんですが、いや~河森さんは相変わらず天才です。

今回のバルキリーVF-25は今までにないカッコ良さ!

変形もプロポーションも完全再現すべく、ウチの開発担当者がバリバリ頑張っていますのでクオリティには期待していて下さい。

もちろん!バルキリー以外の商品展開にもご期待下さい。

translation:

Hello, I'm sato4 of Bandai, here to update you on information concerning Macross F products.

Well, they've already been announced at Wonderfestival, but Bandai will be releasing VF-25 valkyries from the following lines:

1/60 scale DX chogokin

1/72 scale plastic model kit

1/100 scale action figure

Pricing and release date have yet to be announced for all of the above, but I will be updating this blog with info when it becomes available.

Continuing on from the work that we've loved from 12,000 years ago (WTF?), Kawamori director has really taken care of us, but Kawamori is still the genius that he's always been. His latest VF-25 valkyrie is the best looking one yet! In order to completely reproduce the transformation and proportions, our staff are working hard so please look forward to the quality of the products.

Of course, please look forward to non-valkyrie releases as well.

Non-valk releases? With the lack of destroids or enemy "mecha," I can't really think of what they could be. Vajira action figures? Sheryl dolls?

Edited by cyde01

Thanks for the translation cyde01. Some strange bits in there I can understand your comments :) Still, this is fantastic news. I'm very curious about the non-Valkyrie releases as well. Something worth considering is that they could be referring to space ships as well. An interesting possibility.

Thanks for the translation cyde01. Some strange bits in there I can understand your comments :) Still, this is fantastic news. I'm very curious about the non-Valkyrie releases as well. Something worth considering is that they could be referring to space ships as well. An interesting possibility.

Hmm, could there be 1/100 scale Varja coming?

Me likes that possibility... B))

hmmm.. would yamato's konig monster prevent bandai from legally releasing their own konig? that would be a role reversal..

I think non valkyrie refers to Qrau and other mecha in the Macross F series.

Destroid, destroid, destroid. I also want some scale model of the ship. ^_^

Or maybe they're making Gubaba ala Haro toys :ph34r:

hmmm.. would yamato's konig monster prevent bandai from legally releasing their own konig? that would be a role reversal..

Unless Bandai bought out Yamato's rights. As far as I know the Konig is now out of production (but I could be wrong...Graham?)

While Yamato has the rights to make the VF-X2 version of the Konig Monster, I doubt that would affect Bandai's rights to make a Macross Frontier version of the Konig Monster.

From what I understand, Big West grants the merchandising rights by series and scale, not by Mecha type.

Graham

Man.. things like this make me hate capitalism.... :(

Edited by Gerli

Man.. things like this make me hate capitalism.... :(

And Graham's post above should make you fall in love with it all over again... ^_^

Thanks for the clarification Graham. Now, if Bandai did decide to make a VB-6 toy for their Macross F line, would they go with 1/100 (admittedly Yamato's territory in scale if not series wise), or go all out with a 1/60 jaw dropping, wallet crushing, behemoth? Or would they just go with a 1/72 model kit?

Edited by mechaninac

And Graham's post above should make you fall in love with it all over again... ^_^

Thanks for the clarification Graham. Now, if Bandai did decide to make a VB-6 toy for their Macross F line, would they go with 1/100 (admittedly Yamato's territory in scale if not series wise), or go all out with a 1/60 jaw dropping, wallet crushing, behemoth? Or would they just go with a 1/72 model kit?

I'd expect the Monster be in 1/144 scale to keep the costs down, however, Bandai is capable of just about anything these days.

From the MF blog, complete details about the Tokyo International Animation Fair 2008 stage show are up. Kawamori is scheduled to make an appearance there.

This is pretty cool news, I may just be able to see this on the 30th. Hopefully, my friends and I will get there early enough.

I did NOT know the Armor Pack had all those missiles...WOW.

EDIT: I just upped it on Youtube. THX again kresphy!

Edited by UN Spacy

The theme song still ain't doing it for me. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've heard that song with a commercial and it still isn't working for me. I guess I need to see the opening animation to get a better feel.

Thanks for the vid kreshpy.

I know what you mean azrael. That song isn't doing anything for me. I'm rather unimpressed with it. It might be one of those ones that grows on me though. Like you said, I'll have to see the opening to get a better feel for it.

Couple of minor updates today:

-I mentioned that a cafe&bar in Akihabara is going to have a little special event from March 22-March 30th. That page has been updated with some info about special drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and special sweets. Anybody who is there during that time, check it out.

http://www.akibakotower.com/campane/macross/index.html

-Cream puffs should be on sale next week (in Japan only). Anybody near a participating AM/PM store will see a poster hanging in the window.