Do you think YAMATO should make their pack smaller?

newca

During the shopping trip in HK days ago, I got a 25th Anni VF-1S and a GBP-1. Since there are too many boxes for me to take with, I have to find some way.

I noticed that there are enough room to use in the YAMATO package, at lease 6 boxes of plastic models and 12 diecast car toys were filled into the VF-1S, and 3 boxes of model and 8 bottols of paint and even a Revoltech toy into the GBP-1 box!

How kind of YAMATO over packing their VFs :lol:

post-548-1198826844_thumb.jpg

post-548-1198826887_thumb.jpg

post-548-1198827004_thumb.jpg

While I'd like very much for Yamato to reduce paper waste some of the empty space is there to protect the toy during the rough and tumble of international shipping... you know? The kind where the handlers drop kick the carton simply because they're having a bad day?

A reseller told me that they'd feedback to Yamato that the 1/60 VF-0's tailfins were getting damaged because of accidental crushing of the corners of the boxes...

LoL

It's not like you can just flat pack the boxes and send them in a jiffy bag via normal post. The plastic inserts still take up all the room.

Admittedly thats what I did with mine. Hasegawa kits have plenty of room too Gashapon fit so well into them.

At least with PS2/3 games you can put the disk in a disk pouch and put the case labels into an unbendable envelope and post em or just pop them into the bottom of you bag and get new cases when you get home. My friend managed to get nearly 200 games disks that way and they took up less space than my one Wave Battroid kit.

They need inflatable packaging thats the answer.

Edited by big F