If you had your own anime

deadghost

Say for some odd reason you recently had a grant to makeand give birth to your very own anime, you do the story, designs, character work, everything while you had animators at your disposal. What anime would you develop, would you base it on your life, or a weird fantasy that you always wanted, what category would you place it in. What would be the conflict if you even wanted one. How would it start and how would it end.

Put as much or as little information as you want. Heck if you have a script post it.

Oh and NO sick and twisted fantasy's with school girls being tortured or anything like that

Edited by deadghost

If I had my own anime to create..it would be about a young angst filled boy, who has to save the world from an evil magical spell that has cursed the land... and along the way he meets a girl who likes to give panty shots and giggles alot...but our hero is too cool for girls.. Also a crazy old guy who can cast magic shows up. He's a drunk pervert....so the anime hijinks never end..

... :wacko:

My anime would be to remake The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension and then make the unmade sequel Buckaroo Banzai Against the World Crime League.

BB is just goofy enough that it just might "work" in anime form these days.

Indescribable WIN! B))

-----

Well I could pull a Gainax and make an homage filled SF romp. Or use Uncle GO's idea of manly shouting + giant robots = awesome show! I could always go post apocalyptic cyber-punk loli or a magical shota series! ;)

I'd have to go with a drama-ish/SF/mystic/slice of life show.

The brother is a SF fan is something of a playboy (knows he's wrong and try's to get out of the situations with the girls) who eventually knocks up 3 of the 5 girls near the series end but is to tongue tied when he's around a specific girl (the bad boy screwing things up so badly he loses his true love). The sister sees nature spirits, not dead people, is a bit of an eco-freak even though she is a fasion slave, hangs off her older brother too much, sometimes shoplifts. The mother is an parallel universes space pirate(sweet body, sweet motherly attutide though her ex-pirate ways show sometimes, harsh on discipline, bit of a son complex but hates his SF hobby and the girlfriends) and dad(stereotypical roundish not fat, loves the daughter too much, complains how she dresses even though he's also a fashion whore) is a big time buddist priest in charge of a medium sized temple who's lazy as it's director.

The place would be normal Earth and each show or mini-story arc would be about part of the family. Sometimes the family 'wins' it's battles sometimes they don't, but each story effects the character's development as the show goes on.

1) Psychological Horror/mystery/suspense/thriller with some light comedy tossed in here and there to lighten the mood a little bit before diving back into the intense stuff. Not for the squeemish, along the lines of Higurashi season 1, although a bit more violent. Along the lines of Silent Hill, Angel Heart, The Machinist, Higurashi no naku koroni, and others.

2) Zombie apocalypse series about a group of college students (with other older and younger characters mixed in) trying to survive a zombie apocalypse. Unlike in other zombie movies, the group of friends have already had lots of those discussions of what to do during a zombie apocalypse, and now it's time for them to try out those things. Horror, violence, zombies, stupid people (have to have those in a zombie story). Taking place in the US. Shuffler zombies, runner zombies, but none of those super mutated monsters from Resident Evil/Bio Hazard.

3) A fantasy series, in the vein of Final Fantasy IV. :D Oh yeah.

Lots of random ideas from me. Some not too good.

- A Macross anime? Set during Space War I, showing the experience of a UN Spacy VF-1 unit based on Earth. It starts upon the SDF's return to Earth and the conflict it brings with it back to Earth. It'll go a bit into the Reconstruction Era and the troubles associated with it.

- Romance of the Three Kingdoms, anime style? May or may not focus on one of the main sides, but it may be simpler to choose to see things from 1 of them... maybe Liu Bei, his sworn brothers, etc.?

- An idea from the late 90s "The Cockpit." A series of seperate stories set during WWII, from different people on different sides of the war. They can be a few episodes or a long arc. A German Tiger tank crew's experience on the Eastern & Western Fronts, with high point glimpses into Kursk and into the Western Front (D-Day related operations). Russian soldiers at the disastrous, early phases of the war. A British soldier awaiting on Crete and the eventual fallback into North Africa and the major campaigns about to erupt there. The Allied Airborne experience from D-Day and into the failure of Operation Market Garden. A US Marine's life attached to the 1st Marine Division, about to be a participant in the last major campaign of the war: Okinawa. A Luftwaffe pilot, flying since before the war and has survived so far into 1944; having become a high scoring ace, has survived to see the decline of the Luftwaffe against the powerful Allied Air Forces as the war drags on. Follow the experience of a Japanese soldier's unit during the miserable campaign on Guadalcanal. Good endings to each arc are definitely not a guarantee.

-Starship Troopers. done right and then some! something that would bury the movies & make the 3DCG show a footnote.

-Animated Evil Dead/Army of Darkness saga? :lol:

-some kind of action/sci-fi adventure with lots of bullets & explosions! with a "gun/doomsday device of the day" each episode. :lol:

My anime would be to remake The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension and then make the unmade sequel Buckaroo Banzai Against the World Crime League.

BB is just goofy enough that it just might "work" in anime form these days.

Personally, I was always partial to your short-lived 80's anime, Gunhaver JsARCLIGHT (and it's even rarer OVA spinoff, Stop! Raspberry Coat-hangers JsARCLIGHT!)

How about an anime where you have a bunch of really generic annoying characters surrounding the main character who isn't annoying. The main character finally gets sick of all the retardedness that surrounds him and goes on a crusade to rid the world of stupid, starting with the annoying characters that surround him. But just killing them in a brutal nasty manner would be too simple, he has to trick them into killing themselves by their own stupidity. :)

This idea comes from years of gritting my teeth while watching many anime series with annoying characters who just won't stop being annoying or die.

Ooooor... some sick and twisted fantasy with school girls being tortured, and tentacles. Because deadghost is squeemish. ;):lol: Just joking.

Although I am in the belief that everything is fair game in anime, even if I don't like it or absolutely hate it even. Well that goes for stories period.

JsARCLIGHT's Buckaroo Banzai idea is a good one. Loved that movie ever since I saw it as a kid. I hated that they never made a second movie.

Personally, I was always partial to your short-lived 80's anime, Gunhaver JsARCLIGHT (and it's even rarer OVA spinoff, Stop! Raspberry Coat-hangers JsARCLIGHT!)

Well you first have to break into the market with Buckaroo Banzai... then after the umpteenth Hong Kong Cavaliers spinoff, the mountains and mountains of BB toy merch (various Lectroid figures, Blue Blazers, Rug Suckers and several repaints of the Oscillation Overthruster Jet Car) you can finally do something that is your "art project" that you can stand to lose money on.

We just have to face facts... Buckaroo Banzai and the Hong Kong Cavaliers are the wave of the future. I'm already printing up Tshirts and getting a viral marketing campaign going. :ph34r::p

Oh and NO sick and twisted fantasy's with school girls being tortured or anything like that
You callin' dibs? :lol:

I'd love to do an eighties style space mecha show, right down to the transforming/combining mecha and eighties character designs. The main characters would be adults, and there would be no angsty or girly main characters.

I'd also like to do a parody anime that either exaggerates or reverses stupid anime cliches, and I love Sumdumgai's idea of a cool main character surrounded by annoying friends! That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Edited by danth

I'm gonna steal the most original idea here and sell it to Hollywood so that Shia Lebouf and Jessica Alba can come out in it

You're not going to be able to get Jessica Alba. She's gonna be pregnant real soon or treating that Hepatitis :ph34r:

Say... if Hollywood won't do Aliens right, how would anime do? Colonial Marines, Aliens, and all that?

Also, as someone mentioned Starship Troopers, that's right up the anime style. The whole powered armored infantry thing fits the bill with all the mecha-related anime that's been done.

I'd love to make an anime series about the Colonial Marines in Aliens. :-)

Soo much APC, M41A & Smart Gun Love going around. :-) Plus it should have an added bonus of Japanese translation of such one liners as:

"That's it man, game over man, game over!" :wacko:

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure." :ph34r:

"All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the corps!" :lol:

"How do I get out of this chickensh*t outfit?" :wub:

"Gorman: Apone! Look... we can't have any firing in there. I, uh... I want you to collect magazines from everybody.

Hudson: Is he fartin' crazy?

Frost: What the hell are we supposed to use man? Harsh language?"

"Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?

Vasquez: No. Have you?"

More of those nostalgic quotes here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/quotes :D

Edited by grss1982

I've had a couple of stories in my head that would translate well. Bigger than movies can be, but multi-season animation would contain them nicely.

One's a variant of the standard fantasy setting with dragons and magic, but it's actually disguised scifi - dragons are aliens, the setting is a barely recognizable post-apocalyptic earth and the magic is actually very advanced science.

The other is a variant on the standard space opera that I'm trying to make a novel out of at present.

Both stories have the aspect of being very gray, no one's really good or really bad, and sometimes you don't know who t root for, or if you should be rooting at all. Although to clarify, I'm not talking about Gundam Wing levels of gray and unsure allegiances - cripes, that was just frakking confusing!

I'm gonna steal the most original idea here and sell it to Hollywood so that Shia Lebouf and Jessica Alba can come out in it

steal my idea, i want to see my x-men show on hbo with an r/m rating.

1. buy the x-men, x-factor, x-force, excalibur and any other x-/mutant title license from marvel. then, i would do the same thing that the japanese do when they turn a manga series into a anime tv series and i would start with x-men number 1 as a new anime show (i can even make a marvel style animated show for ppl who don't want their x-men to have "huge anime/manga eyes). there are so many issues of the x-titles that i could make the show an hour long, show it once a week 52 times a year and never catch up with marvel. and my version would be for adults, not kids like the past x-men cartoons. violence, blood, sex and romance for the people who grew up on marvel comics and stopped readin' them when they "grew up" (or just fell behind and quit buyin' issues).

2. my own original team of mutants drawn anime style with no relation to marvel's universe. my team of mutants would be more like x-force than the x-men. they see nothin' wrong with killin' off evil mutants and super villains (like x-force) while some other mutant teams only want to stop their attacks (like x-men).

3. my own mecha series 'cause i love giant robots. my series is more unorganized like the x-men. the year is like, 3052 so that mechas are cheaper to build. the military have mechas but so do large corporations and businesses. some people who are middle to high income have also bought their own mechas. havin' a mecha is not illegal but buyin' arms for it is. this is where it gets interestin'. their is a black market for arms for your mecha.

anything can happen, large corporations wage "underground wars" against their competition tryin' to take their rivals out of business permanently . then you can have rich individuals that join a "fight club" just for the adrenaline rush. then you have those who ban together in small armies for their own goals. some armies fight to protect the world and some armies fight to take over the world. so the series can focus around an underground army that fights to protect the world. their enemies can be anybody who misuses their mecha.

3. i guess that i could do a "crazy" series. it would have giant mechas like macross, gundam and full metal panic!; super heroes and mutants like x-men; shinigami's like bleach and death note, ninjas and samurais like naruto, ninja scroll and rurouni kenshin. just think of it as a giant anime universe (like a marvel/dc universe) where you can never guess what will happen. you can have an entire squad of mechas about to be killed when all of the sudden a joint team of ninjas, samurais and mutants show up and join the fight. then the shinigamis have to get involved 'cause they hired the team of mechas that are now out numbered by the other mechas, ninjas, samurais and mutants. or anything else that i can think of.

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

2) Zombie apocalypse series about a group of college students (with other older and younger characters mixed in) trying to survive a zombie apocalypse. Unlike in other zombie movies, the group of friends have already had lots of those discussions of what to do during a zombie apocalypse, and now it's time for them to try out those things. Horror, violence, zombies, stupid people (have to have those in a zombie story). Taking place in the US. Shuffler zombies, runner zombies, but none of those super mutated monsters from Resident Evil/Bio Hazard.

You've read my mind ^_^

:ph34r:

Really, though. Zombies+apocalypse+mecha+Yoko Kanno= one happy Necron99 :D:D:D

One's a variant of the standard fantasy setting with dragons and magic, but it's actually disguised scifi - dragons are aliens, the setting is a barely recognizable post-apocalyptic earth and the magic is actually very advanced science.
You'd probably like Genesis Survivor Gaiarth, an early nineties anime that's unfortunately only available on VHS.

I've thought about my own anime. I actually plan to make some comics of myself and my wife; basically our current life with families and friends.

I'm a big fan of robotech, macross, gundam, aliens, transformers and naruto....so I would assume to have elements from these shows on my own anime.

All I can say is it would have lots of nudity, guns, blood, and giant robots kicking the crap out of everything. Oh yeah, and lesbians. There would definately be lesbians... ;)

One thing there would not be is an angst ridden whining teenager who doesn't want to fight as a main character. And if there was, he'd get called nasty names and killed by his own people after 5 min.

All I can say is it would have lots of nudity, guns, blood, and giant robots kicking the crap out of everything. Oh yeah, and lesbians. There would definately be lesbians... ;)

One thing there would not be is an angst ridden whining teenager who doesn't want to fight as a main character. And if there was, he'd get called nasty names and killed by his own people after 5 min.

Watch Simoun. I think it fits your description. :lol:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...ime.php?id=6287