Invid vs. UN Spacy

Druna Skass

OK how do you guy think a UN Spacy vs. Invid war would go.

I can see the UN having some difficulty with the way the Invid fight. Even after the swarms of missiles, there would probably be more Invid following and the VFs maybe hard pressed to cover the capital ships, and they'd have to re-load too. I can see it being like a Macross version of a Zerg vs. Terren fight on StarCraft. Though as for attacking Earth itself I don't think they could get though the defence net. Not after a couple blasts from Macross cannons.

Is there a difference? Aside from the Regis' voice overlaying the "blub blub" noises the Inbit make? Oh and leaving out that silly Regent stuff, too... though the addition of all that stuff would seem to indicate RT's Invid were more prolific than Mospeada's Inbit, wouldn't it?

Still, given the way RT's Earth was devastated by the Zentraedi and then rebuilt and THEN hit by the Invid, they'd be weaker than Mospeada's Earth (without any of Macross' cloning/overtech nonsense)... so I'd say RT's Invid woudln't have had to hit as hard as Mospeadas... Course, RT's defenders were also significantly weakened by their reliance on Protoculture (and the Invid ability to so easily detect it) negated any possibility at stealth at all... IIRC, RT's human mecha are more of a beacon than Mospeada's humans were to the Invid... I haven't bought the untitled Mospeada yet, though... was the state of the Earth relatively "normal" (late 20th, early 21st century) before they invaded?

Edited by Uxi

Well....Robotech Invid can detect Protoculture energy, but the Inbit detect any energy signature. Thus, a protoculture-free UN Spacy would run roughshod over the Invid, but the Inbit would be able to target the fusion reactors used by the varioous UN mecha.

Hmm... the way it sounded to me was that the Invid were REALLY really after Protoculture. Kinda like feel it behind their eyes or something like that... anad that the Regis detected it from across the galaxy. Surely the Inbit can't detect that far (and still distinguish it from solar flares, volcanoes and what not) with "ordinary" energy, can they?

And still seems like RT Invid are much more numerous than the Mospeadas? We need a Mospeada guru in here!

I'm no Mospeada guru, but I have recently watched the series from beginning to end.

Inbit do seem to be limited in how far they can sense energy. However, they did somehow find earth from wherever in the galaxy they came from, whatever that implies. Robotech's babbling about Protoculture aside, what you see in the footage is played pretty much the same in Mospeade. A single H-90 powering up can be enough to draw their attention. In Mospeada, all of those "protoculture canisters" are actually HBT, a kind of hydrogen fuel. After occupying the planet, they hoard and control the supply of HBT as a way of controlling the remaining human population. In short, the techno babble changes, but the results stay the same.

I agree, we should go with the Mospeada Inbit, since it levels the playing field.

Inbits, all the way.

The Inbit have a "hive" and "single mind" thing going for them, they are all on the same page and come at you in swarms with no personal concepts of the individual. That means an Inbit will gladly smash himself into your ship just to kill you to prevent you from harming the hive or the Refles. The meager SDF-1 Macross barely avoided doom by playing on the Zentradi's weaknesses... the Inbit don't really care if a japanese school girl sings or not, they'll kill her and everyone behind her... if they bother them.

One massive difference between the Robotech Invid and the Mospeada Inbits are that the Mospeada Inbits really only sought evolution and survival rather than "protoculture" and unlike their Robotech counterparts they showed signs of being like bees or ants in that they would leave you alone unless you threatened the hive. Also unlike their Robotech counterparts the Mospeada Inbit were interested in making Earth their new home and spent a lot of time rebuilding the planet's ecosystem and returning it to a state of "clean". If not for the humans with their noisy machines always wanting to fight I have the impression that the Inbit would have just kept to themselves.

If not for the humans with their noisy machines always wanting to fight I have the impression that the Inbit would have just kept to themselves.

Good point. And like their Mars/Jupiter/Moon base counterparts in Mospeada, the UN Spacy leadership was likely dumb enough to destroy themselves fighting the Inbit.

If this is is the Invid from New Generation versus the UN Spacy just after episode 36 of Macross, the UN Spacy has very little to work with. Unless the 100 Zentradi ships are all filled to capacity, manned, and ready to fly, it's unlikely the UN SPacy would be able to field any significant resistance against another large scale war. The Macross is in pieces and would take too long to repair to be of any use. None of the other UN Spacy ships will be ready until Flashback 2012, and I don't think there's anything usable from the Grand Cannon. Sure the Spacy has rebuilt a noteworthy portion of its forces in the two years since the Bodolzaa Fleet was destroyed, but based on the last nine episodes of the series there sure doesn't look like much of a military.

I'd say the Invid take it. Afterwards, who knows what can happen. The humans of Macross sure do have the means to escape from the Invid and they possess superior technology than in New Generation.

If the Invid tried to invade the UN Spacy in 2040+, they'd have their crab asses blown out their mono-eyes and into the nearest supernova. By this time the UN Spacy would outnumber the Invid by a larger factor, they control multiple star systems, plenty of OT equipped captial ships like the Macross, lots of reaction weaponry, highly advanced variable fighters, and quite frankly just the planetary defense network around Earth would be enough repel the Invid on its own.

I think we are all forgetting that the "Refles" (or whatever) can convert herself and all here Inbit into a giant energy beam. With that in mind, I give the edge to the Inbit...not matter the time period.

Besides that, I don't know who would win...but I'd like to see the fight.

We had this discussion over at Rt.com. Suffice to say, the post-Space War 1 UN Spacy will be able to wipe the floor with the Invid. Like in Robotech, the Zentraedi ships can bombard the planet from Lunar Orbit. That means alot because the Invid have no combat capital starships.

In Robotech, the Invid are scared sh%tless of the Masters (and would be scared of the Zentraedi by default). I dont see how it would be any different for Macross.

The Inbit only detect HBT, and while they can swarm, the U.N. Spacy has reaction weapons that would whipe out any given mass of them. As for the Refles, Basara & Sound Force would turn her around, making the whole invasion moot.

Major difference between the two continuities is that in Mospeada, Earth had barely ventured out to Mars & Jupiter, while in Macross, people were all over the frakking place in colony fleets. Most likely Basara would send the Inbit to hang out with the Protodevilin, and they'd kick it back in whatever dimension they went to.

Oh for the love of Eris.......

damn, feeble-minded vs. posts.... MW forums are bound for hell in a handbasket and it's threads like this that pack the sandwiches!

C'mon guys, surely we have better things to discuss than this.....

In Robotech, the Invid are scared sh%tless of the Masters (and would be scared of the Zentraedi by default). I dont see how it would be any different for Macross.

I thought it was the other way around, with the Invid pissed as hell and the Masters trying to hold their rampaging hords off.

Oh for the love of Eris.......

damn, feeble-minded vs. posts.... MW forums are bound for hell in a handbasket and it's threads like this that pack the sandwiches!

C'mon guys, surely we have better things to discuss than this.....

If you want to see a forum that's gone straight to hell, go to Ogrish.com.

Better things do discuss... like what?

I thought the whole point of this place was to have a little fun...

Edited by Druna Skass

I thought it was the other way around, with the Invid pissed as hell and the Masters trying to hold their rampaging hords off.

That was my take. Well the Zentraedi were able to hold em off till Dolza sent everything after the SDF-1 and got alot/most of them destroyed. That upset the balance bad.