Macross Frontier News Thread *Read 1st post*

azrael

美男美女パラダイス

Handsome boy and Pretty gril's Paradise!!!

Nice fan service... :p

Graham, I would expect the biggest news month for Frontier will be the April issues, since all of them come out in March, a month before air date. Perfect opportunity to blitz the media about the new show and do the teaser reveals about upcoming story and Mecha.

Though, I'm sure we'll see a bit more info than usual in the March issues as BW and Bandai start ramping up the PR for the show...

美男美女パラダイス

Handsome boy and Pretty gril's Paradise!!!

I'm thinking the 'love triangle' will be between Ranka, Sheryl, and Saotome.... Just a hunch/wild-guess.

Edit: Sorry, I couldn't help it....

Edited by Oihan

The new slim lower legs on the VF-171 mean that a transforming toy that is accurately proportioned in all 3-modes should be possible.

Although the chunky lower legs on the original VF-17D/S from Macross 7 look better IMO, they make it impossible to have a slim line-art accurate fighter mode toy (witness the Bandai 1/65 DX VF-17D/S).

However, the slim lower legs make me wonder whether the VF-171 does have a gunpod, or just relies on the twin chest guns only? I know the manga shows the VF-171 with a VF-17 style gunpod, but it just seems to me that there is no way it would fit in these new slim lower legs.

Graham

IE

post-4512-1202438515_thumb.jpg

Not because of Harmony Gold... because the February issue of US Newtype will be the last

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...ase-publication

why the change? with a title named Piq? i'd be less inclined to buy... but maybe the mag isn't aided at my age after all... :huh:

Damn, no mecha pics in the March Newtype. :(

Graham

I subscribed to NTJapan this past week and my first issue is the April issue, weee! I am expecting a big feature on Frontier since it will be the issue to hype the series before the season premier in April.

I'd be looking for all the April issues of anime / model related magazines, I expect they'll be full of Frontier goodies.

why the change? with a title named Piq? i'd be less inclined to buy... but maybe the mag isn't aided at my age after all... :huh:

It probably has to do with a change in licensing rates with the Japanese publisher. Plus there isn't a ton of money in anime distribution here, so the money spent has to give a decent return or there's no point in marketing the product.

The fact that a NT USA subcription can pay for double the number of issues of the new magazine tells us how expensive bringing that magazine to the US really was.

YAY! April 5th! *marks on Calendar* that means late sunday or monday I can see episode 2! YAY ME!

Actually, they'll probably start with episode 1 again. Except we'll probably have completed opening and ending themes. At least I hope.

Actually, they'll probably start with episode 1 again. Except we'll probably have completed opening and ending themes. At least I hope.

Completed ending theme, most probably but we probably won't see the opening theme until the second episode. Having an opening theme on the first episode would probably spoil the introduction of the characters and story reveal. Most series these days follow that trend as a result.

Completed ending theme, most probably but we probably won't see the opening theme until the second episode. Having an opening theme on the first episode would probably spoil the introduction of the characters and story reveal. Most series these days follow that trend as a result.

Good point, but I've never known Kawamori to reveal a terrible amount of detail in his opening credits. Although, he may have changed that with Aquarion (I never watched it so...)

What is the red Valkrie??

A CG posing doll for the VF-25 w/ Super parts/Full armor. It's just a model to help animators figure out how to transform a VF-25 with the addons.

A CG posing doll for the VF-25 w/ Super parts/Full armor. It's just a model to help animators figure out how to transform a VF-25 with the addons.

That really hasn't been confirmed as far as I am aware...

The differences to the VF-25 are substantial...

That really hasn't been confirmed as far as I am aware...

The differences to the VF-25 are substantial...

That's what i though as well. the rear thrusters are completly different. They remind me of the SV-51 with more thrust control veins.

Seems lika na awful lot of time to render this for just a test model?

We've discussed that purple Valk a few times already over the past month, but my present thinking is that it is something that will appear later on in Macross Frontier.

I agree that the differences with the VF-25 Super are too great.

Graham

That's what i though as well. the rear thrusters are completly different. They remind me of the SV-51 with more thrust control veins.

Seems lika na awful lot of time to render this for just a test model?

We know the Zents will play a part somewhere in the story, and that fighter tends to conjure up images of a hybrid design between the VF-14 and the SV-51. Who knows maybe it's Kawamori's new VF-141? It's all speculation at this point.

Anyone else notice in the "Singing" pic that was posted, the color of the ties the guys are wearing? I guess we know who the Hikaru, Max and Kakizaki types are going to be. :p

The same colors as the trim on their individual X-Gears, which I commented on back when the episode aired in December.

Graham

Well less than 2 months for Macross F... great B))

I agree that the VF-11 and the Vf-4 are too old to appear in Macross F but in Macross Seven the VF-1J Millia type was too old and it appeared... so I hope in Macross F we could watch them but I know that is pretty dificult to happen...

BTW I am pretty sure that we are going to see a new versions of the VF-19 and the VF-21, I just a feeling I have