The Laws of the Macross Universe

ssfsx17

VF-11b's may be damaged or trashed but not destroyed. if youy're in a VF-11C kiss your @$$ good bye.

Wait a minute. Was'nt Isamu Alva Dyson of M. Zero using a VF-11C?

Anyways, another M. Law:

The badass character who is also a heavy drinker dies in the middle part of a series. *** cough *** Skull One *** cough ***

Wait a minute. Was'nt Isamu Alva Dyson of M. Zero using a VF-11C?

Anyways, another M. Law:

The badass character who is also a heavy drinker dies in the middle part of a series. *** cough *** Skull One *** cough ***

No that was a VF-11B and you mean Macross Plus.

If remaining alive is a priority to you, then avoid being a sempai to another character in the show (Ivanov-Focker Collary 1-A.2(a)).

Indeed, I also recall this when I played Warsong on my Genesis (US adaptation of a Langrisser game). When the student finally knows enough, or needs one final lesson, the Sempai's days are numbered.

My friend and i used to joke about Macross and say the best rule is to not really get attached to anyone because anyone can die at anytime. Roy was proof of that, as well as others. I have always felt that was one of the reason the show was so great. They put the realism of war in there. You never know who will actually come out of the battle. In GI Joe, everyone would come back so really there was no drama or suspense. The moment Roy died everything changed, then people started dropping like flies after that. And if you watch the Robotech version first like i did, the original bridge crew save Lisa all died.

My friend and i used to joke about Macross and say the best rule is to not really get attached to anyone because anyone can die at anytime. Roy was proof of that, as well as others. I have always felt that was one of the reason the show was so great. They put the realism of war in there. You never know who will actually come out of the battle. In GI Joe, everyone would come back so really there was no drama or suspense. The moment Roy died everything changed, then people started dropping like flies after that. And if you watch the Robotech version first like i did, the original bridge crew save Lisa all died.

i hate robotech. the only black person in robotech: the macross saga got killed off by harmony gold. notice that she (or anybody else in the bridge) didn't die in the japanese version. g.i. joe had it's drama, duke went into a coma 5-6 times.

i hate robotech. the only black person in robotech: the macross saga got killed off by harmony gold. notice that she (or anybody else in the bridge) didn't die in the japanese version. g.i. joe had it's drama, duke went into a coma 5-6 times.

so ture

heres mine

the main gun will kill all untill the last blatte when its useless lol

The SDF-1 will all rise again even after years of not moving

Edited by macrossvf-1msx

I got a few:

- Red painted valks are invincible unless it was piloted by Gamlin.

- In Macross Universe, soda can is recycled into a deadly micro missiles (thus explaining the can collector bots in urban areas).

- You will never see a bridge bunnies in a bunny suit :ph34r:

Indeed, I also recall this when I played Warsong on my Genesis (US adaptation of a Langrisser game). When the student finally knows enough, or needs one final lesson, the Sempai's days are numbered.

My friends and I refer to this as "Being Kenobi'd"

My friends and I refer to this as "Being Kenobi'd"

True. But let's not forget, that particular sempai lopped off his prized pupil's legs and arm, took his lightsaber away from him, left him for dead on some hell-hole of a lava planet, and STILL managed to survive for some 20-odd years after the encounter. ;)

Another rule: if you're female and a singer, there's a good chance we're gonna see you nekkid (or at least bound by tentacle-like cables).

The mortality rates of Valkyrie pilots and/or associated mecha tend to infinity in direct proportion to the amount of FAST Packs, armour & missile pods jettisoned in battle.

-edit- Roy Focker being a supreme death-defying pilot, and just too damned cool to die in Macross Zero, succumbed years later whilst waiting for his lady to finish making pineapple salad.

Edited by Randalt

C'mon now, who else but Roy would be bad-ass enough to:

1) shrug off bullet wounds,

2) make it all the way back to the living quarters without ever complaining or acting like a b!tch, and

3) spend the last few moments of his life peacefully chillin' with his lady.

All things considered, it ain't a bad way to go.

2) make it all the way back to the living quarters without ever complaining or acting like a b!tch, and

good point

if you're involved in a love triangle, you must resolve it exactly before the final battle sets up... (except if your Mylene)

Oh, but the triangle was resolved. It was Gamlin's singing that woke up Basara, not Mylene's, and I think that settled thing pretty quickly.

Too True....BUT....I thought his death more admirable when he self destructed in DYRL (or was it SDF..I think it was DYRL) :ph34r:

^^Maybe. But I like that Roy didn't die the "grand hero's death" in the TV series. His TV death was something different, poignant, and somewhat more gut-wrenching.

Was it some fantastic legendary battle against ridiculously impossible odds? No, it was just an ordinary sortie to repel some pissed off Q-Rau's (if memory serves me correctly). Roy just happened to be unlucky that particular day........kinda like how things tend to turn out in real life.

Granted, his whole post-flight, hang out with Claudia thing was a bit of a stretch.

But think of it this way: he got to die "out on the battlefield" (or eventually die from wounds inflicted on the battlefield), he protected his home, AND he got to die quietly and peacefully with a loved one nearby.

It's a subtle, yet beautiful way for an old warrior to go.

Edited by Mog