help me design the extior graphics of my new drift car

deadghost

Ok every body knows how crazy I am of mac F, I mean I am the guy who got a tatto from a cheap scan from new type. Well guys how do I sum this up for you...ok...here goes....I am currently saving up my money to buy a r32 gts-t nissan skyline from canada, if you dont know what a nissan skyline is then you dont belong anywhere near a car, but heres some info on it whats a nissan skyline ???????????. I wanted to dedicate the car to one of my fav animes EX-DRIVER, but I love macross F even more after watching it. I am into motorsports only because its the only thing that will get close to the cockpit of a valk. Any ways I want to design my r32 skyline after the vf-25. I dont want to put vinyl stripes of red and black and call it a day -thats too tacky. I am thinking of having the NUNS LOGO on the car, and doing some kind of graphic on the side of the car, but dont know what kind. look at the pic to give you a idea. I dont know who to put on there Ranka, sheryl, or even Ozama

post-4019-1198668764_thumb.jpg

Edited by deadghost

will i can make a helmet that you can put in the car.....are you goin gto be adding a kit to the car? what color will you be getting (white)?

well I would love a helmet ^_^, but I see no need for it YET, I am going to be getting a kit for the for the car, a URAS , let me know if you like the pics, and as for the color is either going to be either red, white, possibly the color it come with if its in good shape, or if you guys know of any colors that would look great it would be highly considerd. thanks for helping out

post-4019-1198739104_thumb.jpg

post-4019-1198739130_thumb.jpg

If you're going to "import" (i say that because there technically is no "legal" way to bring it in as a daily driver unless it's for strict track or show use) a GT-S, why not just go the full monty and bring in a GT-R. It's not going to hurt your pocket that much more, and you can find them for super cheap over there with low mileage. Not to mention you're getting an RB26 not a 25 and there are limitless options from there. Also if you're lucky, a lot of the R32's already have upgraded N1 blocks or OS Gaiken blocks and crap like that, i would definitely get a GT-R if i were you based on the means for which you're getting it.

If you're going to "import" (i say that because there technically is no "legal" way to bring it in as a daily driver unless it's for strict track or show use) a GT-S, why not just go the full monty and bring in a GT-R. It's not going to hurt your pocket that much more, and you can find them for super cheap over there with low mileage. Not to mention you're getting an RB26 not a 25 and there are limitless options from there. Also if you're lucky, a lot of the R32's already have upgraded N1 blocks or OS Gaiken blocks and crap like that, i would definitely get a GT-R if i were you based on the means for which you're getting it.

Well I would import it, but its a big heart head ache for me, even though my friends tell me just wait when you move to japan in a couple of years and go all out and buy a r34 since the price that I am buying the r32 is the same. I guess when I move I will import one but for now I got some friends on the canadian skyline forums who are selling them pretty cheap and are willing to me over the border to avoid taxes and all the other BS. I lookd up the prices for a gtr and there just a little bit more so it might be a possible. Of course this car will only be a project car and possibly a track car but I dont have any plans of haveing it as a daily driver. But thanks for the heads up

Well I would import it, but its a big heart head ache for me, even though my friends tell me just wait when you move to japan in a couple of years and go all out and buy a r34 since the price that I am buying the r32 is the same. I guess when I move I will import one but for now I got some friends on the canadian skyline forums who are selling them pretty cheap and are willing to me over the border to avoid taxes and all the other BS. I lookd up the prices for a gtr and there just a little bit more so it might be a possible. Of course this car will only be a project car and possibly a track car but I dont have any plans of haveing it as a daily driver. But thanks for the heads up

I did the same research since in a few years i also plan to "import" an R32 from Canada into states. As far as the NHTSA is concerned the R32 is an ILLEGAL car, not MotoRex or any other entity is able to bring them into this country as of last year due to a serious investigation prompted by Nissan USA and insurance companies. The most legit way to get one into the states that i've seen is to sneak across the border from Canada or have it imported from Japan as a motor and rolling chassis, and then go through the process of titling it as a kit car. This limits the miles you put on it each year, of course that can easily be bypassed through other not so legal methods also.

As far as pricing, i've been seeing the GT-R's go for about 10-16 grand dependent on mileage and upgrades, GT-S i've seen are going for about 3-4 grand less. GT-S you're obviously missing out on the whole experience of owning an R32, no ATTESSA system, no RB26DETT; i think you should dump the GT-S idea and go right for the GT-R, and try to get one with an upgraded block, N1, OSG, etc., that'll allow you to push more boost through it.

EDIT:

To further expand on the importing laws, the ruling that allowed R32's R33's and R34's into the states was amended due to crash test data not being fully accurate. MotoRex in conjunction with another company only crash tested the R33, R32's and R34 crash test data is largely unknown. Due to these facts, the NHTSA amended the ruling to only allow R33's into the states, this of course, is expensive. I did some asking around, and you're looking at about 20grand on top of the cost of car and importing to get a GT-R legalized. There are some chop shops down in the FL area that'll do it for much less, and any GT-R's that currently reside in the states with legal titles are fair game, but as far as getting an R32 or R34 legally into the states is a big no-no unless you cheat the system.

Edited by emajnthis

this is what i made so far in photoshop...still need more stuff on there i'll add more to it later on

vf25skyline.jpg

:) SUGOI......SUGOI .....thats a great start, you guys are the best, man such great effort and work I wish I can repay the favor, but I would like to use the NUNS logo, but check out the pics of the tuner acura, I think we make something completely better then that, but thats cool with what he did. PROPS TO LINK

post-4019-1198816167_thumb.jpg

post-4019-1198816180_thumb.jpg

post-4019-1198816192_thumb.jpg

That's pretty neat! Uh, if you wanted to style the vehicle after the VF-25, should it sport the yellow SMS hex logo rather than the NUNS logo? I don't recall seeing NUNS with the VF-25. Might save on the explanations too. ;)

How do they make & apply the custom decals, BTW? Can they do full-color ones or just minimal color, solid graphics?

That's pretty neat! Uh, if you wanted to style the vehicle after the VF-25, should it sport the yellow SMS hex logo rather than the NUNS logo? I don't recall seeing NUNS with the VF-25. Might save on the explanations too. ;)

How do they make & apply the custom decals, BTW? Can they do full-color ones or just minimal color, solid graphics?

very true NUNS OR SMS I can not decide. I dont know how they make it, but I belive they its called body wraps and they do all colors. Oh link heres the pics

post-4019-1198818576_thumb.gif

post-4019-1198818592_thumb.jpg

I did the same research since in a few years i also plan to "import" an R32 from Canada into states. As far as the NHTSA is concerned the R32 is an ILLEGAL car, not MotoRex or any other entity is able to bring them into this country as of last year due to a serious investigation prompted by Nissan USA and insurance companies. The most legit way to get one into the states that i've seen is to sneak across the border from Canada or have it imported from Japan as a motor and rolling chassis, and then go through the process of titling it as a kit car. This limits the miles you put on it each year, of course that can easily be bypassed through other not so legal methods also.

As far as pricing, i've been seeing the GT-R's go for about 10-16 grand dependent on mileage and upgrades, GT-S i've seen are going for about 3-4 grand less. GT-S you're obviously missing out on the whole experience of owning an R32, no ATTESSA system, no RB26DETT; i think you should dump the GT-S idea and go right for the GT-R, and try to get one with an upgraded block, N1, OSG, etc., that'll allow you to push more boost through it.

EDIT:

To further expand on the importing laws, the ruling that allowed R32's R33's and R34's into the states was amended due to crash test data not being fully accurate. MotoRex in conjunction with another company only crash tested the R33, R32's and R34 crash test data is largely unknown. Due to these facts, the NHTSA amended the ruling to only allow R33's into the states, this of course, is expensive. I did some asking around, and you're looking at about 20grand on top of the cost of car and importing to get a GT-R legalized. There are some chop shops down in the FL area that'll do it for much less, and any GT-R's that currently reside in the states with legal titles are fair game, but as far as getting an R32 or R34 legally into the states is a big no-no unless you cheat the system.

Tell me about a GTR was the OG PLAN, but I saw the prices and I know there a couple grand more but I am pinching dimes and cents, if I get a little bit more money I will go after the gtr no dout. here are the prices for the GTR are over 12k and a gts-t are usually under 7k. note these are canadian prices, you dont even want to know what californian seller's want.

that's gonna look tite, a skyline with macross art on it.

i always had an idea to put a valkyrie on my car, the fighter jet on one part, gerwalk on another part and battroid on another part. and these 3 parts were the side, hood and maybe roof. i saw a pic of an import with a dragon ball z toon firin' off his "fire ball" and it glowed in the dark. so my idea was to have maybe gerwalk on the side/door/rear fender. there would be missiles towards the front of the car and you could see the smoke trail in-between the two. battroid could go on the hood and the fighter jet could be on the roof. i sold my 240sx hatchback (180sx) 'cause it had too many problems when i first bought it (clutch, electrical, no a/c and i was broke at the time, i want another tho'.)

you'll buildin' a drift car, i want to build a drift car too. good luck.

EDIT:

dang, i knew that motorex was gettin' investigated but i didn't know all that. and i thought that they crash tested 32's and 34's, i heard a rumor that they tried to get permission to bring over s15's but they failed the crash test.

hmm, kit car, that's better than bein' a show/race car. that's a loophole to finally bring over a s15 for myself.

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

i always had an idea to put a valkyrie on my car, the fighter jet on one part, gerwalk on another part and battroid on another part. and these 3 parts were the side, hood and maybe roof. i saw a pic of an import with a dragon ball z toon firin' off his "fire ball" and it glowed in the dark. so my idea was to have maybe gerwalk on the side/door/rear fender. there would be missiles towards the front of the car and you could see the smoke trail in-between the two. battroid could go on the hood and the fighter jet could be on the roof. i sold my 240sx hatchback (180sx) 'cause it had too many problems when i first bought it (clutch, electrical, no a/c and i was broke at the time, i want another tho'.)

dang, i knew that motorex was gettin' investigated but i didn't know all that. and i thought that they crash tested 32's and 34's, i heard a rumor that they tried to get permission to bring over s15's but they failed the crash test.

hmm, kit car, that's better than bein' a show/race car. that's a loophole to finally bring over a s15 for myself.

If your looking for a s15 you might be able to smuggle one from canada, you might save some money then importing it, but it would be illegal in the states unless you make a loop hole and say its a kit car, thats what I am planning to do with my r32. And I used to work for a branch for Rb motoring and those guys were shady they would just buy skyline from motor ex and charge double the price, there prices where just bs. I am still figure'ing out what which macross frontier girl to put on the car, Rank or Sheryl maybe both. Al try to get more pics of other anime cars for a better perspective.

I'm crazy about the S15 Silvia also, i still hate that it they dropped the 240 stateside right as it was going to look its best. I've actually seen S15's imported through the kit car, and the show car method, i've always wanted one, and if you find one already in the states then it's prime for the taking. I wouldn't be surprised if the S15 failed the crash tests, the only reason the STI's pass crash tests here is because they welded a giant steel brace across the front of the car, i have a feeling something like that would have to be done to make Silvia's legal stateside. I always wanted to get an S15 Varietta (hard top convertible) with the latest model variable valve time with lift control SR20DET and the Aero Spec parts. People question why you would get a hard top convertible on what is essentially a performance car, but i think it's just fun and very uncommon, at least in this instance (of course if you gave me a hard top convertible option on any similar car i would probably think you're crazy, but the S15 has some of the sexiest lines IMO and a HT convertible would just add to its appeal).

As far as the paint scheme, maybe you should wait for more art to be released for the show to start drafting out some stuff. Even then, i think it'd be better to try and keep things simplistic; do some splash art or collage on the hood, and then a few classy things closer to the fenders (keeping it slighted toward the rear fender usually looks nicer). I think blunt stand alone pieces on a blank canvas like the center of the door looks tacky, keeping it slighted closer to the fender or rear half of the door to the rear fender will allow a focal point to blend or fade how you see fit.

Edited by emajnthis

wOW I did not know they made a vert for the s15, your right it would be uncommon to see one like that. And I think your right we should maybe wait for the rest of the series to see some great sexy scenes, that or I can talk to some of my friends who are pro artist's and see what they can render for me , but it might be better to wait for the rest of the series. I will start working on the SMS logo and other concept art designs. And a UPDATE on the skyline, I found a great r32 gts white for 7200$, I just got to wait for this business deal to go through and I got the the cash, if the deal goes better then what I expected I will get a r32 GTR, hopefully. As for the legal stuff I might have to keep it in my garage until I get everything sorted out with paperwork. Oh get this a friend of mine told me of a loop hole for imported canadian cars in the states, lol he told me to get me a fake canadian drivers i.d, and if I get pulled over or anything like that I should show it to a cop and say im here from canada as tourist ROFL, WHAT DO YOU THINK :lol:

heres a link to the Gts that I am eyeing

r32gts white

Are you really going to make a drift car? If so, the GTR isn't the best choice, unless you are going to convert to rear-drive. And, I hate the rear bumper on the body kit you posted pictures of; maybe a hybrid of that kit and another manufacturer's kit will look good.

Edited by Wicked Ace

Are you really going to make a drift car? If so, the GTR isn't the best choice, unless you are going to convert to rear-drive. And, I hate the rear bumper on the body kit you posted pictures of; maybe a hybrid of that kit and another manufacturer's kit will look good.

actually I have been eyeing the gts (it is a rwd variant of the skyline) it is also cheaper, and I love everything about that bodykit but I guess each to his own. Thanks for looking

Edited by deadghost

actually I have been eyeing the gts (it is a rwd variant of the skyline) it is also cheaper, and I love everything about that bodykit but I guess each to his own. Thanks for looking

I was going to say that same thing, GT-S' make great drift cars, but i guess that's why i question the purchase of the HCR32 over the BNR32, to me it seems you could get the same drift results out of a 240SX but be saving yourself a whole lot of money (especially since the HCR32's are built off of nearly the same chassis as a 240/180sx). I always figured the whole point of owning a skyline (IMO) is to have the GT-R, to have the GT-S isn't bad, but a lot of the appeal is lost to me. Then again, to each their own, so the obvious advantages to the GT-S over a 240 is the motor. There are so many upgrade routes you can go it's not even funny, just make sure you set a budget for it since you'll want a little extra juice to get the tires fired up, and again, if possible try to get one with some upgrades already under the bonnet.

I was going to say that same thing, GT-S' make great drift cars, but i guess that's why i question the purchase of the HCR32 over the BNR32, to me it seems you could get the same drift results out of a 240SX but be saving yourself a whole lot of money (especially since the HCR32's are built off of nearly the same chassis as a 240/180sx). I always figured the whole point of owning a skyline (IMO) is to have the GT-R, to have the GT-S isn't bad, but a lot of the appeal is lost to me. Then again, to each their own, so the obvious advantages to the GT-S over a 240 is the motor. There are so many upgrade routes you can go it's not even funny, just make sure you set a budget for it since you'll want a little extra juice to get the tires fired up, and again, if possible try to get one with some upgrades already under the bonnet.

good point emajnthis, but I got to let this be known, I am working on a business deal IF it goes ok I will get the gts IF it goes great I will get the gtr, IF it goes sour then I am screw'd, and I hate to do this option but I might have to ask my dad to help me out, and if he does he might not approve of and I might end up with slapstick 240sx,miata, toyota, or a mazda rx-7 fc. And I might have to wait on his discretion. Just remember this all based on IF'S. Wish me the best of luck

Edited by deadghost

• 1 month later...

well I bet you guys are wondering, what has been going on with the project. I came at a cross roads and I am that time where you got to plan your future. I said to myself you can have this car with the anime decals, and be stuck at community college, or save the money, finish community college, and possibly study over seas. I hate to say it but I am going for the prudent choice. I will do the car project, but not for a WHILE and if I do it it wont be a high class car, I see so much potential in 2nd gen rx-7. wish me luck and sorry for leaving you guys on the dark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
sigh <_<

Personally I don't see the point in getting a Skyline GT-R in the US. The cost factor alone (amount it'd cost to get a DECENT R32 or R34) is WAY disproportionate to what you get.

And before I get the speech of how the Skylines are... I lived in Japan for half a year. I drove Skylines and Silvias while I was there. Yes, they are nice cars, but definitely NOT worth the cost to bring it to the US. For the same amount of money, you can obtain a car normally in the US and invest into immediate upgrades.

But I know nothing of cars... I only have my '97 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL-Twin Turbo conversion with $14,000+ invested into upgrades (all installed by myself) that runs low-13's (High-12's on a VERY good day, and no I do not use a bottle). :p